canMNT vs Panama- Friendly Roster (Nov18)

king1010

Like this roster. Really like the inclusion of Alderson! Always felt he was an exciting player. Just stuck behind a glut of young talent at DM for VWC, and needs to move. I actually think his upside at DM is a lot higher than Tiebert's if he can get some minutes... really gets stuck in, in a way that Teibert will never do, who I see as more of a box-to-box guy. Attakora's inclusion is also nice to see.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like this roster. Really like the inclusion of Alderson! Always felt he was an exciting player. Just stuck behind a glut of young talent at DM for VWC, and needs to move. I actually think his upside at DM is a lot higher than Tiebert's if he can get some minutes... really gets stuck in, in a way that Teibert will never do, who I see as more of a box-to-box guy. Attakora's inclusion is also nice to see.

Alderson is behind only three players. He should be on the bench but isn't because Vancouver is obsessed with having like 6 different forwards on the bench in every game.

Alderson is behind only three players. He should be on the bench but isn't because Vancouver is obsessed with having like 6 different forwards on the bench in every game.

No he's not, he's behind 5 players.

About what I'd expect as far as the selection goes.  A few omissions, but with other commitments and a U-20 camp, its about right.

I am glad Alderson got called up but I don't quite understand it. It just sticks out like a sore thumb for me. I like him as a player, but he isn't playing. Looks like we still have to improve on our depth if we're calling in guys like this to fill the gaps. Great opportunity for the lad though.

Regarding Simeon and de Jong, I don't think either are in jeopardy of losing their spots. Both have been mainstays for some time and this will continue, I am sure.

Disappointed Daniel Haber has not featured for us in a while.

Maybe I missed it, but are Issey and REB both excluded? I think both are developing into first choices on the flanks.

Edit: Noticed Issey is there - good.

Attakora for me is similar to Alderson - why is he getting called when he doesn't play? Is our depth really this shallow?

No problem with DeRo getting calls. I think he was unlucky not to do better at TFC this year. Things just never seemed to go his way. I don't think he is done quite yet.

Pacheco is an interesting omission, especially when you consider Alderson's presence.  

----------------------Borjan----------------

Ledgerwood---Henry---Edgar-----Tissot

-------------------de Guzman------------

Osorio-----Hutchinson--Berinier-----Issey

--------------------Ricketts-------------------

Straith for de Guzman

Teibert for Osorio

de Rosario for Issey

Ouimette for Ledgerwood

Morgan for Tissot

Bekker for Bernier

Ok, so WTF ever happened to Keven Alemán? He got cap-tied at the 2013 Gold Cup, and then seems to have disappeared in the Costa Rican league. I believe that he has tweeted that he wants to play and will work as hard as he can to get a call-up. I though he was a generally good young player. Has Floro found him wanting?

It has been mentioned he isn't match fit, at least not in the way the coach of Herediano wants. Although from what I've seen some media say in Costa Rica, the coach does like him and simply wants to make sure he has Aleman at primo condition. That being said I am a bit surprised Floro didn't call him in since the game is in Costa Rica.

It has been mentioned he isn't match fit, at least not in the way the coach of Herediano wants. Although from what I've seen some media say in Costa Rica, the coach does like him and simply wants to make sure he has Aleman at primo condition. That being said I am a bit surprised Floro didn't call him in since the game is in Costa Rica.

The game is Panama. Close enough though i guess lol. 

I think Floro just gave guys like pacheco and de jong a break because they've been to the last couple camps in N.A. Similar to how Atiba and Osorio got a break last time around. Just keeping the club teams happy. Simeon on the other hand has missed 2 in a row, might he be falling out of favour with Floro?

The game is Panama. Close enough though i guess lol. 

I think Floro just gave guys like pacheco and de jong a break because they've been to the last couple camps in N.A. Similar to how Atiba and Osorio got a break last time around. Just keeping the club teams happy. Simeon on the other hand has missed 2 in a row, might he be falling out of favour with Floro?

Oops. my bad.

Would like to Smits, Aleman, Drew Beckie @ RB 

Is REB injured? having the speed demons REB n Ricketts in a 4-3-3 i feel is Canada best chance to score goals & give defenders nightmares .. Basing this on speed alone .. 

I agree I'd like to see our top 3 players from NASL called up.

This team really is a very defined 4-1-4-1 though so don't expect any 4-3-3. 

For the first time in a while it feels like a true 1st choice team of players who've played with us before.

I expect something like this:

Ledgerwood---Henry---Edgar-----Morgan

Osorio-----Hutchinson--Teibert-----Issey

It really could be Teibert or Bernier starting. 

This is pretty much our 1st choice team except lacking Hainault and De Jong I think.

I expect something like this:

Ledgerwood---Henry---Edgar-----Morgan

Osorio-----Hutchinson--Teibert-----Issey

It really could be Teibert or Bernier starting. 

This is pretty much our 1st choice team except lacking Hainault and De Jong I think.

This works for me but I'd prefer it if Teibert and Osorio swapped.

I'm OK with this roster, it will be interesting to see how Floro puts a starting 11 together, I have faith in him judging by what I have seen so far! It's a good thing that we are seeing a few different faces at each camp, despite the no shows he will eventually have some big decisions to make when we start playing for keeps!

He is definately improving as a target man. Unless Cavallini gets inspired to play for us again Ricketts is our best bet up top.

Shame no REB

Wouldn't have minded:

Borjan

Hutch Henry Edgar Tissot

JDG Tiebert

Issey Osorio REB

Ricketts

Atiba is wasted at RB though. Could through Nana at RB, Atiba in midfield then Tiebert wide left in REB's absence.

I see that on Nov. 18th at 7 PM CST on SportsNet ONE has listed International Friendly Soccer.

I assume this will be the Canada\Panama game?

Sure sounds like it. Better than being on sportsnet world. Hopefully its still on sportsnet.ca as im renting away from home at the moment and don't have sportsnet one. I'm sure there will be numerous streams on the net though.

Crewe Alexandra: Marcus Haber named in Canada squad for Panama game MARCUS Haber looks set to miss Crewe's home game with Chesterfield after being called up by Canada's national team.

It is Haber's third call-up to the national team since he joined the Alex in the summer.

He was an unused sub in Canada's 3-1 win against Jamaica back in September, but came on as a second half substitute as they lost 1-0 to Colombia.

However, Haber's call-up last month saw him miss the 1-0 win over Coventry, with Steve Davis saying he would have preferred Haber to pull out and play for his club, describing the call-up as 'not ideal'.

Read more: http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Crewe-Alexandra-Marcus-Haber-named-Canada-squad/story-24337777-detail/story.html#ixzz3IP4CU0gz

More proof of the struggles facing our boys when they choose country over club.  Hope Haber is given some playing time in Panama to justify his call-up.

I see that on Nov. 18th at 7 PM CST on SportsNet ONE has listed International Friendly Soccer.

I assume this will be the Canada\Panama game?

That's great news.  For those with a Rogers (digital) cable package, SN1 is on free-view until the end of the year.

Archived