Canada U20 vs. England U20 - November 12th

El Hombre

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing that really stood out was how much larger all of the English players were. Not just in height but they were all really muscular.

I think Jordan Hamilton looked much better and created more opportunities than Jalali. Even without the goal, Hamilton did more. His first touch got him behind the defenders but wasn't able to get a shot on target.

Good result for the boys. Let's remember that England has different games for their U19s, U20s and U21s all happening this week, so it is safe to assume that there are probably some players in these other squads that could have made the one we played stronger. Admittedly, we were missing a couple of big pieces in Larin and Aird as well. In any case, I hope this gives the boys confidence moving forward.

Another massive testament to the development of our game in recent years. In Floro & Co We Trust!

2-2 vs England....in england..congrats team and coaching staff.

England beat Germany and Netherlands in a mini-tourny recently and followed it up with a 6-0 crushing of Romania so this is awesome.

Wow nice result and play from the boys.  Who knows how strong the England team was but they couldn't be bad.

Looked like a nice pitch, good crowd, good flow and competition.  And NO ONE saw it.  Imagine how great that would have been on Sportsnet even as just a stream for the casual footy fan.

It seems we can't even produce a RB at this level. Haynes, who plays as an LB for the whitecaps residency and has played some CM for our U17 team, was playing on his off side.

The RB thing is perplexing. If we're going to stick a LB in the right back position, I'd put Kwame Awuah there.

I think it speaks loudly that our youth team can hang so well with a top youth team like England.  From the highlights and feed this game really could have went either way.  Everyone was feeling pretty good for our chances for making the U-20 World Cup after being the runner up at the Milk Cup.  These 3 matches will be good tests for us and this is certainly a great start.

Another thought is that such success and cohesion from our young players also bodes well to their future on the MNT.  If you look at them and they're all about the same age, plus there's a similar wave of players right behind them. 

The 5 pro teams look to be generating a steady stream of players each year to our national teams.  Players that have been kept close together and developed in similar environments & system.   It's important to have a large youth funnel to start with so we're not dependant on just 1 or 2 legit prospects for the stability of the MNT.  We haven't had this kind of steady talent pipeline before. 

Archived