Canada U20 vs. England U20 - November 12th

El Hombre

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, he is very versatile, he played fullback a number of times in the PDL, but he played as a winger for Cuba and started playing winger for the Whitecaps more this year. Saying that, I think his long term future is in the defensive midfield role.

Robinson (or his youth assistants) has made a number of players change positions in his time though, so don't be surprised if he is trying something different. He was using Alderson at CB for awhile.

Edit: Added clarification

Petrasso looking good on the wing. Using quick feet to get past him man.

JGL looking good In the midfield breaking up play and distributing the ball.

England is mostly playing the ball out wide and whipping crosses in while Canada is playing though balls behind the defenders. Jalali missing that extra bit if pace to take advantage of the through balls.

^i have no idea where you are getting this, but Alderson was never looked at as a CB.

That's what I was told by a friend of Alderson. Again, nothing serious on that front, but from what my friend said the coaches were encouraging him down that path. I don't know what became of it.

Petrasso looking good on the wing. Using quick feet to get past him man.

JGL looking good In the midfield breaking up play and distributing the ball.

England is mostly playing the ball out wide and whipping crosses in while Canada is playing though balls behind the defenders. Jalali missing that extra bit if pace to take advantage of the through balls.

Sounds like two of our most promising prospects showing the best. That's good to hear.

Archived