Canada U20 vs. England U20 - November 12th

El Hombre

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If memory serves correct from all those years living in England, what they call u19 is what we call u20, and what they call u21, we call u23 so this is one of the highly regarded ages.

It's not.

European countries have U21, U20, U19, U18, U17 etc. The U20's, U18's are the rejects and all the other age groups are the real talented ones. This was the last U20 England squad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England_national_under-20_football_team

The only really talented players are the 2 Southampton boys

It's not.

European countries have U21, U20, U19, U18, U17 etc. The U20's, U18's are the rejects and all the other age groups are the real talented ones. This was the last U20 England squad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England_national_under-20_football_team

The only really talented players are the 2 Southampton boys

I've seen Diego Poyet start in the premiership and thought he looked pretty good.

QPR tweeted Petrasso called up for games against US/Russia and England, so its seems we are playing more than one

INTERNATIONAL R'S: @petrasso20 selected for @CanadaSoccerEN Under-20 matches against @england, Russia and @ussoccer

That US game will be interesting. Their youth crop is very promising, Between Flroes, Thompson, Pulisic they have a lot of quality.

• 2 weeks later...

I have yet to find any ticket info. I've tweet the CSA, the FA and Bournemouth. No responses from either.

EDIT:

These are up on the Bournemouth site now.  I guess none of the places I emailed on tweeted could bother responding to me.  I've got wto tickets and it is almost completely sold out.  Looking forward to this.

I have yet to find any ticket info. I've tweet the CSA, the FA and Bournemouth. No responses from either.

EDIT:

These are up on the Bournemouth site now.  I guess none of the places I emailed on tweeted could bother responding to me.  I've got wto tickets and it is almost completely sold out.  Looking forward to this.

Yep the CSA has yet to acknowledge the England game, or the tourney in Spain our boys are supposedly playing in. USSF I think has already mentioned they are participating and named Canada as one of the opponents.

No Larin. But man, this squad looks pretty good:

CANADA
GK- Marco Carducci | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
GK- Nolan Wirth | USA / Oregon State University
D- Samuel Adekugbe | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
D- Marko Aleksic | CAN / FC Edmonton 
D- Alexander Comsia | FRA / RC Strasbourg
D- Luca Gasparotto | SCO / Rangers FC (on loan at Airdrieonians)
D- Jordan Haynes | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency
D- Rares (Chris) Serban | CAN / University of British Columbia
M- Manny Aparicio | CAN / Toronto FC
M- Louis Béland-Goyette | CAN / Impact de Montréal
M- Hanson Boakai | CAN / FC Edmonton
M- Marco Bustos | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
M- Dylan Carreiro | SCO / Dundee FC (on loan at Arbroath)
M- Kianz Froese | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
M- Jérémy Gagnon-Laparé | CAN / Impact de Montréal
M- Michael Petrasso | ENG / Queens Park Rangers (on loan at Notts County)
F- Sadi Jalali | CAN / FC Edmonton
F- Jordan Hamilton | CAN / Toronto FC (on loan at C.D. Trofense)

http://canadasoccer.com/canada-m20-to-face-england-russia-and-usa-on-road-to-2015-concacaf-championship-p157166

Bustos probably went to to that training camp in LA and realized he had no shot of getting any playing time and wisely made the correct decicion. Akindele may do the same with his call up.

Also larin is in NCAA playoffs therefore staying with his college team correct?

How do college based players keep their game shape up during the winter months. He'll have to be in top form come the January tournament.

All in all the roster looks pretty damn good.

Bustos to Chile could have been as simple as heading down there to see what he thinks. He has a lot of friends on #CanMNT through the Whitecaps. I think if anything he went down there and decided "I prefer playing with my friends" over a bunch of guys that just want to see him out of the starting lineup.

Wasn't there an article from the Province that kind of said that about Bustos? That he went just to see where he was at?

Bustos to Chile could have been as simple as heading down there to see what he thinks. He has a lot of friends on #CanMNT through the Whitecaps. I think if anything he went down there and decided "I prefer playing with my friends" over a bunch of guys that just want to see him out of the starting lineup.

Wasn't there an article from the Province that kind of said that about Bustos? That he went just to see where he was at?

Sounds pretty reasonable. Who knows maybe bustos was on our side the whole time and just wanted to troll Chile?? hahaa

Archived