Marco Bustos to Chile U-20

Lord Bob

I can guarantee you even if that happened there would be plenty of people on here slamming him for that too! That he's selfish, he's a traitor, and he's turning his back on his country!

No.

Canada isn't a club team.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can the Whitecaps put out a press release as if this is a good thing? Any club that is located in Canada probably does some good things for Canadian soccer by default and in their own interest but the Caps anti-Canada reputation is well earned. Yes the Caps pre-MLS did produce some good players and all the MLS teams could and should be doing more but through years of statements from Lenarduzzi, trials given to players who turned their back on Canadians and numerous other things. It is like the Caps are purposely disrespectful to Canadian soccer fans and are intentionally trying to piss us off. 

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/2014/07/marco-bustos-called-chiles-u-20-national-team

Congratulations Marco Bustos! Sadly, what is happening here is what is wrong with local soccer not only here in Winnipeg but is somewhat obvious happening throughout Canada. Instead of us applauding this young mans accomplishments and opportunities we slam him and his family. One has to wonder who are these faceless people? These people obviously jealous are for some reason hurt that they themselves or are family/ friends of someone they know that was never granted this fantastic opportunity that has been given to Marco! Perhaps, they have not yet come to terms that this opportunity was not earned and never will be. I have news for those people ... Get over it! These naysayers must realize even the Whitecaps applauded Marco's decision. And is it not just fantastic that " one of our own" has been recognized by a top 10 ranked soccer country? People get over it, and get on with your own dreams and whatever those dreams may be hopefully you will not be chastised for them!

Here are some facts,

I spend thousands of dollars a year supporting soccer in Canada, I've traveled across oceans to watch the Canadian national teams play, the crazy thing is; many Voyageurs are more insane , spending more money and traveling further distances. My reasons are simple; I love Canada, I love this sport and I want Canada do well in this sport. I do not care about England, Holland, Bosnia, Czech Republic, Chile or any other country on the planet, I am financially and emotionally invested in our men and women doing well.

Here is why I take exception to Marco's decision; I spend thousands of dollars on Whitecaps games which directly support his development as a player. Marco receives a grant from Sport Canada, my tax dollars are funding his development. The worst of all, Marco has suited up for Canada, taking away more money, time, and resources from an extremely limited program only to bolt when Chile came calling. You come here and have the audacity to say we should applauding his accomplishments? Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

Here is my advice, if Marco and his family feel hurt by the comments online (I really hope you are connected to him because you only joined to post on this topic), then it's time for Marco to hang up his boots and think about post secondary education. A career in the public eye means that every decision you make will be analyzed and criticized, and it's fair. The public has a say because without us kicking a ball around is a stupid worthless child's game.  

Btw, my name is Dan Finch (no longer faceless)  tell Marco to go fuck himself.

So sorry to hear about your son being cut from the u14 boys rec soccer team 20 years ago! You will have to get over it! But on the other hand I'm glad his operation is a success and maybe now he/ she can play for the senior womens rec team team! And speaking of cock sucking I heard your son/ daughter is an expert at that !

Damn... I was excited to watch this kid develop, but this is embarrassing.

I can guarantee you even if that happened there would be plenty of people on here slamming him for that too! That he's selfish, he's a traitor, and he's turning his back on his country!

No. You are so wrong. We support any Canadian player who can get a good job overseas because we know it's good for them as players and it is good for Canadian soccer because that player will improve and thus improve our national team.  None of us ever slam a Canadian for progressing in the game as long as they do not turn their backs on Canada.

Playing for a foreign club does not equate to playing for another nation.  If Bustos could get a spot on a Chilean club team the way Osorio was able to get experience in Uruguay, fantastic.  

Playing for another country is an entirely different situation.  Once a player does that, he can expect major blowback as this thread clearly illustrates.

Miro, you know all this. Stop being such a pratt. 

I would disagree, we have been VERY supportive of Canadians in Europe.  Key word CANADIANS.  Jealousy has nothing to do with it.  You have literally no understanding of why this makes Canadian soccer fans upset.  If all you can think of after reading pages on pages of how we need Canadians to play for Canada on a Canadian soccer board, with people that are still die hard fans even after we lost 8-1 to Honduras, is that we are jealous, you will NEVER understand the Voyageurs, and there is basically no point to you posting here, as common ground between us, and you, will never be reached.  

We...love...Canadian...soccer.  CANADIAN soccer.  Our CANADIAN national team needs good, young talent.  Jealous of ONE individual doesn't encompass half of the scope of what we are talking about.  We don't feel jealous...we feel betrayed.  Are you even listening????

Here are some facts,

I spend thousands of dollars a year supporting soccer in Canada, I've traveled across oceans to watch the Canadian national teams play, the crazy thing is; many Voyageurs are more insane , spending more money and traveling further distances. My reasons are simple; I love Canada, I love this sport and I want Canada do well in this sport. I do not care about England, Holland, Bosnia, Czech Republic, Chile or any other country on the planet, I am financially and emotionally invested in our men and women doing well.

Here is why I take exception to Marco's decision; I spend thousands of dollars on Whitecaps games which directly support his development as a player. Marco receives a grant from Sport Canada, my tax dollars are funding his development. The worst of all, Marco has suited up for Canada, taking away more money, time, and resources from an extremely limited program only to bolt when Chile came calling. You come here and have the audacity to say we should applauding his accomplishments? Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

Here is my advice, if Marco and his family feel hurt by the comments online (I really hope you are connected to him because you only joined to post on this topic), then it's time for Marco to hang up his boots and think about post secondary education. A career in the public eye means that every decision you make will be analyzed and criticized, and it's fair. The public has a say because without us kicking a ball around is a stupid worthless child's game.  

Btw, my name is Dan Finch (no longer faceless)  tell Marco to go fuck himself.

Finchster, if you are a season ticket holder, please voice your concerns to the Whitecaps' front office.  If enough Caps fans and season ticket holders voice their concern to the front office, the front office may consider cutting Bustos loose or trading him to a Chilean team.

How can the Whitecaps put out a press release as if this is a good thing? Any club that is located in Canada probably does some good things for Canadian soccer by default and in their own interest but the Caps anti-Canada reputation is well earned. Yes the Caps pre-MLS did produce some good players and all the MLS teams could and should be doing more but through years of statements from Lenarduzzi, trials given to players who turned their back on Canadians and numerous other things. It is like the Caps are purposely disrespectful to Canadian soccer fans and are intentionally trying to piss us off. 

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/2014/07/marco-bustos-called-chiles-u-20-national-team

Thanks for that Grizz.  I just went to that page and lit it up with my opinion.  An avenue to let the Caps know I don't think this is okay.  

Apparently it was the caps that told him it was a great opportunity for development

I heard that the Caps paid for his flight to Chile and also a friend of mine lives near Bustos and he said he saw Kerfoot packing his bag for him. 

If there is one thing this shows us it's that the $17M training centre they are building for the first team, residency and national team is a front for there hatred of Canadians.  This definitely wasn't a individuals poor choice, it's a conspiracy of the highest order.

Fucking Caps.     

You should apologize to deptzz.

Leaving Bustos' choice aside for a moment, is there any reasonable justification for FIFA allowing a player who has never resided in a country to represent it internationally, with the possible exception of refugees or political exiles? I can't think of any.

Leaving Bustos' choice aside for a moment, is there any reasonable justification for FIFA allowing a player who has never resided in a country to represent it internationally, with the possible exception of refugees or political exiles? I can't think of any.

I'm beginning to think this FIFA group isn't quite kosher.

The rules are designed to keep the strong nations strong.

Do nations like Italy or Spain or Holland really need to poach players from Brazil or Argentina (or Canada)? Not really, but they do it anyways because the rules are designed to allow it.

So can we at least have Bustos government funding rescinded?

If he had any class he would pay back the $11,000 he has received.

He do we contact to complain about that? The CSA? The Heritage Minister? That money should go to a player that is committed to playing for Canada. Not some mercenary douchebag like Bustos.

So can we at least have Bustos government funding rescinded?

If he had any class he would pay back the $11,000 he has received.

He do we contact to complain about that? The CSA? The Heritage Minister? That money should go to a player that is committed to playing for Canada. Not some mercenary douchebag like Bustos.

I would also like more info on this.

Excuse me Player123, Why is it okay to post on a Canadian soccer supporters forum about your family member who has chosen another country over Canada? That seems a bit ironic.

Marco is a traitor to Canada. Has he made a good business decision? Possibly. Time will tell. With Chile's current form, it will be a tough team to crack so Marco may be SOL if things don't work out. What annoys me the most is his availability to play for Canada when it suits him but as soon as something "better" comes along, he goes with it. I wish him the best of luck but I do not consider him Canadian any more. And he should never be allowed to be a part of a Canadian national team if the opportunity is there. 

I can guarantee you that EVERYONE on this forum would be ecstatic for Marco if he signed on with a big European club. Your country is a completely different story...

1.  Which is exactly what the Caps do, why is that good for TFC, but bad for the Caps?

2.  It is a good thing, which is why I said it was.  Don't confuse signing with developing.  

3.  Done more in the MLS than TFC, in less time.   

First round playoff?  That isn't whole lot especially this year where it looks like TFC will make a deep run in the playoffs and maybe even play in MLS cup final.  

When the last time Vancouver won V-Cup and played in CCL?  TFC at least won trophies and played in CCL which benefit our players.  

I agree with nearly everyone in this thread *glares at Player123*, but as earlier mentioned, the CSA wants Bustos to continue with Canada. The CSA has said that it WILL invite Marco to take part in the Milk Cup later this month. 

So while "we the people" no longer want to associate with him, the CSA continues down the path of "we'll take anyone we can." 

As much as I feel betrayed by Bustos, it's hard to completely cut off a player that has developed through the ranks, is very promising, and will MOST LIKELY come crawling back. 

I agree with nearly everyone in this thread *glares at Player123*, but as earlier mentioned, the CSA wants Bustos to continue with Canada. The CSA has said that it WILL invite Marco to take part in the Milk Cup later this month. 

So while "we the people" no longer want to associate with him, the CSA continues down the path of "we'll take anyone we can." 

As much as I feel betrayed by Bustos, it's hard to completely cut off a player that has developed through the ranks, is very promising, and will MOST LIKELY come crawling back. 

CSA: thanks for showing some backbone.   :rolleyes:

Congratulations Marco Bustos! Sadly, what is happening here is what is wrong with local soccer not only here in Winnipeg but is somewhat obvious happening throughout Canada. Instead of us applauding this young mans accomplishments and opportunities we slam him and his family. One has to wonder who are these faceless people? These people obviously jealous are for some reason hurt that they themselves or are family/ friends of someone they know that was never granted this fantastic opportunity that has been given to Marco! Perhaps, they have not yet come to terms that this opportunity was not earned and never will be. I have news for those people ... Get over it! These naysayers must realize even the Whitecaps applauded Marco's decision. And is it not just fantastic that " one of our own" has been recognized by a top 10 ranked soccer country? People get over it, and get on with your own dreams and whatever those dreams may be hopefully you will not be chastised for them!

My personal dream is for you to become the head of the CSA. Get over it!

You are what's wrong with local soccer (that would be the grass roots level, faceless123)

His accomplishments shouldn't be our envy because a nationality isn't an opportunity.

The dream of this group like every other Country's supporter group is too see a succesful team of players here not somewhere else.

And that's what supporters do so...Get over it!

/newsflash

First round playoff?  That isn't whole lot especially this year where it looks like TFC will make a deep run in the playoffs and maybe even play in MLS cup final.  

When the last time Vancouver won V-Cup and played in CCL?  TFC at least won trophies and played in CCL which benefit our players.  

Not only 1st round but win/loss.  You're fighting a losing battle mate, TFC's been absolutely shit in the MLS.  Its not a secret and as I ALREADY said, this season success has coincided with big money FORGEIGN signings.

V-Cup is not MLS.

Archived