Marco Bustos to Chile U-20

Lord Bob

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not only 1st round but win/loss.  You're fighting a losing battle mate, TFC's been absolutely shit in the MLS.  Its not a secret and as I ALREADY said, this season success has coincided with big money FORGEIGN signings.

V-Cup is not MLS.

And?  Results outside league play don't matter?  Winning domestic cups don't matter especially in this country where there's no Canadian league?  Whitecaps haven't done much at all..  We manage to sign foreign players, but we still find a way to have Canadians on the field to contribute. Whitecaps haven't done that and continue playing mediocre (at best) soccer so far. One  Playoff appearance doesn't mean much especially head to head, TFC have done better than Whitecaps 

What for? 

For the irony post against him I quoted.

http://www.theprovince.com/touch/sports/soccer/Canada+Italy+Whitecaps+Bustos+chooses+play+Chile+leaving/10005996/story.html?rel=837260

“I talked to my family and my coaches and the close support group I have,” Bustos said. “We felt it was a good opportunity and learning experience for me as a young player.

I think you won't oppose that this poster is a family member of Bustos, or at least a close friend.

Congratulations Marco Bustos! Sadly, what is happening here is what is wrong with local soccer not only here in Winnipeg but is somewhat obvious happening throughout Canada. Instead of us applauding this young mans accomplishments and opportunities we slam him and his family. One has to wonder who are these faceless people? These people obviously jealous are for some reason hurt that they themselves or are family/ friends of someone they know that was never granted this fantastic opportunity that has been given to Marco! Perhaps, they have not yet come to terms that this opportunity was not earned and never will be. I have news for those people ... Get over it! These naysayers must realize even the Whitecaps applauded Marco's decision. And is it not just fantastic that " one of our own" has been recognized by a top 10 ranked soccer country? People get over it, and get on with your own dreams and whatever those dreams may be hopefully you will not be chastised for them!

And finally, this piece of shit written here: http://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/2014/07/marco-bustos-called-chiles-u-20-national-team

You made fun of deptzz and he told what he heard which it turned out to be true.

Apologize to him.

And?  Results outside league play don't matter?  Winning domestic cups don't matter especially in this country where there's no Canadian league?  Whitecaps haven't done much at all..  We manage to sign foreign players, but we still find a way to have Canadians on the field to contribute. Whitecaps haven't done that and continue playing mediocre (at best) soccer so far. One  Playoff appearance doesn't mean much especially head to head, TFC have done better than Whitecaps 

If your not going to read what I write then this conversation will end very quickly. 

The point was about success in the MLS, not V-Cup, because the Caps are critized for not playing Canadians in the MLS, not V-Cup (they played a lot of Canadians including kids who don't even have a contracts).  Follow? 

The Caps have only completed 3 seasons, so 1 in 3 is a lot better than 0 in 7.  Again, its not even close and you'll notice your the only person arguing the success of the two clubs.

I have never made any excuse and have said many many times that the Caps should play more Canadians.  I think its piss poor they don't.  I'm not sure what you want, but your trying to milk a rock.  The difference is, unlike a lot of you, I can think they do one thing poorly without making the jump to 'The Caps hate Canadians'.  The Caps do stupid things, but they do a lot of good things - First residency, first team in USSF, 6 straight U-17 players of the year, contributions to CMNT, USL team in NW, CWNT, New western training facility etc etc.

You can be unhappy about one thing without being a looney toon about it.   

If your not going to read what I write then this conversation will end very quickly. 

The point was about success in the MLS, not V-Cup, because the Caps are critized for not playing Canadians in the MLS, not V-Cup (they played a lot of Canadians including kids who don't even have a contracts).  Follow? 

The Caps have only completed 3 seasons, so 1 in 3 is a lot better than 0 in 7.  Again, its not even close and you'll notice your the only person arguing the success of the two clubs.

I have never made any excuse and have said many many times that the Caps should play more Canadians.  I think its piss poor they don't.  I'm not sure what you want, but your trying to milk a rock.  The difference is, unlike a lot of you, I can think they do one thing poorly without making the jump to 'The Caps hate Canadians'.  The Caps do stupid things, but they do a lot of good things - First residency, first team in USSF, 6 straight U-17 players of the year, contributions to CMNT, USL team in NW, CWNT, New western training facility etc etc.

You can be unhappy about one thing without being a looney toon about it.   

What's head to head record between TFC & Whitecaps?  Like I said, playoffs "success" (one game) isn't really success. Whitecaps playing Canadians in V-cup? Maybe this year, but in the past, they have played their first team to try to win it until this year where they pretty much didn't bother trying and put up bunch of kids.

So I don't understand why you can't accept Whitecaps approach isn't helping them much while TFC is starting to win with Canadian content?   

I think that never in football history a club betrayed his own country. It's nice to have 5 clubs in Canada now But 3 most important clubs we have aren't doing enough and Vancouver is now doing his best effort to kill hope.

People should forget about our chances in the next WCQ campaign.

For the irony post against him I quoted.

http://www.theprovince.com/touch/sports/soccer/Canada+Italy+Whitecaps+Bustos+chooses+play+Chile+leaving/10005996/story.html?rel=837260

“I talked to my family and my coaches and the close support group I have,” Bustos said. “We felt it was a good opportunity and learning experience for me as a young player.

I think you won't oppose that this poster is a family member of Bustos, or at least a close friend.

And finally, this piece of shit written here: http://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/2014/07/marco-bustos-called-chiles-u-20-national-team

You made fun of deptzz and he told what he heard which it turned out to be true.

Apologize to him.

I quoted no one in that post.  I was making fun of the general hysteria and rumours flying around this board and make no apologies for it. 

Im not sure what you're getting at with the other things, maybe someones in the beer a bit early today, but in any case stop with the internet tough guy stuff.  Its a bit embarrassing.

What success in MLS VWFC?  One playoff appearance for 90 minutes?  Good job.  Meaningless in history.

You've only ever won Cascadia Cups while in MLS.  0 Continental qualifications/Voyageurs Cups. 

Not only that, but look at direction Whitecaps are going?  Are they building their team to win championships?  If you don't want to play Canadians then fine, but don't say Canadians are reason why they can't win games (this is what Whitecaps saying through their action since joining MLS).  TFC is proving otherwise and look like (once healthy) one of the better teams in the league.  

So I don't understand why you can't accept Whitecaps approach isn't helping them much while TFC is starting to win with Canadian content?   

It is working, the Caps are a very good team this year.  Also, I am happy that TFC is winning with Canadian cotent, its great for the CMNT. 

I quoted no one in that post.  I was making fun of the general hysteria and rumours flying around this board and make no apologies for it. 

Im not sure what you're getting at with the other things, maybe someones in the beer a bit early today, but in any case stop with the internet tough guy stuff.  Its a bit embarrassing.

I never expected to apologize anyways. You seem a very frustrated person expressing his anger every time you post here. I quoted you to make sure you won't edit your post. Thank you little punk.

If you don't want to play Canadians then fine, but don't say Canadians are reason why they can't win games (this is what Whitecaps saying through their action since joining MLS). 

"I" dont choose the lineups, "I" want them to play Canadians, and "I" have never said Canadians are the reason why they can't win games.  

I never expected to apologize anyways. You seem a very frustrated person expressing his anger every time you post here. I quoted you to make sure you won't edit your post. Thank you little punk.

Pure class 

"I" dont choose the lineups, "I" want them to play Canadians, and "I" have never said Canadians are the reason why they can't win games.  

But club you support are saying that since they joined MLS.  They were ones complaining to MLS FO and CSA about "high" Canadian quota when they first joined MLS, but haven't done much improve Canadian content since then.  

There's reason why Whitecaps are viewed "anti-Canadian" club by Canadian soccer supporters these days.  

But club you support are saying that since they joined MLS. 

So that means I am???

but haven't done much improve Canadian content since then.  

Contributions to CMNT, 6 straight U-17 players of the year, first residency program, first USSF team, first USL pro team, CWNT.

Again I can make a distinction between a couple of bad decisions (not enough first team Canadians, supporting Bustos) without running around like chicken with his head cut off making ridiculous claims.  They are a club that does some things right (above) and some things wrong, but gets way more critisism than they deserve, especially since the owner has such passion for Canadian soccer and has personally put millions of dollars into the development of Canadian kids.  You may not agree with how he does it, but he is trying.   

So that means I am???

Contributions to CMNT, 6 straight U-17 players of the year, first residency program, first USSF team, first USL pro team, CWNT.

Again I can make a distinction between a couple of bad decisions (not enough first team Canadians, supporting Bustos) without running around like chicken with his head cut off making ridiculous claims.  They are a club that does some things right (above) and some things wrong, but gets way more critisism than they deserve, especially since the owner has such passion for Canadian soccer and has personally put millions of dollars into the development of Canadian kids.  You may not agree with how he does it, but he is trying.   

You're making me laugh with these "success".  Those success doesn't mean anything if you can't produce first team players.  What does CWNT have to do with this especially since Whitecaps ditch their women program?  

USSF development league?  A league where all MLS academy teams (excluding TFC who prefer to stick with local soccer league in GTA) play is consider some of sort accomplishment?

USL Pro?  Again, nothing special there especially MLS teams are required to have USL Pro partnership.  

Again, these are meaningless success especially if they're forced to do those things.  

You're making me laugh with these "success".  Those success doesn't mean anything if you can't produce first team players.

Really, so first team players are more important than CMNT players?  Your beginning to sound like a Caps hater, rather than a CMNT supporter.......

USSF development league?  A league where all MLS academy teams (excluding TFC who prefer to stick with local soccer league in GTA) play is consider some of sort accomplishment?

But they were the first Canadian team to join, showing initialtive in trying to get competitive games for the kids.  How is that not good?

USL Pro?  Again, nothing special there especially MLS teams are required to have USL Pro partnership. 

First to do it showing initiative in getting kids games to bridge the gap.  MLS does not require it.

Again, these are meaningless success especially if they're forced to do those things.  

They arent forced to do anything.  Only someone blinded by his anti-Caps glasses would think these are meaningless acomplishments.  An owner and an organization are putting out millions to develop Canadian kids.   

Well if Whitecaps supporters stand up, then Whitecaps will change their tune.  But since that hasn't happen, then yes, Whitecap supporters part of the blame for Whitecaps "anti-Canadian" movement.  

Pure anti-Cap, uneducated, ignorance.  You have no interest in the CMNT, your just trollin'.

Really, so first team players are more important than CMNT players?  Your beginning to sound like a Caps hater, rather than a CMNT supporter.......

But they were the first Canadian team to join, showing initialtive in trying to get competitive games for the kids.  How is that not good?

First to do it showing initiative in getting kids games to bridge the gap.  MLS does not require it.

They arent forced to do anything.  Only someone blinded by his anti-Caps glasses would think these are meaningless acomplishments.  An owner and an organization are putting out millions to develop Canadian kids.   

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.  How many Whitecap players have played for CMNT lately?  Please don't start stating players from pre-MLS Whitecap era.  I am talking about Whitecap players from MLS era.  

All MLS teams are require to have academy and have them playing somewhere.  Joining USSF with rest of MLS clubs isn't something to celebrate about,  TFCA didn't join because they were happy to stay locally.  So being first Canadian team in USSF isn't accomplishment (it means nothing).  

USL Pro and MLS form agreement that MLS clubs suppose to partner up with USL Pro teams.  Again, what Whitecaps are doing isn't unique or special.  They're doing it because rest of MLS teams are doing it.  

Archived