Marco Bustos to Chile U-20

Lord Bob

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Whitecaps cut him, but given Whitecaps anti-Canadian history since joining MLS, I highly doubt it will happen.  

Time to send a message to fake Canadians who want to ditch Canadian program while using our resources (both on-field and off-field).  If Canada shows some backbone, then it will go long way of preventing more incidents like this.  

I'm pretty disappointed he was going to be a significant piece to our U20 team next year. 

Who knows if he could even cut it?  There is so much talent there he would be competing with Boakai, Aparacio, JLL, Froese, Carreiro, Petrasso and presumably Aird and Caniggia. 

Instead of expressing our displeasure to this kid on twitter, why not ask Vancouver what are they going to do about it?  Hopefully other pro clubs in Canada blacklist this kid if he doesn't pan out overseas.    

Instead of expressing our displeasure to this kid on twitter, why not ask Vancouver what are they going to do about it?  Hopefully other pro clubs in Canada blacklist this kid if he doesn't pan out overseas.    

both can be done effectively. Vancouver supporters should really pressure their team 

Vancouver isn't gonna do shit. The caps are garbage, they are not committed to our national tem, they rarely play canadians with the excuse that they want to field a winning team and they've never won squat. I live in BC and I can't even cheer for them.

If the kid likes Chile better than Canada, he should go live there, seriously, so sick of people using our country for opportunity and a better quality of life and then turning their back when anything is asked of them.

Thank god for people like Borjan amd Raonic or I'd have no faith in people on this front.

Here is hoping he is not good enough for Chile. I'd still take him back. Hell I'd take anyone who can help get us to the World Cup.

At this stage I want the minister of immigration to give two dozen Brazilian players citizenship and have a cap tie game waiting for them when they get off the plane. If FIFA wants to make this joke continue just play along. Of course being Canadian that wouldn't be proper and we are such good sports. 

Here is hoping he is not good enough for Chile. I'd still take him back. Hell I'd take anyone who can help get us to the World Cup.

At this stage I want the minister of immigration to give two dozen Brazilian players citizenship and have a cap tie game waiting for them when they get off the plane. If FIFA wants to make this joke continue just play along. Of course being Canadian that wouldn't be proper and we are such good sports. 

Have some backbone especially given quality of this player who might not even be good enough to start with Canadian U-20 team.  

both can be done effectively. Vancouver supporters should really pressure their team 

We need to send our message to soccer media in this country so they can make a story out of it and pressure Vancouver to respond to this.  Also, make sure other Canadian clubs blacklist anyone who ditches us like Bustos.  

This is a great test to see some strong leadership from so called soccer leaders in this country.  

Sam Adekugbe is tweeting that he is proud of Bustos and that you have to seize opportunities like this. Guess we know where he stands if england comes calling.

Canadians of convienience.

But how nice would it be it the caps actually did something about this, might finally win a little respect from me. Give his spot and development time to a Canadian. This is extra sickening given that he was born, raised and developed in Canada, it's not like his is one of the euros who played youth football over there (not that I am defending that either)

Can't wait to hear his excuse about how the CSA sat him on the bench in a scrimmage to justify this.

Hopefully some of their season ticket holders voice their opinions, seems like the only way they might be swayed, their past actions have sent a message that they are indifferent to the national team and probably encouraged ths kind of stuff.

Would be so sweet if he got cut. You think it's a career advancement step to piss on our national team? Not if you want a developmental spot at one of our club teams. But ya we can dream on.

Apparently it was the caps that told him it was a great opportunity for development

That surprises absolutely noone if true.

I think it's up to the fans...every time he touches the ball, a vocal minority (that hopefully becomes a majority some day) needs to boo him out of the building.

We're talking abouut a club that had American Sydney Leroux post defection and who has signed Alain Rochat and has trialled Jacob Lensky. I don't see Vancouver doing anything.

Rochat was born in Canada, but to Swiss parents and grew up all his life in Switzerland. One of these things is not like the other

Apparently it was the caps that told him it was a great opportunity for development

I wonder what someone like Jason DeVos thinks about this.  I hope someone in the media rips Whitecaps up a nice one by giving some bad press which will hurt their bottom line (either by attendance and/or sponsors) 

I just don't understand players treating national team duties as an extensions of a pro career. The kid was born and raised in canada. He's never even lived in Chile. Where is the fucking pride in your country? Don't you want to be part of the solution?

Archived