Bryan Cristante

Sam

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, One American said:

He'd probably be a top 5 player in CONCACAF. 

Play a five-man mid. Cristante Arfield and Piette in behind. Put Hoilett and the kid on the flanks. One of the three up top. 

Davies.          Arfield   Cristante          Hoilett 

Hutchinson

OMG that looks so good and SCARY! 

If he and others commit,   USA and Mexico are going to be like OH SHIT! We are going to get embarrassed! Their fans are going to LOSE IT!

Ya that could work, but Hutch doesn't have the legs to run with those speed demons. Davies and Hoilett seem to work well together on the wings, very dangerous. 

With Cristante, can join the attack and he can drop back play a more a defensive midfielder,  he's very  versatile  and he's great on corners. 

My personal view, Hutch is better then Piette, but Piette would be great off the bench to replace Hutch. He doesn't need to play a full game anymore.

12 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Ya that could work, but Hutch doesn't have the legs to run with those speed demons...

My personal view, Hutch is better then Piette, but Piette would be great off the bench to replace Hutch. He doesn't need to play a full game anymore.

Uh, what? Hutch is 34, not 84. He can keep up with just about anyone for 90 minutes.

I have to agree. Adding Cristante would gift us one of the best midfield in CONCACAF. (Arfield, Cristante, Piette, Hoilett, Davies, Hutchinson)

With rumors of Larin going to Besiktas for much needed polishing and Cavallini keep growing in MExico, the next cycle is looking very promising. Jackson-Hamel off the bench for late game energy!and DRUMS: Liam Miller!

At the back adding Cordova, Gutierrez and Ferreira...

Anyone else getting excited?

1 hour ago, SpecialK said:

Davies.          Arfield   Cristante          Hoilett 

Hutchinson

OMG that looks so good and SCARY! 

If he and others commit,   USA and Mexico are going to be like OH SHIT! We are going to get embarrassed! Their fans are going to LOSE IT!

yeeeeeeeeeee they're getting embarassed 

------------------------Borjan--------------

Cordova-Ferriera-Vitoria-Gutierrez-------------------------------------------Hutchinson------------------------------------------------------------Christante---Arfield-----------------------------------------Davies--------------------------------Hoilett---------------------------------------Larin / Cavallini------------

17 minutes ago, Obinna said:

------------------------Borjan--------------

Cordova-Ferriera-Vitoria-Gutierrez-------------------------------------------Hutchinson------------------------------------------------------------Christante---Arfield-----------------------------------------Davies--------------------------------Hoilett---------------------------------------Larin / Cavallini------------

our left side is going to be packed!

1 hour ago, El Hombre said:

Sure, he just captained a team to a Champions League win, but you don't really think he could keep up with the likes of El Salvador or Trinidad and Tobago, do you?

I can't tell if this is sarcasm? Yes, a guy who keeps up with Porto shouldn't have a problem against those sides.. at all.

Also, no cristante isn't a top 5 player in concacaf and we aren't embarrassing the USA or Mexico by adding him.  Let's keep expectations reasonable.

3 hours ago, Keegan said:

I can't tell if this is sarcasm?

How on earth could it not be sarcasm? Do you really think the most sarcastic poster on this forum believes El Salvador and Trinidad and Tobago play at a higher level than the UEFA Champions League?

3 hours ago, Keegan said:

I can't tell if this is sarcasm? Yes, a guy who keeps up with Porto shouldn't have a problem against those sides.. at all.

Also, no cristante isn't a top 5 player in concacaf and we aren't embarrassing the USA or Mexico by adding him.  Let's keep expectations reasonable.

I agree that we aren't embarrassing Mex or USA by adding Cristante and to keep expectations reasonable but Cristante would be top 5 in Concacaf in his position.

5 hours ago, Ansem said:

I have to agree. Adding Cristante would gift us one of the best midfield in CONCACAF. (Arfield, Cristante, Piette, Hoilett, Davies, Hutchinson)

With rumors of Larin going to Besiktas for much needed polishing and Cavallini keep growing in MExico, the next cycle is looking very promising. Jackson-Hamel off the bench for late game energy!and DRUMS: Liam Miller!

At the back adding Cordova, Gutierrez and Ferreira...

Anyone else getting excited?

Still not sold on those two being our best options but would just love the depth we'd get.

Even considering him for top 5 player in CONCACAF is a joke. He's a player that has been loaned out of Benfica for playing time. Mexico has 5 players starting for Porto or Benfica. Cristante might be top 25.

I don't understand the need to instantly compare our players favourably to other players in CONCACAF. The "Davies might be as good as Pulisic" posts during the Gold Cup nearly gave me an aneurysm.

Archived