Bryan Cristante

Sam

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

When they announced the friendly whenever that was.

Just heard the presser with Reed (that man cannot talk). Seems shut with 6 unless they're pulling off some kind of surprise 7th game. Also makes the CSA look somewhat wasteful for the Curacao game. Hope the November window is used for non-neutral game.

6 minutes ago, matty said:

Just heard the presser with Reed (that man cannot talk). Seems shut with 6 unless they're pulling off some kind of surprise 7th game. Also makes the CSA look wasteful for the Curacao game. Hope the November window is used for non-neutral game.

Well on Wikipedia they are playing  El Salvador oct 8 in  Houston ( that might change ) 

46 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Oh my  favourite person on here, you should start saving 

oh so you do understand the concept of sarcasm

Sounds like Tabla is not going to commit, which I expected, but Christante and especially Ferreira sound particularly positive.

Ferreira is open to committing if the "conditions are right". That is very ambiguous but certainly better than "I'm keeping my options open". Nothing about Portugal, so that is good news.

He is still injured for now though.

I think he'll commit before Christante.

7 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Sounds like Tabla is not going to commit, which I expected, but Christante and especially Ferreira sound particularly positive.

Ferreira is open to committing if the "conditions are right". That is very ambiguous but certainly better than "I'm keeping my options open". Nothing about Portugal, so that is good news.

Anyone wonder if the "condition" is Canada being awarded the 2026 World Cup?

37 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Anyone wonder if the "condition" is Canada being awarded the 2026 World Cup?

Never crossed my mind. It could be, but I don't think so.

I believe he is talking about conditions in regards to his club situation. He is probably evaluating how become a Canadian international will impact his situation at Braga.

To that end, it was mentioned that both clubs (Atalanta and Braga) are supportive of the dialogue their players are having with Zambrano, so perhaps it's a matter of first getting fit and then seeing how he fits back into Braga. Then it's probably a matter of weighing out the pros and cons of international duty.

The key take away for me is that he doesn't seem to be holding out for Portugal (And rightly so, he is pretty far down the pecking order).

I wonder if Gio would be able/willing to reach out on our behalf.   Im not sure how influential it would be, but can't hurt to have a other Italian player say some positive things about us, and I believe Oz has been at a lot if TFC games so they probably know each other.

The conditions these players are waiting for must either be a big name friendly (England) or is being announced as WC hosts.  Hopefully it's the former so we can get at least one in the fold before wcq 2022 starts... I love Hoilett but he should have committed at the end of his 14-15 season, not just before we started key qualifiers.  Ditto for Vitoria.

47 minutes ago, Keegan said:

The conditions these players are waiting for must either be a big name friendly (England)

I'm sure the opponents we face in the soon to be 2-3 friendlies we play a year matters to fence sitters.

23 hours ago, Obinna said:

Good to hear he thinks he's making progress re: Ferreira and Christante, but I really like the straight talk about Tabla. He extends the hand to him, but also doesn't hide from, sugar coat or make excuses for the fact he's holding out on us. I think this puts a little pressure on him too, and I think it's a good approach.

On 7/26/2017 at 8:53 PM, masster said:

Goal for Cristante in a preseason match against Lille. Based on the lineup, seems like he is penciled in as a starter for this season.

http://www.football-italia.net/106360/atalanta-see-lille

That goal looks like it went off his arm (maybe his shoulder):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xof5zr-Ueao

On 8/2/2017 at 1:01 PM, masster said:

Another start for Cristante in a high profile preseason match as Atalanta beat Borussia Dortmund 1-0.
http://www.football-italia.net/107030/atalanta-beat-borussia-dortmund

Let's not overhype this - many key Dortmund players were missing.

His goal this past weekend:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pls3GEitPCY

He only scores headers!

Just now, Keegan said:

The conditions these players are waiting for...

You know he said this only a few weeks ago:

http://www.ilgiorno.it/bergamo/atalanta/cristante-intervista-1.3321827

This remains about him making or (most likely)not making the Italy senior squad.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched 15 minutes of the game in the first half, sneaked it in during lunchtime, and thinking, not impressed by Atalanta or Cristante at all, saw him slip badly on a long pass attempt.

Check the score again 30 minutes later, and I see he's got a goal with Atalanta up 3-0 lol. Anybody who's watching the game in full, Everton was all over them away in the first 25 minutes, no? I just saw the three goals on the phone.

Anyways, good for him :) Could definitely see him as an Arfield-level player, based on everything I've read about him so far.

38 minutes ago, ironcub14 said:

I watched 15 minutes of the game in the first half, sneaked it in during lunchtime, and thinking, not impressed by Atalanta or Cristante at all, saw him slip badly on a long pass attempt.

Check the score again 30 minutes later, and I see he's got a goal with Atalanta up 3-0 lol. Anybody who's watching the game in full, Everton was all over them away in the first 25 minutes, no? I just saw the three goals on the phone.

Anyways, good for him :) Could definitely see him as an Arfield-level player, based on everything I've read about him so far.

Buddy starting on a mid-table Serie A team. He is already at if not passed Arfield's level

59 minutes ago, canta15 said:

Buddy starting on a mid-table Serie A team. He is already at if not passed Arfield's level

That's some good logical reasoning right there :D

Respect to Atalanta no doubt, one of my colleagues who's Italian and a Serie A fanatic hyped them and Cristante up for me all year last season.

Archived