Bryan Cristante

Sam

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Cristante started the home match for Atalanta against Milan on Saturday. This was a battle of 5th versus 6th in the table and had serious implications on European positions for next season. This was also a special match for Cristante as he was playing against his old club. The Italian national team technical staff was in attendance as both Ventura and Di Biagio were at the game

He played in a much higher central midfield position, almost as a withdrawn striker. He didn't have many touches in the first half but there was one fantastic pass over the top to set up Atalanta's best chance. He was more involved in the second half. He subbed out in the 84th with Atalanta leading 1-0. Milan tied the match 3 minutes later and it ended in a 1-1 draw. The result guarantees that Atalanta will be playing European football next season for the first time in more than 25 years. 1 point in their final 2 matches will ensure that Atalanta finishes ahead of Milan in 5th place, which will match their highest ever Serie A finish.

There were celebrations throughout Bergamo after the match:
https://twitter.com/Atalanta_BC/status/863523345018630146/video/1

Overall, this was one of the better games I have seen Cristante play. He got a good 6.5 rating from Eurosport, La Repubblica, Calciomercato, and Sky.

On a side note, Atalanta's stadium does not meet Uefa standards, so they will have to play their European games in another city. Just this week, the club bought their stadium from the city council with the goal of making improvements and increasing revenue, but those will not be done for next season. 

The clubs for the midfielders on Italy's most recent callup: 

Inter, Inter, PSG, Roma, Lazio.

Italy MFs called recently but not to that game include players for (from Wiki):

Juve, Juve, AC, AC, Roma, Napoli, Napoli, PSG 

Young Italy MFs on those lists play at:

Inter, PSG, Juve, Roma, Napoli, Fiorentina, Torino

Plus the guys ahead of him on the U23/U21 team. Only one of those guys is included above.. 

So I wouldn't get too worried. 

6 hours ago, masster said:

You realize that Atalanta finished ahead of Inter, Fiorentina, Milan and Torino in the table, right?

You're a follower of Italian football so i'm curious whether you think Atalanta has a chance of finishing in the top half again next season, especially if they play in Europe.

56 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

You're a follower of Italian football so i'm curious whether you think Atalanta has a chance of finishing in the top half again next season, especially if they play in Europe.

It's always hard to replicate a performance like that for a weaker team. The Europa League won't help either. Sassuolo and Sampdoria did it the last 2 years and have finished in the bottom half of the table a year after.

Although, 3 years ago, Torino qualified for the Europa League and finished 9th the following season

I searched "Bryan Christante Canada" on google news and saw and Italian article from 3 days ago...I tried to click on it but it redirected me to the English homepage. I did the same search again and found the cached version and used the google translate:

This could be important!

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:YTvX5jlQIP0J:www.goal.com/it/notizie/cristante-visionato-dal-ct-del-canada-ha-la-doppia/123xmc1xy1lzw1k5znuvnmc54n+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

Cristante viewed by the coach of Canada has dual nationality

Drafting Goal Italian

05/13/17 Share Close Comments

Getty Images

During the match between Atalanta and AC Milan, the stadium appeared Octavio Zambrano, coach of Canada. The goal is Bryan Cristante.

After a few dull seasons, between Benfica and Pescara, Bryan Cristante is back on the old levels under the wise management of Gian Piero Gasperini. The Italian midfielder has benefited from the favorable moment of ' Atalanta and fits cleanly on the chessboard Bergamo. 

Besides the three goals he scored from January onwards, a clear sign of the growth of Cristante is the fact that during the game against Milan, between the stands of the stadium Atleti Azzurri of Italy, is  Octavio Zambrano , coach of Canada .

"But it's not Italian?" - you may think you - Yes, but not completely. That is, Cristante was born in Italy in San Vito al Tagliamento but the father is Canadian, so the Atalanta player has dual nationality.

He did the whole chain of youth national teams with the national team but had not yet made his debut with the greater, it is also convocabile with Canada. As long as he wants. Meanwhile Zambrano flew to Bergamo just to watch him and talk to him. I wonder if Cristante accept the proposal.

1 hour ago, bwilly11 said:

I searched "Bryan Christante Canada" on google news and saw and Italian article from 3 days ago...I tried to click on it but it redirected me to the English homepage. I did the same search again and found the cached version and used the google translate:

This could be important!

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:YTvX5jlQIP0J:www.goal.com/it/notizie/cristante-visionato-dal-ct-del-canada-ha-la-doppia/123xmc1xy1lzw1k5znuvnmc54n+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

Drafting Goal Italian

Getty Images

During the match between Atalanta and AC Milan, the stadium appeared Octavio Zambrano, coach of Canada. The goal is Bryan Cristante.

After a few dull seasons, between Benfica and Pescara, Bryan Cristante is back on the old levels under the wise management of Gian Piero Gasperini. The Italian midfielder has benefited from the favorable moment of ' Atalanta and fits cleanly on the chessboard Bergamo. 

Besides the three goals he scored from January onwards, a clear sign of the growth of Cristante is the fact that during the game against Milan, between the stands of the stadium Atleti Azzurri of Italy, is  Octavio Zambrano , coach of Canada .

"But it's not Italian?" - you may think you - Yes, but not completely. That is, Cristante was born in Italy in San Vito al Tagliamento but the father is Canadian, so the Atalanta player has dual nationality.

He did the whole chain of youth national teams with the national team but had not yet made his debut with the greater, it is also convocabile with Canada. As long as he wants. Meanwhile Zambrano flew to Bergamo just to watch him and talk to him. I wonder if Cristante accept the proposal.

Great find! He'd be a massive addition, particularly with Hutchinson's status unknown.

28 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Great find! He'd be a massive addition, particularly with Hutchinson's status unknown.

Has me wondering if Hutchinson sees all this quality potentially coming in...the he stretches out his intl career. 

5 hours ago, jpg75 said:

It really depends on how many of their top players they lose.

Gagliardini already went to Inter in January. News today has Kessie going to Milan. Caldara was sold to Juventus but will stay at Atalanta on loan. Papu Gomez has said he will stay unless he receives a crazy offer. There is interest in Andrea Conti. Atalanta will have some money to spend too. I'm sure they will want to keep as much of the team together as possible.

They should have enough young talent left to have a shot at the top 10. There are 7 teams that should be superior (Juventus, Napoli, Roma, Inter, Milan, Lazio, Fiorentina). The middle tier is Torino, Sampdoria, Sassuolo. Depending what they look like at the end of the transfer market, they could be in that group.

Edit: It may be a taller task then I thought. I didn't realize how many of the Atalanta players are just on loan. They are bringing in Andreas Cornelius from FC Copenhagen, and as I mentioned, they have more money to spend. But we'll have to see what the squad looks like in August before having a real sense of what their chances are next season. 

9 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

He is still VERY far from a senior call up. He IS close to another U-21 call up though. I bet he will chose Canada in the end.

Wait, what?  Isn't he already 22 years old???

11 minutes ago, Addona said:

Wait, what?  Isn't he already 22 years old???

Its called U21 but that is the age you have to be when the cycle starts. Anybody born on or after January 1st 1994 is eligible for the UEFA U21 Championships taking place in Poland in June. Cristante was born in 1995. So he is a possibility for that team.

4 hours ago, bwilly11 said:

This could be important!

Drafting Goal Italian

Getty Images

Wow, Well done! Posts like this are what make this board so exciting.

The difference to this recruiting process from years past is that we now actually have a guarantee of a World Cup in our hand.  It's no longer "hey, join us and maybe we can qualify" but "hey, we are hosting the 2026 World Cup.. now would be a good time to get on board".

Cristante is ambitious at this point seeing as he still has time with Italy U21s but it's worth a shot.

Even guys like Cristian Gutierrez and Ferdi Kadioglu though both young would be worth a shot at this point.  

15 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Ferdi Kadioglu is a new one for me, whats his connection to Canada?  

Canadian mother i believe. He's a Dutch youth international, but if that doesn't work out he'll probably play for Turkey - which is where his Dad is from.

On 2017-5-17 at 10:07 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

It seems like they will extend Cristante's loan into next year. So 18 months it is! http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a/tmw-radio-riso-petagna-sara-tra-i-top-su-caldara-cristante-e-sensi-971834

Good for him. Bad for this forum which is now gonna be watching how he does in the Europa League and paranoid Italy will call him (they likely won't but that won't stop people from being scared we've lost him)

Archived