Karl Ouimette

Dub Narcotic

40 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

If the dickhead isn't suspended for at least 6 months, something is seriously wrong at USL headquarters. 

I thought the same. FIFA usually don't have any tolerance for this kind of violence. I don't have any specific example that comes in mind but I'm sure everybody saw before, in the news, players getting suspended a few months for this kind of aggression.

10 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Good for Ouimette!

Strange thing is, Parkes never says sorry to Ouimette on twitter only to: "my fans, the league and my teammates as well as the New York Red Bulls to accept my sincere apology."

1 hour ago, El Hombre said:

That's because he's not sorry: "Despite the continous altercation throughout the game my further action..." implies that he thinks Karl is partly to blame because of what happened during the game.

That's a bullshit apology written by someone who was told to write something.

Yeah, I got that sense as well.

How much did Keane get when he stomped Haland? 3 Games? And another 5 game suspension when he admitted he did it for revenge.  This was clear cut and he had some time to think about it as Ouimette walked off.  5-8 games at least for a suspension.  Cant let this go lightly.  

2 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

How much did Keane get when he stomped Haland? 3 Games? And another 5 game suspension when he admitted he did it for revenge.  This was clear cut and he had some time to think about it as Ouimette walked off.  5-8 games at least for a suspension.  Cant let this go lightly.  

The difference being that what Keane did was in the middle of the play.  With a play stoppage, the player/spine targeted from behind I'm expecting a 15 game suspension on top of the 1 he gets for the red.  Wouldn't be surprised to see him suspended for the rest of the season though.  

3 hours ago, El Hombre said:

That's because he's not sorry: "Despite the continous altercation throughout the game my further action..." implies that he thinks Karl is partly to blame because of what happened during the game.

That's a bullshit apology written by someone who was told to write something.

Bingo

Good to see a few people hear who have the right proportion of the act, not knowing disciplinary rules in NASL in any case. That was very likely in the "deliberate agression" category, maybe exacerbated by "ball not in play", and most leagues would be talking about 4-12 games depending on severity and consequences. Since Karl seems to be fine, I bet they split it and give him 8 games. Then Riverhounds may appeal to reduce it.

For purely political reasons you are not going to see the league anywhere near what some of you are saying.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

11 minutes ago, Macksam said:

Our boy got sent down to the USL? That kick to the spine is something else. That was certainly no dust up between old friends.

Yes, he was doing well to get minutes with the first team...so for Karl to get sent down to the reserves, well it was literally a kick in the spine for him.

4 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Good to see a few people hear who have the right proportion of the act, not knowing disciplinary rules in NASL in any case. That was very likely in the "deliberate agression" category, maybe exacerbated by "ball not in play", and most leagues would be talking about 4-12 games depending on severity and consequences. Since Karl seems to be fine, I bet they split it and give him 8 games. Then Riverhounds may appeal to reduce it.

For purely political reasons you are not going to see the league anywhere near what some of you are saying.

Aren't you a Barca fan? Luis Suarez wasn't allowed to step foot in a stadium for 4 months for biting a guy. This was a lot worse than that bite in my opinion. Past actions probably played a big part in that, but he also wasn't signed on a free like Parkes likely was. 

2 hours ago, AvroArrow said:

Does anyone know what "altercations" lead to the kick in the back?  I'm not saying it was at all deserved, but I'm trying to get some context on what could make a player do something insane like that.

When these teams met two weeks ago, Ouimette appeared to intentionally elbow one of Parkes' teammates in the head while he was falling. The Pittsburgh coach was furious, and one Pittsburgh player jokingly commented to the media that they had placed a "bounty" on Ouimette's head. The rest as they say is history.

(citation needed)

19 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

No criminal charges would be laid for that kick and those physical consequences in Europe, where do you come up with such silliness? 

You  eally are a wanna-be know it all message board moron sometimes. Do five minutes of googling. Here's an old article. Many examples since. Accountability is on the rise. http://www.theguardian.com/football/2006/jan/18/theknowledge.sport

9 hours ago, BCM1555362349 said:

You  eally are a wanna-be know it all message board moron sometimes. Do five minutes of googling. Here's an old article. Many examples since. Accountability is on the rise. http://www.theguardian.com/football/2006/jan/18/theknowledge.sport

No need to insult (unless it is because you have no arguments to offer) and no need to use one single case, or a couple, all total exceptions, to disprove what everyone knows: 99.9 of cases like that are left on the field and with the governing FA.

If you want to make a case for one in a thousand, put your money on the table, I bet it is even less than that.

I find it hilarious that a bunch of Canadians are going to cry about that incident as if it were a capital crime when we all grew up getting cheap shots, often way worse (any deliberate high stick or poke to the head in hockey is worse than that), in a certain other sport and shut up, buttoned up, and lived with it. Our parents usually did not even find out about the worst of them. You guys are being embarrassing: you don't know the rules, don't know how they are applied, and are soft as stink.

58 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

No need to insult (unless it is because you have no arguments to offer) and no need to use one single case, or a couple, all total exceptions, to disprove what everyone knows: 99.9 of cases like that are left on the field and with the governing FA.

If you want to make a case for one in a thousand, put your money on the table, I bet it is even less than that.

I find it hilarious that a bunch of Canadians are going to cry about that incident as if it were a capital crime when we all grew up getting cheap shots, often way worse (any deliberate high stick or poke to the head in hockey is worse than that), in a certain other sport and shut up, buttoned up, and lived with it. Our parents usually did not even find out about the worst of them. You guys are being embarrassing: you don't know the rules, don't know how they are applied, and are soft as stink.

I know the law and I know that this kind of kick in the back of another person is an assault. Thank you.

Criminal charges coming into sports seems to be something that is happening more often and it often seems to be based on whether or not the action being dealt with would be considered a normal part of the game that everyone knows could cause an injury.

So a soccer player gets injured due to a slide tackle = an unfortunate event and is dealt with by the rules of the game.  Slide tackles are an accepted part of soccer and a player acknowledges that risk when they step on the field.  However, if a player leaves the field, picks up a stick, and beats another player with it = assault because this goes beyond the scope of a normal soccer game action.  The question then is:  Does getting drop kicked in the back constitutue a "normal soccer play"?  I think most people would agree that it is not, and when that happens, you are leaving yourself in the hands of the local police and hoping that they have a "boys will be boys" policy when it comes to things like this.

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Uhhh I would take a high stick any day over an unsuspecting dropkick to my back.  We are comparing something that stings for a few minutes to something that could have put a guy in a chair.

Unless we are talking a Duncan Keith slash to the face from a month back.  That was criminal but very, very rare to see.  

Edited by Keegan

I see USL doesn't understand the rules either.  They suspended Parkes for the rest of the season.  

On 5/8/2016 at 0:41 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

1 hour ago, canucklefan said:

Please stop quoting UT. the ignore option is useless if you keep quoting his every post. and he still wants to insult people and pick some forum fights. 

Forum fights are the reason why I come here.

TBH, UT can be a solid contributor if he can stay away from his condescending tone. But it's been like that for years so I don't have much hope it will change.

Hate to interrupt this thread with some actual news, but USL suspended Romeo Parkes for the duration of the 2016 USL season and playoffs today, in addition to his contract being terminated. 

http://www.uslsoccer.com/news_article/show/646599?referrer_id=2333971

And now we can go back to talking about how Karl Ouimette is not an MLS calibre CB and NYRB should drop him at the end of the year and the Fury should pick him up and Floro is an idiot for selecting him to camps over and over. Or something.