Karl Ouimette

Dub Narcotic

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

Sounds good, but I posted about Parkes being suspended earlier. scroll up.  So any good news on Ouimette, is he going to miss any games? So nothing serious?  

He's going to miss the next game, that's for sure. 

On May 9, 2016 at 8:08 PM, Scottie said:

When these teams met two weeks ago, Ouimette appeared to intentionally elbow one of Parkes' teammates in the head while he was falling. The Pittsburgh coach was furious, and one Pittsburgh player jokingly commented to the media that they had placed a "bounty" on Ouimette's head. The rest as they say is history.

(citation needed)

So I take it Parkes collected on the bounty from the pool although not so sure if that's enough to last him the rest of his life let alone pay his legal fees for assault causing grievous bodily harm. Good job dingus. 

On 9 May 2016 at 5:34 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

No need to insult (unless it is because you have no arguments to offer) and no need to use one single case, or a couple, all total exceptions, to disprove what everyone knows: 99.9 of cases like that are left on the field and with the governing FA.

If you want to make a case for one in a thousand, put your money on the table, I bet it is even less than that.

I find it hilarious that a bunch of Canadians are going to cry about that incident as if it were a capital crime when we all grew up getting cheap shots, often way worse (any deliberate high stick or poke to the head in hockey is worse than that), in a certain other sport and shut up, buttoned up, and lived with it. Our parents usually did not even find out about the worst of them. You guys are being embarrassing: you don't know the rules, don't know how they are applied, and are soft as stink.

When I was 12 we played a youth cup game against our hated rivals (I'm talking majorly small time but we hated those wankers) and the ref gave us a penalty and also denied them one which incensed their lot. Ref blows for full time and we are all celebrating getting to a cup final, while a parent from their team flies on the pitch and basically does what Parkes just did. He runs away and was on the run for like 3 days before he got arrested. The ref was in hospital and had some serious damage done to him. As far as I know the dad got criminal charges for assault. This is so similar and both are absolutely disgusting. I can tell you first hand that this isn't some "soft as stink" reaction it's being justly pissed off that someone assaulted another human being. heres another example:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7553678.stm

this one has a couple new examples too:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1255414/Footballer-jailed-horrific-tackle-left-victim-broken-leg.html

really the thing is usually these injuries happen because someone mistimed a tackle or whatever. The reason these charges are so rare is because the incidents themselves are rare. I mean honestly when did you last hear of a player fly kicking an opponent? To disregard BCM's post because he provided one example (which itself covered several) is a bit odd. How many examples does it take? And keep in mind these ones are all just in Britain where ive read someone say we are too lenient on physical play anyway.

Also despite your protests that no one here knows the rules and will be shocked when we see the length of the ban, he got essentially 20 games plus playoffs if his team were to make it. So there is also you being way off on that

To the bolded, no need to insult (unless it is because you have no arguments to offer)

Edited by Brethers8

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

http://www.thereggaeboyz.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/169650/page/1/fpart/8

Some Jamaican fans discussing whether or not Karl used the 'N' word.... Claims appear to not be based on any evidence whatsoever.

Edit: I also see that Soccerpro has already gotten in to defend Karl - a true Voyageur right there.

He definitely says something that sets Parkes off. You clearly see Parkes say something to KO, KO then turns his head and says something, then Parkes snaps and kicks him in the back. In the short clip I saw a bunch NY players move after Parkes but no one really does anything, I think if I were KO's teammate I wouldn't have been able to hold myself back after watching the whole thing unravel. Also Karl must have some wicked cleat marks in his back. 

17 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

He definitely says something that sets Parkes off. You clearly see Parkes say something to KO, KO then turns his head and says something, then Parkes snaps and kicks him in the back. In the short clip I saw a bunch NY players move after Parkes but no one really does anything, I think if I were KO's teammate I wouldn't have been able to hold myself back after watching the whole thing unravel. Also Karl must have some wicked cleat marks in his back. 

I'm not so sure.  I think Ouimette is talking to his teammates in the moment you're talking about, I really don't think he said anything to Parkes after the red.  IMO Parkes was clearly incensed by events that were happening throughout the match as he put in his twitter post.  

2 hours ago, Keegan said:

I'm not so sure.  I think Ouimette is talking to his teammates in the moment you're talking about, I really don't think he said anything to Parkes after the red.  IMO Parkes was clearly incensed by events that were happening throughout the match as he put in his twitter post.  

To me it looked like Parkes was talking to the ref, then heard KO say something, then turned towards KO and tilted his head as if to ask "What did you just say?" then KO turns his head, says something else and then Parkes snaps. That's my interpretation.

4 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

To me it looked like Parkes was talking to the ref, then heard KO say something, then turned towards KO and tilted his head as if to ask "What did you just say?" then KO turns his head, says something else and then Parkes snaps. That's my interpretation.

Wow that is an amazing amount of speculation that does not even seem to be based on what the video shows. No one can know what is said but from what I see Parkes is mouthing off to everyone, ref and Ouimette and then just loses it. Hard to tell whether Ouimette says anything or not, he looks back and briefly opens his mouth but mostly just seems to want to leave and be done with the confrontation. It doesn't seem like Ouimette is even partly to blame for what happens at this moment although we do not know what happened throughout the game. What I see is a player having a mental meltdown and assaulting Ouimette.

Ouimette has been suspended 3 games by USL. Apparently he and Parkes were punching each other (had to have been off camera)

USL responded to

Once A Metro's question with a concise and clear description of its ruling, stating that the league's investigation into the matter - most notably, the account of one of the assistant referees at the game in question - had revealed that Ouimette and Parkes had been "punching each other with closed fists - Ouimette initialy and Parkes in retaliation."

http://www.onceametro.com/2016/5/11/11658836/new-york-red-bulls-karl-ouimette-suspended-by-usl-for-three-games-romeo-parkes-kick

THREE games for Ouimette?  What a joke.  Seems like they are punishing Ouimette based on the fact that Romeo Parkes was released.  There is no way that if Parkes didn't snap you get 3 games for off the ball jabs (especially when you already got a red for it).  We're not talking slugs to the face here... 

4 hours ago, Keegan said:

THREE games for Ouimette?  What a joke.  Seems like they are punishing Ouimette based on the fact that Romeo Parkes was released.  There is no way that if Parkes didn't snap you get 3 games for off the ball jabs (especially when you already got a red for it).  We're not talking slugs to the face here... 

Dele Alli. 

On 5/10/2016 at 3:29 PM, BuzzAndSting said:

I've seen the gif zoomed in from the incident, he doesn't actually say anything, he turns his head, his mouth never moves and then he gets cleated in the back. It was all in the reddit thread

6 hours ago, aloyol said:

Since it was off camera it's all on the AR testimony. In a famous incident, fighting on a football pitch did get Dyer and Bowyer a 3 games suspension back in 2005.

... you left out the best part... they were on the same team! lol

Pure gold! Still remember that one!

• 1 month later...