Karl Ouimette

Dub Narcotic

I'd put Tissot and Toia in front of Ouimette. Krol is as good as gone anyway. They've got too many players signed and I believe that Ouimette with a non-guaranteed contract was the one who paid the price, because they have better people who can cover at the Academy than him and that he's not young anymore. I've read: "He's only 22" but his ceiling is not as high as Tissot and he's not knocing on the door to start like Lefèvre is. Ouimette was just judged as the guy who couldn't really be an important piece of the puzzle for 2015. It could also mean that they feel that he needs to be full time with Montréal FC and that they've believed that he would be their main player for that team. Zak  Messoudi and Alessandro Riggi are 2 players who weren't able to do a lot in their first come around as pros, one here, the other in Italy, but they should sign with Montréal FC. I expect the same from Ouimette, but they wanted to see if he was able to make the next step this year and he couldn't.

Tissot was originally a LB but now he's a converted left winger and I think he will play most of the time as a winger. About Lefèvre, from the few games I watched last year, I thought he was awful in CB position (I'd release him before Ouimette) but maybe he could improve with a good CB partner.

I feel like we need to hear from Klopas on this!  What is going on with these defensive players that aren't wanting to show up for the Impact?

In other news, the new defender from Mali was on the radio the other day - sounded like a guy with his head firmly on his shoulders.

There's got to be more to this story then Ouimette simply not being good enough to play at least for FC Montreal.  Given recent comments made by Impact's owner and a player or two refusing to report to Montreal, I wouldn't take Ouimette being cut because he isn't good enough at face value.   

JGL > Tissot

JGL > Ouimette

And I have no problem with Tissot OR Ouimette.  Just sayin, JGL may not be flashy, but he has the footballing brain of someone ten years older than himself to compensate for it.

Did you watch the u20 tourney? I hope JGL was ill...? Because he was just awful. Not that the rest of the team was much better.

There's got to be more to this story then Ouimette simply not being good enough to play at least for FC Montreal.  

Who has said that? Even Braz has admitted that the Impact is open of bringing him to FC Montreal  I seriously think that Ouimette got waived because he was the most expandable on a team that has right now 32 players sgned. That is what ithere was to it.

Did you watch the u20 tourney? I hope JGL was ill...? Because he was just awful. Not that the rest of the team was much better.

Honestly I couldn't, I was working those hours, but I heard about it.  I'll mitigate the information about his awful play with remembering all the good play for the Impact and some good flashes on the CMNT itself.  So busy this month :(

Edited by madmonte

If they give him 90 minutes they are having a serious look. That's more than I expected. They also have a USL Pro team next year so it might work out for him after all.

Maybe a bit optimistic as they played 4 trialists and an unsigned draft pick. 

Edited by shamrock

I think he's going to stick if he plays decently in pre-season.  He was a guy that Jesse Marsch brought up through the academy and he's still young and cheap.  Plus there's only 25 players on the NYRB roster and they have 1 to 3 spare international spots (depending on if they have 7, 8 or 9 spots.  I don't want to research this too much).

• 2 weeks later...