Karl Ouimette

Dub Narcotic

To me this says that the new CBA will have something to do with Canadian players.  Great news for us because clearly the 3 Canadian clubs aren't getting it done.  If each US team could carry one to two Canadians we could double our content.

Squizz is also hinting that a unattached Canadian may/will be joining a MLS club soon.  My guess is that it will be De Guzman to an American club, he would be a solid pick up for most US clubs but the Canadian clubs are all pretty deep in central midfield.

Squizz is also hinting that a unattached Canadian may/will be joining a MLS club soon.  My guess is that it will be De Guzman to an American club, he would be a solid pick up for most US clubs but the Canadian clubs are all pretty deep in central midfield.

Might be DeRosario. I think that is much more likely considering Julian's desire to play in or around Germany for family reasons.

• 6 months later...

Your general point is sound, there will need to be more roster clarity on these '2' teams at some point. In general, everyone involved is still figuring out how best to use these teams in these early days. Rio Grande Valley, the Dynamo's independently-operated affiliate starting next year, is going to be an interesting experiment.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/red-bulls-ouimette-and-carroll-look-to-fill-defensive-deficit-44588/

HANOVER, N.J. – A U.S. head coach once said “opportunities are born of great adversity.”

In 2015, those opportunities came very early for a certain young homegrown defender. Matt Miazga took the league by storm last year, filling in for the oft-injured Ronald Zubar and making his mark with the New York Red Bulls and the U.S. National Team.

With Miazga’s departure to Chelsea, there is once again opportunity to be had. But whom will take it?

One player that has a shot to step in to a more active role in head coach Jesse Marsch’s club is Karl Ouimette.

“For me, it’s a priority to get my spot on the field this year – be confident, be a leader out there, and get a lot of minutes this year,” Ouimette told EoS after training on Monday. “Matt established himself here, and I want to do the same.”

Ouimette was signed by Marsch as Montreal Impact’s first homegrown player in their inaugural season. When the chance came up to bring Ouimette into the fold in the run up to the 2015 season, Marsch grabbed the young defender.

Since then, Ouimette has been a fixture with the Canadian National team. This season presents a unique situation for the young Canadian defender. With injuries to Ronald Zubar and Damien Perrinelle, along with Miazga’s departure, Ouimette could earn a role on the Starting XI come March 6.

While that possibility exists, Ouimette is not looking that far ahead.

“I just like to think short term.,” he said. “I’m still young and I think I did some good things last year, but it’s all about competing.”

• 1 month later...

Sounds like with both Gideon Baah and Ronald Zubar injured, Ouimette will have his chance at a run of games in the NYRB backline. Have to think this is his shot at becoming an every day CB, especially given then train wreck the NYRB backline has been to start the year.

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/marsch-labels-injuries-to-baah-veron-zubar-significant-46141/

8 minutes ago, shermanator said:

Sounds like with both Gideon Baah and Ronald Zubar injured, Ouimette will have his chance at a run of games in the NYRB backline. Have to think this is his shot at becoming an every day CB, especially given then train wreck the NYRB backline has been to start the year.

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/marsch-labels-injuries-to-baah-veron-zubar-significant-46141/

Gideon Baah has been terrible so far, if Ouimette can play well I think he really has a strong chance at winning the starting position.

1 hour ago, Grizzly said:

Gideon Baah has been terrible so far, if Ouimette can play well I think he really has a strong chance at winning the starting position.

When I saw how poorly NYRB back line has done this year I thought it would be a good spot for Vitoria to get a chance.

49 minutes ago, Complete Homer said:

I haven't seen anything other than the TFC game, I thought he was earning high praise? 

He looked poor against TFC and he was terrible against the Impact. I did not watch the last game but he subbed out with injury at the half with the score 2-1 for Houston and NYRB came back to win 4-3 with Ouimette in the 2nd half. From what I saw in Montreal he did not look like a MLS level player to me.