NEW Mother of all Canadians Abroad

madmonte

as though he is being brought in as one of several defenders, likely to challenge the incumbents of a defense that had the third highest number of goals against last season.

He will be behind Captain Robinson, and Spector, no doubt.

I hate to say it, but he may be watching most of next season from the bench, yet again.

Really think he will be a starting CB for them, good move for him.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

German magazine Kicker reporting that Marcel de Jong has signed a 2 year extension with FC Augsburg of the 1. Bundesliga. He was quoted as saying he looks to earn more playing time and the club is quoted as saying they're pleased with his quality.

German magazine Kicker reporting that Marcel de Jong has signed a 2 year extension with FC Augsburg of the 1. Bundesliga. He was quoted as saying he looks to earn more playing time and the club is quoted as saying they're pleased with his quality.

Club announced it. (See link below) Now we need to see if they will sell left back Matthias Ostrzolek, because that was apparently the reason why Marcel stayed at Augsburg.

http://www.fcaugsburg.de/cms/website.php?sid=7b55a3b914ce87c886b6a66748dbdc92&id=/index/news/allenews/data17777.htm

Dan Manolache (1999 born) 
- Received official invitation from Le Havre (France - Ligue 2) to join club's Formation Centre 
- Family will be moving to France to comply with FIFA Article 19 - "International Transfer involving Minors"

He will be joining their U17 squad for next season.

Adonijah Reid (1999 born) 
- Received official invitation from Olympique Lyonnais (France - Ligue 1) to official youth 3 week trial in September, 2014
- Additionally, Millwall FC (England - Championship) has indicated they will be offering a youth trial

Edit:

Forgot these names too:

Additionally, there are various players (listed below), from ANB Futbol and other local clubs, identified by the visiting professional coaches who they would like to invite for a 2 to 3 week assessment at Troyes AC, pending the club's Academy Director hosting budget approval: 

- Peter Quattrociocchi (1997 born) 
- Mansoor Afzaly (1997 born) 
- Justin Brown (1998 born) 
- Alistair Johnston (1998 born) 
- Alessandro Tansella (1999 born) 
- Gregory Moulopoulos (1999 born) 
- Matthew Rosolen (1999 born - from local GTA club) 

Wiki suggests Daniel Haber has moved to Ayia Napa on loan for the 2014-15 Cypriot season.

There you go.

http://www.apollon.com.cy/news.php?id=8065

I see that Ayia Napa just got promoted to the first division. He needs to play and he wasn't playing at Apollon, so it's good for him. I haven't found a Ayia Napa source though. Although I don't know how to find Haber's name in Greek which would vastly help.

@fussball_eh:

Vukovic has played his last game for Zakynthos in early Januar, according to soccerway. He could be cut (probably) or injured. He's probably trialing somewhere.

Paco Deckers is from Montreal but his parents are Dutch. He must have a Dutch passport or he wouldn't be playing at Heerenveen. They are a club not known for their academy anyway.

Patryk Misik has had two bench appearances for Slask. Not bad for a 19 year old Canadian. My guess is he will debut in this season of the Ekstraklassa. Btw that's the reason the second league is called 1. The Ekstraklassa is placed above the first league (like the Eredivisie above the First Division. And to think of it, in England they even have two leagues above the League One.) So it's not sop strange.

Paco Deckers has dual nationality but is a proud Canadian. Here is a Youtube video of him from a few years ago (it's in Dutch)

Heerenveen was a purchasing club until a few years ago but are heavily relying on the Youth Academy at the moment (as most Dutch clubs are right now). Marco van Basten was their manager last season and played with 6 academy players in the starting XI. Two of their player are brilliant and part of the Dutch U21 team (Hakim Ziyech and Bilal Basacikoglu)

Former FC Edmonton manager and Canadian Dwight Lodeweges has just been appointed as new manager after Van Basten left for AZ and Lodeweges is looking to continue with the academy.

I'm not sure if Deckers is highly rated but we will know soon when the prestigious Otten Cup starts. Heerenveen A1 (=U19) have only played 2 friendlies so far and Deckers played 45 mins against FC Groningen and 30 mins against MSV Duisburg.

Madmonte, is your list up to date or are you in the process of updating? It's getting closer to the European seasons starting and I am getting ready to track again myself :-).

Not fully, but it's fairly close...this is the worst time of year to try actually updating anything, because there is so much misinformation.  I prefer one or two weeks into the start of the European season so as to be able to actually check some game sheets

Question for all you out there. With all the infinite wisdom someone should have an answer. Mods, not sure if tis is the riht forum but there is a reason i'm asking. Why is there no canadians playing in Brazil. Does anyone know if there are work visa restrictions and if

so, why. Any info would be usefull. Thanks

Don't know about restrictions, but Brazil is a soccer crazy country with 200 milion inhabitants. I don't think they are waiting for Canadian soccer players (or from any other nation). Brazil exports more soccer players than any other country in the world.

Archived