NEW Mother of all Canadians Abroad

madmonte

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is actually a great move for him and for us! He gets to spend time living in the country of his birth and we have no worries since he is cap tied to us. That club is one of the best in that country and employ several Costa Rican internationals. Plus they are regulars in the CONCACAF Champions League. Should have little to no problem adapting to the league and I hope he can become a starter quickly so he can gain experience and bring that back to our NT

Very interesting that they make no mention that he's a Canadian international. They refer to him as Costa Rican.

That is actually a great move for him and for us! He gets to spend time living in the country of his birth and we have no worries since he is cap tied to us. That club is one of the best in that country and employ several Costa Rican internationals. Plus they are regulars in the CONCACAF Champions League. Should have little to no problem adapting to the league and I hope he can become a starter quickly so he can gain experience and bring that back to our NT

Very interesting that they make no mention that he's a Canadian international. They refer to him as Costa Rican.

There's a couple interviews.. apparently the media asked him about choosing Canada over Costa Rica

This is absolutely a step up. If he was lighting it up with Valladolid B and on the cusp of joining the first team it would be different. As things were though, he needed game time! He will be playing alongside other internationals in our own region. He will get to play in continental tournaments against MLS and Liga MX teams. I cannot wait for him to get started!

Some low hanging fruit:

http://canadasoccer.com/canada-m17-continues-preparation-for-2015-concacaf-championship-p156704

M- Harry Paton | ENG / Fulham FC U18 Academy

M- Zorhan Bassong | BEL / RSC Anderlecht

M- Luka Gluscevic | SRB / FK Rad Beograd

I'd imagine they're all on U18 teams.  Some interesting players in the U15 ID camps in Burnaby, Montreal and Toronto but too young to list for our purposes.

Looks like Simon Thomas has signed with Newport County in League 2

I'm excited to be back in the @football_league Can't wait to get the season started with @NewportCounty

By the looks of it Thomas will be the second string keeper.

Judging from the Newport County forum it sounds like Thomas is on a short term contract for the injured Jamie Stephens. 

http://www.weareexiles.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34592&sid=f53d93c15d997fb597daafcdd263bace

I think any playing time would be tough as Stephens was recently released from Liverpool and the starter Pidgeley has played for Chelsea. 

Archived