NEW Mother of all Canadians Abroad

madmonte

Damn, he went from getting a taste of 2.Bundesliga to 4th Division Spain. I hope he at least gets to train with the 1st team before the season is out. Maybe get a few La Liga garbage minutes here and there by the end of the year. That is my minimum expectation for him.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn, he went from getting a taste of 2.Bundesliga to 4th Division Spain. I hope he at least gets to train with the 1st team before the season is out. Maybe get a few La Liga garbage minutes here and there by the end of the year. That is my minimum expectation for him.

Piette played 14 minutes in the B2. I do think that a lot of people here expect more from him because of that. He went from one reserve team to another. Also, IIRC, he finished last season in the German Fourth Division.

I may have missed the news, but is Occean officially out of contract, or just out of favour and being shopped around?

This article suggests he is doing the Rob Friend and training separately from the team with another out-of-favour player or two:

http://www.derwesten.de/sport/fussball/msv/enis-hajri-befindet-sich-beim-msv-duisburg-im-probetraining-id9727056.html

Not sure if this has been posted here yet but i found this: http://www.therecord.com/sports-story/4754481-from-kitchener-soccer-club-to-the-world-stage-three-local-players-compete-at-mexican-cup-of-nations/.

A couple of young Canadian kids going to England for training with Arsenal and Fulham.

I can also now confirm ('98) Andrew DaSilva (Bertucci) is training with Roma academy. I will give updates as I hear them.

Feels so nice to mention 3 good sized European clubs attached to three Canadian kids names. Just training yes but... you never know!

There was older news about interest from Saarbruecken in Occean, but he snubbed them at that time (apparently their offer was too low). Great that he found a club but honestly I think he's over his prime and for the MNT his time should be over. No shame in that though.

Piette played 14 minutes in the B2. I do think that a lot of people here expect more from him because of that. He went from one reserve team to another. Also, IIRC, he finished last season in the German Fourth Division.

I still have high expectations about the kid, he's just 19 years old.

You can't tell me a 19 year old player who played 28 games last season for a mid table team in the fourth division, can't get a contract with at least another 4th tier team and probably even a 3rd Liga team in Germany. So either he has a really bad manager, or he was determined to get some deal in Spain (maybe Floro advised him to go there). 

I'm disappointed about the level but if he can establish himself there as an important starter for the team, he can work on his skills and showcase what he's got to offer.

Btw it's funny that on his Twitter account he doesn't mention the fact that he signed for La Coruna's second team…And looking at it like that, the moves seems to be lateral at worse, since Depor is also a second Liga team with Reserves playing at fourth. Yet I think the experience with a completely different way of playing won't hurt his development.

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/soccer/201408/27/01-4794930-un-nouveau-chapitre-espagnol-pour-samuel-piette.php

About Piette. He says there were contacts with a MLS team  (not the Impact) but he preferred a European team (probably Ferrol) which failed to materialize eventually. 

Just throwing a wild guess but I feel like it was Houston.  Dom Kinnear likes Canadians and especially gritty players.

Archived