NEW Mother of all Canadians Abroad

madmonte

Did  Dylan Carreiro move to Arbroath from Dundee FC?

This article has him on Arboath:

http://the11.ca/2015/09/18/the-canadian-way-looking-at-who-didnt-end-up-being-on-our-olympic-roster/

No, the CSA made an error and changed from Arbroath to Dundee. It was the same thing they did for Samuel Piette where it was shown that he was at Deportivo but he has beeen loaned to Racing de Ferrol.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mohamed Amer Aborig has been with Zvolen in the Slovak 2nd division since April.  He has played in 2 games so far during the 2015-16 season.

http://int.soccerway.com/players/mohamed-amer-aborig/401093/

He is listed as a B team player on the official website http://www.mfklokomotivazvolen.sk/hrac.asp?id=Mohamed Amer-Aborig-188&sezona=2016MUZ-B&kategorie=MUZ-B  He has 7 goals so far this season for the B team (4th division)

Apparently, he played for the North York Astros a few seasons ago.  He was born in Libya and has a Canadian passport

http://zpfutbal.webnode.sk/news/mohamed-aborig-v-podbrezovej/

Just curious, is anyone interested in taking over this thread?  I took care of the last big round of updates as best I could, but it is definitely time consuming, and time is something I haven't had a lot of lately.  Had a day kinda off today, (ie only worked 6.5 hours) and it made me realize how very little personal time I've been getting lately....

Yeah Jon that's great.  The only downside is that we'd have to recreate the thread and repin it entirely.  To be honest, you were the guy I had in mind to do it, and to be honest, you certainly wouldn't have to follow my rules on it, you could make your own rules, tracking to whatever tier you want, color code how you want, add in position, whatever you feel like sir. 

I think everyone would be okay with it too :) you certainly do a good job.

Yeah Jon that's great.  The only downside is that we'd have to recreate the thread and repin it entirely.  To be honest, you were the guy I had in mind to do it, and to be honest, you certainly wouldn't have to follow my rules on it, you could make your own rules, tracking to whatever tier you want, color code how you want, add in position, whatever you feel like sir. 

I think everyone would be okay with it too :) you certainly do a good job.

Like I said, I can do it, and would pretty much commit to tracking everybody who is in theory eligible to play for Canada. Once this players commits to another country he gets dropped from the list.

I just want to make sure nobody has any issues with me doing this and doing it my own way.

I want this to continue as an interactive process, as it's much easier to keep tracking with all the excellent work the people on this forum do.

If you have an issue with this, please speak up now.

In a little bit, I will make a new thread (if there are no complaints).

Like I said, I can do it, and would pretty much commit to tracking everybody who is in theory eligible to play for Canada. Once this players commits to another country he gets dropped from the list.

I just want to make sure nobody has any issues with me doing this and doing it my own way.

I want this to continue as an interactive process, as it's much easier to keep tracking with all the excellent work the people on this forum do.

If you have an issue with this, please speak up now.

In a little bit, I will make a new thread (if there are no complaints).

new thread each year.

delete all pointless posts ie "cap him now"

I like the way madmonte has been doing it. I wouldn't want to see high level players who haven't committed on this list. One example is Arfield.

Men and women is a great idea.

Yeah I disagree. If they are eligible I am going to include them. For example, a lot of people didn't want me to include Junior Hoilett and look what happened.

I have always included Junior.  The players I excluded were ones that represented another country previously, without having come to a Canada camp.  For that reason, Aird was on the list till he came to a Camp Poutine.  Bustos was excluded after the Chile camp but was put back on when he came to another Canada camp.  For how much effort I wanted to put in, including players like that opened up a huge can of worms of dozens of others that could be on the list.  And if I were to include Aird before the Canada Camp, Vittoria, etc, then I would have to include all the others.  If Jon wants to do that, it will be his right, it's just more work, and if he's willing to put the work in, more power to him.

One could simply come up with another color code for guys that have more recently represented another nation, but that's assuming that Jon even wants to continue with color coding at all.  I would just lump it in under the green coding.

I simply introduced it to give a better idea of which players were actually clearly in our system, and which players weren't, necessarily.  If you look at the list, Hoilett is still coded blue, but if i were to update, I'd recode him black, simple as that.

Madmonte  - Really appreciate all of the work you have done on this.  Outside the weekly updates, this is the only threat I look forward to updates on.

Jon - great to hear you are taking it over.  

As to comments on changes:

- Change title to reflect that Canadian-based players are being tracked.

- Love the idea of including women.  Although, I have to admit that it will be a lot of work for you as the women seem harder to track than guys playing in Malta.  

- Also, like the suggestion of restarting the list every year.  I just find that comments for 4-years ago are not useful, and 70+ pages of comments is a bit unwieldy.  

- I also support the more inclusive approach.  If they can play for us, why not track them?

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
On 1/15/2018 at 6:16 AM, Toje said:

Andrew Barsalona was recently on trial for a few week with Spanish 4th tier club Real Aviles.  Despite the trial not working out, it is good to see that he is trying to make a go out of it.  He was released by VPS in Finland back in January 2015.

http://realaviles.elcomercio.es/meta-giffard-regresa-20180104001448-ntvo.html

Crazy, I used to play against him. It used to be him and Kyle Bekker in the middle at Oakville.... I rated him much higher than Bekker, crazy how opportunities turn out. 

Archived