Honduras - CANADA 16th Oct. 2012 Game Tread (R) KICK-OFF 4pm ET....1pm PT

canadianfoot

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cavallini looks way better in the short amount of time we've played him. He's the style of player we need, technically efficient, not just track athletes. Jackson and Ricketts just aren't going to get us to any kind of high level, they need to be last ditch options off the bench vs tired opposition. Its really hammered home without OO,Simpson and DeRo how we lack technical players. Even with our defense completely ****ting the bed, I think part of the problem was once it was 1 or 2 nil everyone knew in the back of they're minds we have no offense on this squad.

I wonder if part of our problem isn't just lack of top-line talent but the fact that most of our players (especially in Europe) play secondary roles for their club (even Hutchinson). We don't seem to have someone who can grab a game by the scruff of the neck and give it a good shake.

Well, we are certainly worse than the sum of our parts ... that has to be attributed to terrible coaching.

I've heard this one for years.

Let's step back for a second. These countries like Honduras, Panama, etc... at the very least have the advantage of having professional leagues. They have a lot more professional footballers to choose from. The other thing I would point out is a lot of us don't know much about these teams as we'd like to think. Our analysis is limited to a few players we recognize from the EPL and a few MLS sides.

After continually seeing the same things from our side, I think we have this illusion that we are more talented, when in fact we are not.

Ok, different style of post for this thread. Here's the UPSIDE .... wait for it .... wait for it .... I won't feel as heartbroken after this match because I won't think "we deserved to make the HEX". If we had lost 1-0, I really would've felt that way.

Thats an interesting way to put. Looking at the mens Olympic qualifying tourny we missed out due to a very later equalizer from Cuba. ended up playing mexico instaed and got ousted. I still cant get over that one.

I think they were expecting a foul on the play.

...so Hart's out of a job right? Right??

If any other country than Canada, Hart would've gotten the boot, but the CSA are cheap asses and they'll keep him on till the next Gold Cup most likely. If Hart had dignity, he would've resigned along time ago.

Archived