Honduras - CANADA 16th Oct. 2012 Game Tread (R) KICK-OFF 4pm ET....1pm PT

canadianfoot

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've heard this one for years.

Let's step back for a second. These countries like Honduras, Panama, etc... at the very least have the advantage of having professional leagues. They have a lot more professional footballers to choose from. The other thing I would point out is a lot of us don't know much about these teams as we'd like to think. Our analysis is limited to a few players we recognize from the EPL and a few MLS sides.

After continually seeing the same things from our side, I think we have this illusion that we are more talented, when in fact we are not.

Yes, but something is up here ... we aren't this bad. Our players play, generally, in the same leagues as they do. I mean, Costly couldn't get work in MLS. Bengston is good, but in MLS. Right?

Wow, 6-0 now....I hope it's 10-0, Now, so people now can boycott the CSA and just e-mail the Minister of Sports that this organization running football in this country is getting results like these. Sad, sad day in Canadian Soccer history :( What's the record of worst defeat in history? Are we close?

Why are people getting on the CSA's case? If you want to blame them for appointing Hart, fine. However, some are saying it with regards to the team's long term vision. At least see how the LTAD turns out on the generation after next before blaming the CSA for a lack of vision.

The other thing I would point out is a lot of us don't know much about these teams as we'd like to think. Our analysis is limited to a few players we recognize from the EPL and a few MLS sides.

Not necessarily. We have seen them in concacaf CL and they have proven to be not very good.

After continually seeing the same things from our side, I think we have this illusion that we are more talented, when in fact we are not.

Well this kind of proves the earlier point that someone said, that that is why we dont see more canadians in MLS. By tha i mean the overseas developed ones as opposed to the academy trained and developed ones.

Who's going to start the 2013 Gold Cup roster prediction thread?

I was working on a video to post to youtube after today trying to pump people up for our hex run...the tag line was "The hexagon is on"...so yeah, I'll get to work on that thread as soon as I'm done deleting that, burning my clothes, and sitting in the shower with a bar of soap in my mouth quietly weeping.

That was unexpected. After tying Peru last game, I expected Uruguay to beat Bolivia. The CONMEBOL WCQ has been very interesting this time around.

Not surprising really. Bolivia has a nack for looking like a soccer power, similar to Ecuador, at altitude.

On brighter note, Cavallini has more class and composure than all the other 10 guys combined.

Yes, but something is up here ... we aren't this bad. Our players play, generally, in the same leagues as they do. I mean, Costly couldn't get work in MLS. Bengston is good, but in MLS. Right?

I don't think we're as bad as this scoreline suggests but I think it's time to admit we are less talented. How many attackers do we have who actually play at the level Beengston does? All the guys who we have up top are athletes and little else. He has technical qualities that are rare for guys who play up top for Canada.

I wouldn't take Costly's status in MLS as a que. Contract negotiations are always more complex than they appear, especially with bird rights.

Why are people getting on the CSA's case? If you want to blame them for appointing Hart, fine. However, some are saying it with regards to the team's long term vision. At least see how the LTAD turns out on the generation after next before blaming the CSA for a lack of vision.

Dude, how long as has the CSA Board of Directors been in power in this country? Last time I checked on the V's board, in 2000, almost all the same people from the last decade are still in comfy government positions. We should be like Australia, who blew up there FA way back and now at least they're getting consistent results and getting way more competitive matches than us. I don't think just relying on MLS clubs to succeed and develop our next generation of Nats players, will get us anywhere, as we need a strong FA too. It's been almost 15 years, since we last made a Hex, I think that speaks volumes of the people in charge of the CSA, that havent' been able to have a project plan to make it happen sooner.

I don't think we're as bad as this scoreline suggests but I think it's time to admit we are less talented. How many attackers do we have who actually play at the level Beengston does? All the guys who we have up top are athletes and little else. He has technical qualities that are rare for guys who play up top for Canada.

I wouldn't take Costly's status in MLS as a que. Contract negotiations are always more complex than they appear, especially with bird rights.

Mostly fair. Basically, the players I can name to answer your question are: DeRo and Occean (Simpson ... not really a forward). But Bengston has more goals today than he has in MLS this year.

Archived