Honduras - CANADA 16th Oct. 2012 Game Tread (R) KICK-OFF 4pm ET....1pm PT

canadianfoot

What gave people cause for optimism for this game?

We got ripped apart in Panama, we've only been able to score one goal - which wasn't from the run of play, outside of games with Cuba. One goal! Our one decent striker was unavailable, we were terrible without him last time.

Can people accept that we're not very good now. The hex wouldn't be much better for us.

Sad, but true.

We need to produce more players, better player... Coaching needs improvement as well, but there's not a lot to work with out there.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most telling image for me is not one of our guys is throwing in a bone crushing tackle. If your getting embarrassed, nut megged and beat down at least show some fight and put some of the Honduran's on their ass, show Honduras, your teammates, your fans they can't embarrass your team. Nope they are just letting them waltz around, no ****ing pride.

TFC was eliminated in the 1st week of play.

Man, you sure showed me. I feel so bad getting told about an unrelated non-fact by a guy who can't parse and comprehend basic statements, like for instance that someone saying "this reminds me of..." isn't the same as saying "the is exactly the same as, and equivalent to...". Good work.

This team looks good on paper?

How many players are playing for a decent Euro team? Hutchinson is by far the best player in Canada colours and he's just a Average Joe for PSV.

It has to be said...how terrible this first half has been. Canada have come close to qualifying for the hex this time around. 1 goal at home to Honduras has been the difference between qualifying and being out.

Instead of blaming the manager the focus has to be on developing a national strategy on how you want to play football and teach that to the youngsters. The small time mentality within Canadian football should disappear and there has to be a huge focus on technique training and keeping the ball. You don't deserve to win football games if you continously play like cowards in away games like this. Panama and Honduras aren't exactly world beaters but Canada have already given up before kick-off and start sitting back from the get go.

It's a huge project to develop a national way of playing that is supported by all the youth coaches but it's the only way forward.

The bolded part is bang on. This is all mental; no belief, no courage.

Archived