Honduras - CANADA 16th Oct. 2012 Game Tread (R) KICK-OFF 4pm ET....1pm PT

canadianfoot

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The row boat on the 8th goal.....well I guess we aren't entitled to any respect

The way our guys have represented the red and white today, they could take turns $hitting on the canadian flag in the centre spot, and I don't think we could complain.

If our own guys aren't going to respect the maple leaf why the phuck would others.

Exactly, we are short of World Cup quality players.

I wonder if part of our problem isn't just lack of top-line talent but the fact that most of our players (especially in Europe) play secondary roles for their club (even Hutchinson). We don't seem to have someone who can grab a game by the scruff of the neck and give it a good shake.

Been a while since I've visited this forum. Kind of lost interest in the national team because it felt like our soccer governing body doesn't take it seriously enough to warrant the amount of time and energy it takes to properly support a national team.

Today's result has done nothing to make me think anything has changed. Something has to change because this is embarrassing as a Canadian.

Can't wait to see how the CSA or Hart spins this. Any other country the players would've been pelted with stones or garbage on there arrival back home, but since the General Canadian public isn't soccer mad, it'll be like nothing. I'm sure the Toronto Star will bury the score in the last page under a blurb.

This might seem crazy, but I really wish I could see the looks on the faces of some V's who couldn't watch this game live and just checked the scoreline ... I really think it's plausible that they think it's a typo. Wait, 8-1 ... whhhaaaat? Maybe that 8 was supposed to be a 0?

<shudder> This game actually made me sick to my stomach .. last game to embarrass me this bad .. also soccer, the Canada Chile game U-20.. it's like they sent TFC down there. Why I was so nervous about the first 15 minutes, I thought the bubble would burst and I would see the real team .. but I didn't expect them to roll over and die..

Missed the interview ... what did he say specifically?

Not a lot. Most of the goals in the first half were preventable and he hoped the fans could forgive the players for this performance, fans don't have to forgive him. He also said that he wasn't interested in blaming the players because he is responsible.

Archived