Honduras - CANADA 16th Oct. 2012 Game Tread (R) KICK-OFF 4pm ET....1pm PT

canadianfoot

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is just totally humiliating and devastating for our program. Probably won't see two thirds of our starting lineup in a meaningful game ever again and our chances of high profile recruits gone. We're witnessing the blackest day in modern Canadian soccer history.

If Sweden can do it against Germany, why not us?:confused:

Because we're not even trying to compete. Hutchison with the ball and acres of space in injury time, the midfield was walking up to join the attack.

I've never been so angry with this team. I can't bear to see players quit.

Wow! That was a rough half to follow.

For all the calls for Hart's head, I can't help but think that we simply lack offensive talent/depth and defensive mental toughness.

All future MNT preparations should include two annual trips to Central America, so that our players can get used to the travel, heat, humidity and atmosphere. We looked like children in the Panama game and now this.

This is just totally humiliating and devastating for our program. Probably won't see two thirds of our starting lineup in a meaningful game ever again and our chances of high profile recruits gone. We're witnessing the blackest day in modern Canadian soccer history.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing ... Hutch may very well decide to focus on his club career (and who blame him). DeRo too. And what of JH ... don't think he'll want to play for us, ever. This is bad. Even a 2-0 loss I could've stomached, but this ...

This is atrocious. I'm embarrassed to follow this team. When I talk to people about supporting Canada they look at me and ask why. Why do you like Canada they're terrible, they say. What's worse is that they never watch the team and make that assessment. However, I defend it and proudly support it. To see this display not only puts in to question my sanity but reaffirms those quick judgments around the country. This is a disgrace to Canadians and soccer fans everywhere.

Ok, different style of post for this thread. Here's the UPSIDE .... wait for it .... wait for it .... I won't feel as heartbroken after this match because I won't think "we deserved to make the HEX". If we had lost 1-0, I really would've felt that way.

At least maybe this will serve as a catalyst for some new blood.

To me the undoing of the program was playing the same 16 guys for 4 years leading up to this and then playing the same lineup for every opponent. One striker loses form or you lose a player and the replacement looks so rusty and poor that either destroys the team. Also your opponents have literally no homework to do on your team.

Focus on youth and call up 4 or 5 players at a position over the next 3 years. Build some depth and take the old classic Canadian trot out the same few guys every match for 4 years regardless of form or opponent and closet it. For good this time.

What gave people cause for optimism for this game?

We got ripped apart in Panama, we've only been able to score one goal - which wasn't from the run of play, outside of games with Cuba. One goal! Our one decent striker was unavailable, we were terrible without him last time.

Can people accept that we're not very good now. The hex wouldn't be much better for us.

Ok, different style of post for this thread. Here's the UPSIDE .... wait for it .... wait for it .... I won't feel as heartbroken after this match because I won't think "we deserved to make the HEX". If we had lost 1-0, I really would've felt that way.

The funny thing is that this is true. A 1 goalless would have been something that gnawed at me for a long time. This sad capitulation just leaves me shaking my head. The score line would be comical if it wasn't so goddamned sad.

Archived