2026 WC Bid?

munseahawk

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

Officially is turning into the next literally in terms of misuse that runs counter to its dictionary meaning. Has Morocco been allowed onto the ballot yet? Last I heard there was going to be a second inspection.

Ha ha, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has literally noticed the ridiculous ways that "literally" is used these days! It literally blows my mind. :D

15 hours ago, jpg75 said:

...and this is where we ditch the Americans and go it on our own.

And perhaps offer them a token 10 matches, while of course keeping everything from the quarters and on for ourselves.

Missed this but United bid officials believe Trump's comments are positive

https://www.si.com/soccer/2018/05/02/2026-world-cup-donald-trump-mohamed-salah-real-madrid-fifa

• ...it shows that the White House wants to host the World Cup and will work with FIFA's requirements on allowing visas to foreigners coming to the U.S. for the tournament. While the official said they would prefer Trump not threaten other countries, they like the fact that he’s engaged and that he brought up the World Cup bid in Monday's press conference with the Nigerian head of state. 

While I was doing some research on GrassMaster (with the news that BMO is considering installing it next year) I discovered PlayMaster by Tarkett Sports (same folk as GrassMaster)

I'm not totally sure yet what the product actually is or it's application but was just throwing it out there to see if anyone can think of a use for it in Canada if we succeed with the bid.

It might serve no use at all, in our case, I was just wondering.

12 hours ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

While I was doing some research on GrassMaster (with the news that BMO is considering installing it next year) I discovered PlayMaster by Tarkett Sports (same folk as GrassMaster)

I'm not totally sure yet what the product actually is or it's application but was just throwing it out there to see if anyone can think of a use for it in Canada if we succeed with the bid.

It might serve no use at all, in our case, I was just wondering.

It's all part of the TRUMP/KEYSTONE-PIPELINE deal to get World Cup matches in Vancouver.

• 3 weeks later...

FIFA to announce the results of the inspections on May 29. Morocco failing the inspection is really our only hope of hosting. As of Duane Rollins' last Tweet in his vote tracking thread, Morocco lead the count by 74-49.

5 hours ago, Jith12 said:

FIFA to announce the results of the inspections on May 29. Morocco failing the inspection is really our only hope of hosting. As of Duane Rollins' last Tweet in his vote tracking thread, Morocco lead the count by 74-49.

To be honest I wouldn’t mind if Morocco won it. While I wanted Canada to have it as much as anything I didn’t like how the games were dealt out between the nations with it being completely unfair to us and Mexico. 

2 hours ago, SkuseisLoose said:

To be honest I wouldn’t mind if Morocco won it. While I wanted Canada to have it as much as anything I didn’t like how the games were dealt out between the nations with it being completely unfair to us and Mexico. 

Exactly....I rather a sole bid when the time is right. Tired of the piggy backing off the US for everything. 

If Morocco can run by themselves, then so should we!

On 5/24/2018 at 9:35 PM, Jahinho Guerro said:

Exactly....I rather a sole bid when the time is right. Tired of the piggy backing off the US for everything. 

It’s nice when your young you have time on your side but when your old time is not on your side so waiting for another bid so that you can see a World Cup in your own country does not work for me so here is going for 2026.

Gawd, dumb and dumber be FIFA. Morocco's ridiculous Ptomikin villages could actually win the vote in 2 weeks! Not that the United bid is all that great. 

" "enforceable government guarantees".... oh alright then, sorry to quesiton you on that.

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 6:35 PM, Jahinho Guerro said:

More that Canada and Mexico are being used as props for this bid.

I haven't been following this topic much, so I don't know if it has been discussed or not.  There are countries whose citizens are pretty much banned from entering the USA.  What happens if any of those countries qualify for the World Cup?  I don't see FIFA being happy about the fans (and maybe the players) not being allowed to attend the matches.  Perhaps Canada and Mexico are there to host games involving those countries, so that FIFA doesn't end up with egg on its face.

6 hours ago, rkomar said:

I haven't been following this topic much, so I don't know if it has been discussed or not.  There are countries whose citizens are pretty much banned from entering the USA.  What happens if any of those countries qualify for the World Cup?  I don't see FIFA being happy about the fans (and maybe the players) not being allowed to attend the matches.  Perhaps Canada and Mexico are there to host games involving those countries, so that FIFA doesn't end up with egg on its face.

Don't think the Donald will be Prez in 2026

Archived