Tosaint Ricketts

Obinna

11 hours ago, yothat said:

pretty sure he trialed with tfc right out of university

Maybe you're confusing Rohan Ricketts -of England- with Tosaint?

Tosaint was a top sprinter in Alberta at the high school level. I don't know if he played for a youth league in Alberta around then or before he went to Wisconsin, but he most likely played on his high school soccer team at the very least.

3 hours ago, Pqhbv said:

Maybe you're confusing Rohan Ricketts -of England- with Tosaint?

Tosaint was a top sprinter in Alberta at the high school level. I don't know if he played for a youth league in Alberta around then or before he went to Wisconsin, but he most likely played on his high school soccer team at the very least.

Ricketts played lots of youth soccer in Edmonton. He was part of the provincial team and also in the CSA regional training centre from about 15 years of age. 

• 2 weeks later...

Latest update from John Molinaro, Ricketts is training with TFC II. TFC have interest in him but the salary cap is preventing them from signing him. If they can free up cap space, they may sign him later in the year. Have to think he would look great in an Eddies uniform.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/toronto-fc-tfc-mls-major-league-soccer-dc-united-justin-morrow/

33 minutes ago, shermanator said:

Latest update from John Molinaro, Ricketts is training with TFC II. TFC have interest in him but the salary cap is preventing them from signing him. If they can free up cap space, they may sign him later in the year. Have to think he would look great in an Eddies uniform.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/toronto-fc-tfc-mls-major-league-soccer-dc-united-justin-morrow/

what kind of salary would he be looking for? 60-80k range ? more? I can't see him fetching a huge pay cheque in a cap league

51 minutes ago, sose said:

what kind of salary would he be looking for? 60-80k range ? more? I can't see him fetching a huge pay cheque in a cap league

Regardless of what he's asking, TFC is probably right up against the cap. I could see them making a minor deal to clear space for him though, given how much TFC needs some decent wingers to make Vanney's counter work. With Cheyrou's showings, I doubt they want to use Osorio up top, and running two rookies in Endoh/Babouli seems risky

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Ruffian said:

Conspiracy theory level stuff here but Toronto FC tweeted an image with Johnson AND Ricketts.

At first I thought they were going in for the embrace but I think they are just walking by each other.

God I hope you're not right.. TFC need goals, not more wasted chances

Edited by Oranje

1 hour ago, aloyol said:

Well, TBH this picture is enough proof for a Turkish newspaper to publish an article about Ricketts joining TFC. 

Well Ricketts is still training with TFC.  I think they want to sign him when Gomez $ comes off the books this summer.

11 hours ago, canta15 said:

Nope. NASL.

How the hell can you make a pronouncement like that when guys like Endoh and Delgado and Hurtado seem to find a way to get minutes?  Hell, if you want a good comparison, Ricketts is a poor man's Oduro but the difference in skill is not so much where one finds a way to start almost all their team's matches and the other doesn't even deserve a spot on the bench.  Trying to define someone as "MLS Quality" is a fool's errand.

Just now, El Hombre said:

How the hell can you make a pronouncement like that when guys like Endoh and Delgado and Hurtado seem to find a way to get minutes?  Hell, if you want a good comparison, Ricketts is a poor man's Oduro but the difference in skill is not so much where one finds a way to start almost all their team's matches and the other doesn't even deserve a spot on the bench.  Trying to define someone as "MLS Quality" is a fool's errand.

What El Hombre said. I do think that Ricketts is good enough to play in MLS. Is he a bonafide  starter? No, but how many of those are there in every club? I'd say around 6. So, you still have 22 other players that you need to fill the squad.

2 hours ago, El Hombre said:

Relax. I was just answering Bertuzzi's question.

On May 28, 2016 at 11:33 AM, El Hombre said:

Nationality is another factor.  Oduro has a green card and counts as a domestic.

On 13/04/2016 at 9:25 PM, sose said:

(sorry sose not quoting you, glitchy mobile browser) 

Looks like Larson thinks that TFC will sign Ricketts at some point. I guess he expects a move to be made to make room for him. Too bad MLS doesn't open cap space up after injuries, like most capped leagues

https://mobile.twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/737712608149704704

Edited by Complete Homer