Tosaint Ricketts

Obinna

He plays on the left.

He plays on the riiiiiiiiight.

Tosaint Ricketts makes Messi look sh*ite.

Regardless I think he is still in Romania, I haven't heard anything solid about him leaving other than just speculation on here. I think he's a player who could do well in MLS later in his future. He is a big physical guy, but also has a lot of pace and not a fantastic touch. I think he'd be a good pick up for any of the three Canadian MLS teams.

He plays on the left.

He plays on the riiiiiiiiight.

Tosaint Ricketts makes Messi look sh*ite.

Regardless I think he is still in Romania, I haven't heard anything solid about him leaving other than just speculation on here. I think he's a player who could do well in MLS later in his future. He is a big physical guy, but also has a lot of pace and not a fantastic touch. I think he'd be a good pick up for any of the three Canadian MLS teams.

I think he would too, but he might look good elsewhere as well. He looks great on the pitch when he has a head of steam, but not the most technically sound...still lots of players have success in these circumstances

Wasn't paid for the past five months of the season. Left the team midway through a match (if the article/translation is right) said goodbye to teammates and hasn't been seen linked with the club since. as far as I can tell. I highly doubt he'll be back in Romania, but I'd love to hear otherwise as he had some great reviews.

http://www.opiniatimisoarei.ro/fortaviola/inevitabilul-s-a-produs-nici-ricketts-nu-mai-vrea-sa-joace-la-poli-timisoara/26/04/2012

• 7 months later...
Ricketts seems to always frustrate me, he only has speed

I was in that camp as well, until the recent match against the US.

I thought this was his best game (in a CMNT jersey) to date and gave me a sense of renewed hope. Interestingly, he played more of a two-way winger role in that game (as opposed to a forward/ attacking winger in previous appearances) and was much more responsible defensively than I ever expected. Cheers!

I was in that camp as well, until the recent match against the US.

I thought this was his best game (in a CMNT jersey) to date and gave me a sense of renewed hope. Interestingly, he played more of a two-way winger role in that game (as opposed to a forward/ attacking winger in previous appearances) and was much more responsible defensively than I ever expected. Cheers!

I agree that he did okay against the USA. Judging from that game I would say he would do okay for himself in MLS.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like Ricketts is in talks to come to MLS. Given his passport, I would be surprised if any US club picks him up, and I can't see where he would get minutes in Canada either. But, given that this is not the first time he became a free agent after a club refused to pay him, moving to North America is the right move.

I think the best spot for him would be on the left wing in Edmonton, as he would be a massive upgrade on Johann Smith, unless Miller has Gustavo pencilled in ahead of Smith. Doubt it happens though.

http://the11.ca/2016/03/24/after-another-contract-controversy-tosaint-ricketts-looks-to-mls/

I think the best for Ricketts is to play in the NASL or even the USL do well there  and if he does and proves himself there I'm sure one of the Canadian teams in the MLS might come calling or even an American MLS team. Let's be honest people Ricketts has been playing all over the place hardly sticking with any team for any period of time why? Come home play in the NASL or USL and let's see if he can play even at that level, because so far from his history of bouncing from club to club what that might be starting to tell me is that he just might not be good enough to have played even where he has so far,   so that's why he has been let go from various clubs. Come home and play NASL or even USL and let's see what kind of player he really is. Club soccer is where you can really see what kind of player a player really is, some of our national team players like a Ricketts we only see a few times a year when they play with the national team we don't get to see them game in and game out with their club teams if they play outside of North America in these leagues we don't have much access in watching them play. Therefore, we can't really form a good opinion on how good they really are with just the few times we see  them performing with the national team. For me I'm just going with the fact that he has not really stuck with any team for any significant time in judging how good he really is because I have never seen him play club soccer, therefore. let's see what kind of player he really is by watching him play some club soccer at what better place than the NASL or USL, if you are any good than you would stand out in those two leagues if he can't cut it with even the NASL or a USL team then we have finally got our answer.

Edited by 1996

There are some American USL teams signing players with much better pedigree than Ricketts so let's not think that the USL is below him, from his club soccer history nothing is telling me so far that the USL is below him. If one of these bigger spending USL teams came calling and gave me a good deal I would take it if I was him, if he is really any good then he would stand out in the USL.

Not just that, he is still good enough to earn a paycheck.  Pretty wild, 2 dif countries, get's burned twice.  Have to feel for the guy, still our leading active goal scorer....gets burned twice now $$.

Hope he finds a job and starts cashing real checks.  Even if he uses a North American Team to get back on track, playing wise and $$ wise..... scoring tonight would go a long ways. :)

Just play somewhere and stick then because so far this bouncing around from team to team is making me wonder what is his real level of club soccer, it's not like the level of some of these teams he has been with have been that great and he has not been able to stick, ok prove me wrong Mr. Ricketts prove yourself in the NASL then let's see what kind of player you really are, that's all I'm saying. I remember watching players like Paul Stalteri  and Dwayne De Rosario play for that one season for the Toronto Lynx in 1997 I watched them play many games that season and they stood out even a blind man could see them stand out game in game out that season and we all know what kind of professional careers they went and had.

Edited by 1996

4 minutes ago, 1996 said:

Just play somewhere and stick then because so far this bouncing around from team to team is making me wonder what is his real level of club soccer, it's not like the level of some of these teams he has been with have been that great and he has not been able to stick, ok prove me wrong Mr. Ricketts prove yourself in the NASL then let's see what kind of player you really are, that's all I'm saying.

you do realize he chose to leave two teams because he wasn't getting paid. 

he didn't get cut or released because he wasn't good enough

There's some injuries coming up.  Also there are 10 US based teams with an international roster spot plus the 3 Canadian teams.  I think MLS is right around his level and he can find a spot. 

I don't know what his salary demands are but I imagine he's in the 80-120k range and with his international pedigree there will be somewhere for him to land.

With his speed on the wing he can be a good player in MLS.