Tosaint Ricketts

Obinna

1 hour ago, Complete Homer said:

(sorry sose not quoting you, glitchy mobile browser) 

Looks like Larson thinks that TFC will sign Ricketts at some point. I guess he expects a move to be made to make room for him. Too bad MLS doesn't open cap space up after injuries, like most capped leagues

https://mobile.twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/737712608149704704

He actually tweeted that they have the cap space for Ricketts now .. but his previous team in Turkey is holding up the paper work 

@KurtLarSUN They do now. Paperwork is hung up due to Turkish shenanigans. https://t.co/fa8oa2NzsQ

Link to Tweet: https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/status/737630326625730561

Edited by sose
Insert Twitter linj

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He seems to say very little about his salary troubles in Turkey in this video, at least not a lot of bad comments. But in Larson's article he seems to reveal more.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/07/21/ricketts-eager-to-get-going-with-tfc

This is obviously a benefit of coming back to MLS. It is also suggested the Turkish club delayed the sending the international certificate out of spite. 

2 hours ago, Ngravs9 said:

Ricketts getting involved nice to see and not a first bad touch on his breakaway!

Very true. He hit the post but he played very well today.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Just saw an "All time scorers" table on the TSN pregame against El Salvador and Ricketts was listed as 6th with 12 goals.  Not in any way trying to knock him, but I had no idea he was now 6th in all time scoring.

Our best scorer is De Ro with 22, no one else even got 20 for Canada. 

On ‎2016‎-‎09‎-‎06 at 9:46 PM, dyslexic nam said:

Just saw an "All time scorers" table on the TSN pregame against El Salvador and Ricketts was listed as 6th with 12 goals.  Not in any way trying to knock him, but I had no idea he was now 6th in all time scoring.

Maybe that tells us something when Ricketts is our 6th best all time scorer.

On 06/09/2016 at 9:46 PM, dyslexic nam said:

Don't bother with those stats, its an illusion. The guy only can score against weak minnow teams. He prompts up his stats against those teams and does nothing when we face a half decent team. Boggles my mind that he even gets called up to the team, period.

13 minutes ago, Canadian Pride said:

Don't bother with those stats, its an illusion. The guy only can score against weak minnow teams. He prompts up his stats against those teams and does nothing when we face a half decent team. Boggles my mind that he even gets called up to the team, period.

He has scored against Jamaica, T&T and Ecuador. Also, who else is even scoring that much against any competition for CanMNT. Don't think he is a definite starter but he has done better than any other CanMNT in the offensive side of the game than any other Canadian player active at the moment.

5 minutes ago, Canadian Pride said:

I am not going to crap on him.  Canadian strikers generally have the chance to face minnows.  Yeah he has scored against Moldova and St Kitts, but he also scored against Ecuador, Jamaica, and T&T - not really minnows in comparison to us.

For reference, here is a passage from DeRo's wikipedia page:

After a disappointing, 2–0 defeat to United States in the opening game of the group Canada failed to exit the group with a 1–1–1 record, they only managed to score two goals both from De Rosario at the penalty spot.[38] De Rosario continued his goal scoring for with two goals in the opening stage of 2014 FIFA World Cup qualification, one came against Saint Lucia in early September and the other against Saint Kitts and Nevis in mid November.

Not in any way trying to knock DeRo - just pointing out that some of his goals also came against weaker opponents (or from the penalty spot). 

Bunbury?  His stats are padded by goals against global footy powerhouses like Indonesia, Singapore, Bermuda (3), and Martinique.

Et cetera.

Not saying Ricketts is as good as these guys - just that I am not sure why we would single out Ricketts for something that likely applies to every every Canadian striker we have had.  They have all faced minnows, and grabbed goals against them.  And like those guys, Rickets has also banged in a couple against decent opposition.

• 4 months later...