Jonathan de Guzman out of the picture forever

Nick

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i loved the Phillip Bakery comment. I can't remember what game that was but i was listening to that game. i loved how the colour commentator was using colour of skin to describe players. if that happened in Toronto that would would, as the song says, raise a little hell.

"passes to Duguzman, he black, now to Bernier, he black too!" haha laughed my ass off. It was almost as if he thought the audience would assume everyone from Canada is white.

i loved the Phillip's Bakery comment. I can't remember what game that was, I loved how the colour commentator was using colour of skin to describe players.
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. That's why they called him a "colour" commentator. Oh, and seeing how we're throwing around the R word, he was a racist too :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I saw that on twitter just a few mins ago. I was thinking I shouldn't care, too, but just in case anyone else does...

Joel Ramey‏@FlixandTrix

Michael Laudrup has flown #Villarreal's Jonathan De Guzman & #Genoa's Chico Flores into #Wales to close deals for the pair. #SSN #Swansea

Retweeted by R.Gomes

Expand Reply

Retweet

Favorite

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/swansea-sign-defender-jose-manuel-flores-from-genoa-7932019.html

Looks set to join Swansea

Flores, who will fill the gap created by Steven Caulker's return to Tottenham after his loan spell last season, is set to be joined at the Liberty Stadium by Villarreal midfielder Jonathan de Guzman.

De Guzman will move on an initial season-long loan with a view to a permanent transfer and Swansea are hopeful the deal will be completed later today.

Even if the passport issue is a non issue in the UK hes still going to take a shot at the Dutch squad IMO. He'll probably see how the new Dutch coach reacts with his squad and then determine if he should play for us. I hope he was just bull****ting and plays for us next year, but if hes held out this long for the Dutch and is playing in the EPL he probably will be willing to wait one more year with a potential Dutch overhaul and new regime to see if he can sneak in.

(was in the process of writing this comment, before the above made there's, reason for the reiteration)

well I see two factors, and the first thing to remember is he on loan.

However, if he performs considerably enough for his loan to turn to a permanent signing can be good news, in the sense that if he then commits to Canada. His national appearance would make it easier for him to get contracts based off international games or however that works for the americans who go abroad.

The flip-side is, that if he performs considerably enough for Van Gaal to force a look at him considering the overhaul of the dutch program, could bring his "dream" of playing for the dutch.

(was in the process of writing this comment, before the above made there's, reason for the reiteration)

The flip-side is, that if he performs considerably enough for Van Gaal to force a look at him considering the overhaul of the dutch program, could bring his "dream" of playing for the dutch.

EXACTLY. Even though hearing any news about this guy is starting to annoy me, I have a very slight hope that should he just be mediocre with Swansea and not get a glance by Holland then he'd probably once and for all realize and jump on board with the red and white. By that time I hope we'll be in the Hex to be a sexy alternative. If Holland just simply neglects him and he goes nowhere internationally I would be satisfied. Despite his talent he shows no love towards a beautiful country like ours when he backtracks from his words thus not really deserving of a spot on the squad. Embarrassing for us Filippino Canadians because if anything we are one of the most patriotic ethnic minorities that loves Canada and is not ashamed to show it.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I don't mind his stance. If anything, Julian is at fault for getting our hopes up.

He lived in the Netherlands from age 12, and he feels Dutch. He might never play for them, but is keeping up his stance, and I for one respect that. He isn't shopping his allegiance like OH. He's not a turncoat like AB. And he's not keeping everyone in the dark like DH. He's been clear all along... much like Guiseppe Rossi with USA-Italy.

Laudrup fits in with the style and players Swansea has developed under Rogers. They are playing the game the right way, I don't see Laudrup coming in and shaking that up too much and Deguzman does fit in with the style they play. I don't think they will get relegated, the fact they play a high posession game takes a lot of the variance and luck out of it.

For instance Norwich ran pretty well last year, they would be more likely to go down imo, a team like Wolves ride there luck because they rely on long balls and opposing teams can adapt a lot easier to that. Swansea has players playing on the same page and better quality players then most teams that they will be battling for the drop, Swansea was one of the most impressive teams coming up from the Championship that I have ever seen and the metrics showed that it was no fluke, they play the right way and have guys who can defend and are comfortable in posession.

Archived