Jonathan de Guzman out of the picture forever

Nick

Guest Brethers

Jonathan is playing a very odd game, but I think we have to ignore any speculation right now from Julian and try and accept that Jonathan won't play for us. Maybe when his club situation is sorted and if we're looking like making the hex he'll lean back to Canada, who knows. On his club situation, he said a club in England were interested in him, potentially Swansea? His old manager at Mallorca is there now and with Sigurdsson probably joining Liverpool they might need a new attacking CM...

I think Hoilett is going to make a decision after the Panama double header. With 2 games to go in the WCQ round, a good idea can be gained about us and Jamaica making the hex and he'll have settled in a club by then.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can someone please kill all JDG2 threads and ban them from this site forever!!!!

This one is 16 pages long. Why would someone ban a page that people are interested in? To chase them away to sites where they can discuss things freely in a free speech environment? This IS a free speech country after all? But yeah, don't worry...it's still been only a week, it will peter out soon. I'm done with talking about it personally, as I think, too, that I won't trust to what Julian is saying. Jonanthan is done here. And lattes, I've said this many times, we should stop calling him JDG2. He doesn't deserve that moniker.

This one is 16 pages long. Why would someone ban a page that people are interested in? To chase them away to sites where they can discuss things freely in a free speech environment? This IS a free speech country after all? But yeah, don't worry...it's still been only a week, it will peter out soon. I'm done with talking about it personally, as I think, too, that I won't trust to what Julian is saying. Jonanthan is done here. And lattes, I've said this many times, we should stop calling him JDG2. He doesn't deserve that moniker.

A couple points:

1) this is not a country, this is the internet, this is an internet board the mods are in charge of making decisions as they see fit

2) I'm sure if I post a thread of Will Johnson having sex with a supermodel people will be interested, would we want to leave that thread open?

3) Yes you've suggested not to use JDG2, and it seems no one agrees, we use it because its easy to type 4 characters and everyone knows him here as that.

4) You've said your done with the topic about 4 times and you still keep bumping and rehashing it.

Finally the reason this thread should be closed is because we have other players that we should focus on, even negative attention to JDG2 is still time and attention taken away from our players, not only that but his brother plays for us and their is still a cloud of uncertainty over the whole issue.

A couple points:

1) this is not a country, this is the internet, this is an internet board the mods are in charge of making decisions as they see fit

2) I'm sure if I post a thread of Will Johnson having sex with a supermodel people will be interested, would we want to leave that thread open?

3) Yes you've suggested not to use JDG2, and it seems no one agrees, we use it because its easy to type 4 characters and everyone knows him here as that.

4) You've said your done with the topic about 4 times and you still keep bumping and rehashing it.

Finally the reason this thread should be closed is because we have other players that we should focus on, even negative attention to JDG2 is still time and attention taken away from our players, not only that but his brother plays for us and their is still a cloud of uncertainty over the whole issue.

This thread will die on its own if fellas like you and me and Madamonte stop posting, especially when we have nothing of value to add on the subject. It is nearly dead-- until the next rumor surfaces.

A couple points:

Ok, I'm offended. Holy ****, Socrates, that's an interesting twist the topic to your liking isn't it? What a load you just heaved there in an attempt to make a point that isn't close to addressing what I had actually said. Answering each ridiculous point individually.

1) The internet mods are canadian and I have faith that they will allow free speech within the guidelines of this site. Go look up the forum rules. Talking about Jono isn't against the rules. Although Owen ********** last name is a swear (as you can see), but that's just funny. I trust them to be open minded individuals in terms of posting content.

2) That is against forum rules. See point 1. Also distasteful. Talking about a soccer player isn't.

3) I keep saying it because I don't like Jonathan, but I like Julian. It's a joke, not an actual suggestion.

4) I'm not talking so much about Jonathan now, but other people's right to talk about it. You don't like it, don't open the thread. Just because you are sick of talking about something doesn't mean that you can force other people to be sick of talking about it too.

If that wasn't the case, then this thread wouldn't be 16 pages long, in less than a week, which it is. Although unfortunately, the last page of that has degenerated into "should we be allowed to talk about it". Sorry Beaver, you are right, but I was offended and couldn't resist.

I will agree that it is well to focus on other players as well...but we can do both. It's not like I have to devote my time, or energy to thinking about what you want me to think about. And I think that the spirit of forum boards is free discussion as long as it is relevant to the topic. If you want a REAL reason this thread should be closed you could have argued that this Forum is titled "National Men's Team and Players". Of which De Guzman is not, and that argument would actually hold water.

But I think honestly, since it was about him and the national team, it is relevant to the forum. And the people that wanted to discuss it did. Noone has in a couple days. If others decide to talk about it again, that's their right, though, and I'd support it. Realize...to some newer visitors to these forums this MAY actually be new news, that they may want to comment on.

its an important discussion topic on a discussion forum....we are all disappointed but as long as there is something to talk about lets just chill with the close the thread demands....

if we just shut down everything that was really disappointing TFC wouldn't exist.

its an important discussion topic on a discussion forum....we are all disappointed but as long as there is something to talk about lets just chill with the close the thread demands....

if we just shut down everything that was really disappointing TFC wouldn't exist.

Ha! Brilliant. And I agree--this thread will play out as required. Let it be.

Ok, I'm offended. Holy ****, Socrates, that's an interesting twist the topic to your liking isn't it? What a load you just heaved there in an attempt to make a point that isn't close to addressing what I had actually said. Answering each ridiculous point individually.

1) The internet mods are canadian and I have faith that they will allow free speech within the guidelines of this site. Go look up the forum rules. Talking about Jono isn't against the rules. Although Owen ********** last name is a swear (as you can see), but that's just funny. I trust them to be open minded individuals in terms of posting content.

2) That is against forum rules. See point 1. Also distasteful. Talking about a soccer player isn't.

3) I keep saying it because I don't like Jonathan, but I like Julian. It's a joke, not an actual suggestion.

4) I'm not talking so much about Jonathan now, but other people's right to talk about it. You don't like it, don't open the thread. Just because you are sick of talking about something doesn't mean that you can force other people to be sick of talking about it too.

If that wasn't the case, then this thread wouldn't be 16 pages long, in less than a week, which it is. Although unfortunately, the last page of that has degenerated into "should we be allowed to talk about it". Sorry Beaver, you are right, but I was offended and couldn't resist.

I will agree that it is well to focus on other players as well...but we can do both. It's not like I have to devote my time, or energy to thinking about what you want me to think about. And I think that the spirit of forum boards is free discussion as long as it is relevant to the topic. If you want a REAL reason this thread should be closed you could have argued that this Forum is titled "National Men's Team and Players". Of which De Guzman is not, and that argument would actually hold water.

But I think honestly, since it was about him and the national team, it is relevant to the forum. And the people that wanted to discuss it did. Noone has in a couple days. If others decide to talk about it again, that's their right, though, and I'd support it. Realize...to some newer visitors to these forums this MAY actually be new news, that they may want to comment on.

I don't want to take this any further, I apologize if I came across harsh. I did'nt want to say anything, but if you just said I want to talk about it then I could accept that, but your points about freedom of speech etc just seemed so ridiculous to me that I couldn't help myself.

Ha! I was wondering how long it would take before you'd threaten violence. You trolls are all the same. Silly, silly man. You fell faster than most.

It didn't take you anytime to show your true side I see. Proves yet again that racists or idiots with racist leanings are usually insecure hence they perceive threat where non exists.

^This post is too funny. Racist? How do you know The Beaver's ethnicity is different than yours? Oh snap, you just made the assumption that all Canadians were white in a thread about a black Canadian. Now who's racist?

^This post is too funny. Racist? How do you know The Beaver's ethnicity is different than yours? Oh snap, you just made the assumption that all Canadians were white in a thread about a black Canadian. Now who's racist?

Wait Wait Wait. How do you know is actually a Jamaican of African decent. Maybe it's you as a racist for assuming he was a certain race and there for racist for assuming race and was racist against a different race than initially thought. :) [head explodes]

Ok can we just ban him now?

I don't want to take this any further, I apologize if I came across harsh. I did'nt want to say anything, but if you just said I want to talk about it then I could accept that, but your points about freedom of speech etc just seemed so ridiculous to me that I couldn't help myself.

No problem you have your right to speak as you will too. I believe in what I said about free speech, but can see your points about forum mods controlling speech. Realistically, though, there is never a need in our society to shut down a lively debate. I apologize for the nature of my debate, in the end I wrote in haste, which I normally try not to do.

As for jahmanagain he's probably a poser white kid with rascally dreadlocks who smokes a lot of weed and idolizes jamaican culture, but has never been outside of Thunder Bay, Ontario.

Wait Wait Wait. How do you know is actually a Jamaican of African decent. Maybe it's you as a racist for assuming he was a certain race and there for racist for assuming race and was racist against a different race than initially thought. :) [head explodes]

Ok can we just ban him now?

Ha! Props to you and Soju. (Am I allowed to use such a term--ie "props"--if I am a cracker of Euro descent? Is that appropriation? I am so confused now that I am a racist.) I'd love to ban the dude, if only because he's a troll (and a mighty lame one at that) but it is up to us to just ignore the douche. Trolls remain invisible if we ignore them. I should know better.

MOD REPLY : We always try to review all responses to all threads and we will close it when the discussion becomes too off-topic, useless, or becomes derogatory to all members. So far, despite my itch to mercilessly end the speculation, a new update may or may not appear which adds further discussion.

And jahman, please don't troll, and worse, use the RACE card. You are a guest on this Canadian forum. Express your anger about Jamaica's tie with Antigua in a Reggae Boyz forum or something ... Consider this your official warning.

MOD REPLY : We always try to review all responses to all threads and we will close it when the discussion becomes too off-topic, useless, or becomes derogatory to all members. So far, despite my itch to mercilessly end the speculation, a new update may or may not appear which adds further discussion.

And jahman, please don't troll, and worse, use the RACE card. You are a guest on this Canadian forum. Express your anger about Jamaica's tie with Antigua in a Reggae Boyz forum or something ... Consider this your official warning.

Oh please dude, get off the soap box before your nose starts to bleed. I mean, if you don't think that idiot had some racial overtone to his comment I have a bridge over the Niagara - wait - never mind. I was not the first or the only one to pick up on the clowns little racial jab - as for what he called a threat - no buddy that was a promise from yours truly and the Hondurans....yeah I read your comments about them........and a warning!!!! your self importance is getting the better or you guy... me angry over Jamaica gaining a point on the road yet you guys are over the moon for dropping two points at home - no wonder Jono bolted after watching you guys - ya ya make sense..... here is your chance to ban me...but remember, I will be back around Sept - peace!

Oh please dude, get off the soap box before your nose starts to bleed. I mean, if you don't think that idiot had some racial overtone to his comment I have a bridge over the Niagara - wait - never mind. I was not the first or the only one to pick up on the clowns little racial jab - as for what he called a threat - no buddy that was a promise from yours truly and the Hondurans....yeah I read your comments about them........and a warning!!!! your self importance is getting the better or you guy... me angry over Jamaica gaining a point on the road yet you guys are over the moon for dropping two points at home - no wonder Jono bolted after watching you guys - ya ya make sense..... here is your chance to ban me...but remember, I will be back around Sept - peace!
Holy cow, that closely resembles English... another Voyageur special moment...brought to you by Phillip's Bakery

Archived