Jonathan de Guzman out of the picture forever

Nick

Guys, I know we just ended the last disscussion about JDG2, but here is an interview he did with the score prior to the Honduras game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-5RqPNjAtU&feature=plcp

In the video he states that he will not be playing for Canada,

So on this final note I say **** him. He has acknowledged what a positive impact he could have had, but says he stands by his previous decision not to represent his country of birth. I vote that from now on we ban his name from all the forums, and focus on all the positives surrounding our team and players instead.

Good riddance

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did we really need another thread? The other thread was locked to move on from this ****, not to let it fester.

Some of us logged in late (work) and didn't have a chance to call him a piece of **** yet. I really felt the need to do it, so was happy for a thread to do it in. **** him.

Yes villus your completely right, I just assumed people would be interested in seeing the video. I for one had never actually seen an interview of him or ever heard anything directly from him. This whole scenario just seemed like a bad game of broken telephone. I'm just glad its finally over.

This is completely his reaction to watch the dutch lose their first game at Euro 2012. If they lose their next match they will be out and changes will happen in the dutch team, maybe a new coach and surely the introduction of new players. If he doesn't get a call up, the same cycle will repeat. If we make the hex or even the world cup and he is not capped...he'll be back...question is...would canada want him.

I feel bad for his brother, he obviously was excited and was ****ed around by his own little brother, I can imagine how embarrassed he must feel after having to answer questions for so many years while himself being a loyal player and then finally brings good news and is made to look like the fool on TV afterwards.

This is completely his reaction to watch the dutch lose their first game at Euro 2012. If they lose their next match they will be out and changes will happen in the dutch team, maybe a new coach and surely the introduction of new players. If he doesn't get a call up, the same cycle will repeat. If we make the hex or even the world cup and he is not capped...he'll be back...question is...would canada want him.

Interesting you say that, because as of right now, I'd still pencil in Simpson at LW

don't let the door hit you on the way out Jono....the only orange you will ever see will come from the produce department of your grocery store.

a real shame.....wasted opportunity to make an impact with your life.

hoilett is more important anyways.

hoilett is more important anyways.

Jono "Trying to sort out club situation first"

Hoilett: "Trying to sort out club situation first"

Like Junior is gonna be any different. He was at BMO field watching, so was Jono...so obviously that means jack squat. And yeah, I'm a little bitter lol

Its funny because his club career the last few years has been a mirror image of his international flirtations. He was on the rocks at Feyernoord and was given a chance at Mallorca where he ended up doing well and carving out a spot for himself but was not satisfied and jumped ship to Villareal where he ended up not even making the match day 18 for a big part of the season on a team that was relegated and had its worst record in years.

It could be that his sole reason is that he does'nt want to give up his dutch nationality which may be required, I guess I could understand that to some degree, but if he is passing to try and get into the dutch squad lol at not learning his lesson after his stint at Villareal.

I feel bad for his brother, he obviously was excited and was ****ed around by his own little brother, I can imagine how embarrassed he must feel after having to answer questions for so many years while himself being a loyal player and then finally brings good news and is made to look like the fool on TV afterwards.

+10^100

He thinks himself as Dutch, what you going to do? He's made that clear before. On the other hand Holliett is more of a mystery to me, although he doesn't seem especially enthusiastic about playing for Canada. The influence of his father (and agent) I believe is strong. I'm somewhat doubtful but I suppose it's possible. Again, I feel pining for these players doesn't do the team's psyche much good. Because they feel like they are missing something rather thinking they are whole..

Jonathan has spent a significant part of his life in Holland. It is unfortunate for Canada but if he feels more committed to the Dutch it is understandable and does not feel as much a betrayal as others we could mention. However, he asked the CSA through his brother to look into joining the Canadian system. To now act like that never happened is just silly and mercenary. Hope he never gets to play international football again.

Jonathan De Guzman cannot get his Canadian citizenship back while retaining his Dutch citizenship (keeping him an EU national) therefore he will not play for Canada. De Guzman may want to play for Holland, but only because he is unable to play for Canada. Essentially De Guzman has decided to be an EU national with no international career than a Canadian citizen with a Canadian international career. De Guzman didn’t decide to play for Holland, he is decided to play for NO ONE internationally. Don't be shocked I had it figured out from the start.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Holliett decides the same and play for no one.

Jonathan De Guzman cannot get his Canadian citizenship back while retaining his Dutch citizenship (keeping him an EU national) therefore he will not play for Canada. De Guzman may want to play for Holland, but only because he is unable to play for Canada. Essentially De Guzman has decided to be an EU national with no international career than a Canadian citizen with a Canadian international career. De Guzman didn’t decide to play for Holland, he is decided to play for NO ONE internationally. Don't be shocked I had it figured out from the start.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Holliett decides the same and play for no one.

Sounds like his was told "no top league team is going to use an international slot on you" and that "you cannot hold a Dutch passport if you try to get your Canadian one back". Idiot if he thinks the Dutch national team is going to slot him in I think (though he must have some arrogance to think he can get 'that good'). At least finally this saga is done, unfortunately CSA wasted the money on flying Hart out to talk to him...

Archived