The 2012 Jersey - "A Celebration of 100 years"

Shway

Guest Brethers

I think it's quite good. Got a real classic feel to it, and just looks classier than the last couple of shirts. The problem with making our shirts unique is that we have always had a shirt which is basically one solid colour. It's all well and good pointing out Peru's sash and the creativity you can bring with it, but we've never had anything like that so for me it's comparing apples to oranges. It's a nice shirt with a bit of a throwback look good enough for a centennial year. I really hope the collar mentions something about 100 years or has see thee rise on it.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I know comparing the two is like apples and oranges but my point is that they didn't even put any effort just like the other shirt (chevron) and basically made up a story about it referring to the proud military past - ah please. They basically took a stock shirt and plastered the logo on it. Really creative! Any soccer team can just go to the shop and by the same shirt. Where's the originality, the creativity? None - shoddy work, nobody is working on these things. I believe there's probably one office and computer at Umbro Canada probably manned by a monkey. Why not be a little creative, make a different logo. In the past Umbro was making Canadian shirts that were more unique like the red shirt with the faded leaf on the front. Say what you will about that one but at least it was CANADIAN.

Guest Brethers

Yeah I'd love something a bit more Canadian, like the faded leaf. But I quite like this shirt so even though it is pretty standard at least I can bear it unlike that chevron bollocks. Haha yeah that probably is Umbro Canada. Still this shirt could be much worse! I want one with beavers on hahaha

Yeah I'd love something a bit more Canadian, like the faded leaf. But I quite like this shirt so even though it is pretty standard at least I can bear it unlike that chevron bollocks. Haha yeah that probably is Umbro Canada. Still this shirt could be much worse! I want one with beavers on hahaha

I was hoping they would prank us at the launch with something hideous. Jersey is a big flag with a beaver in the middle surrounded by totem poles and the back a big picture of a guy putting in the last spike....

So, I was at FC Soccer in London yesterday, the owner said they'd be getting a special "Centennial jersey" as well for the game against the US, and that it wasn't launched with the other two 2012 kits. He also said it would be blue, a little lighter of a shade than royal blue...

Huzzah?

That's what I was getting at in a couple other threads! There seems to be no mention about them being "Centennial" jerseys, even the CSA website refers to it as the 2012 CNT Home and Away. I haven't been able to find a video of the press conference so for someone who saw it can you please confirm!

Does anyone know the best way to get these things with player names on the back? It's such a struggle... I've actually only got one of them done (AC Soccer in Windsor) and it was just a chance they had the DeRo's name and number?

At the moment I'm just hoping the CSA use the TFC equipment at the matches this round so I can get a name and number on mine when I got to BMO.

One thing about our MNT that's always kind of pissed me off is the fact that we don't have names on the back of our kits. Sure it's understandable for a friendly, but for WCQs we should be marketing our players. If we want these names to become popular a casual shouldn't need to look at a program to find out who a player is.

One thing about our MNT that's always kind of pissed me off is the fact that we don't have names on the back of our kits. Sure it's understandable for a friendly, but for WCQs we should be marketing our players. If we want these names to become popular a casual shouldn't need to look at a program to find out who a player is.

Never thought of it in a marketing perspective, good point.

Most countries don't put names on unless they're in an official tournament (finals, that is).

+1. common sense.

• 3 months later...

Archived