The 2012 Jersey - "A Celebration of 100 years"

Shway

Has there been a date set when we will see the new jerseys, im kinda of anxious/excited to see what special jersey umbro will have for us. Considering thats what was told.

Hoping its not from a template!

Post any ideas, designs, that you may have!

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.cansoc.org/showthread.php?41529-New-Kit-Think-You-Can-Do-Better&highlight=centennial+jersey

Check all of these out. It's an old thread, but still some of the coolest designs showed up in there, particularly the ones done by Soju and ScottC. I know those two still post here occasionally, would love to see what other ideas they've come up with since.

Has there been a date set when we will see the new jerseys, im kinda of anxious/excited to see what special jersey umbro will have for us. Considering thats what was told.

Hoping its not from a template!

Post any ideas, designs, that you may have!

There was already a leaked jersey from an umbro event... not sure if it was just a concept or for show or what but it was awesome. It was a retro 86 style shirt with Canada across the front. Anyone remember this or know where that pic is?

Hard to see exactly what it looks like from there, but at first glace: huge improvement from the previous ones.

Now if only the CSA logo wasn't stuck in the 80's

What's wrong with the CSA logo? I've never understood the hate for it.. easily better than most federations and I've never seen a better rendition offered up.

What's wrong with the CSA logo? I've never understood the hate for it.. easily better than most federations and I've never seen a better rendition offered up.

I beg to differ on that opinion.

Here we have an organization that often gets accused of being stuck in the past and they have a checkered soccer ball on their logo, which is something that is very historic. The overall features of the crest are poor and comparable to something you'd see from an amateur club, which again something the CSA is accused of being. So in effect the imagery serves to remind of all that's wrong with the organization. I am absolutely positive that if you ran that by anyone in advertising and asked if that was a good logo, you'd get a funny look on their face.

People on this board have produced superior designs to this in the past. Asides from that, asking a design firm to produce a logo is not a very difficult task. If FFF can changes their logo, the CSA should definitely change theirs. No reason to continue on with this.

There is a SNAFU with the Centenary dates you know. 1912 to 2012 allows no room to Regonise Canadas Olympic Gold Medal win in 1904. Yes I understand it was won by Gault FC, but they have been regonised by the IOC as Canadas representatives at the time. Something that should be more widley recognised, IMO.

Just wait till next year the BBC will be all over 1908 and 1912, They Probably dig a goalscorer for an interview to help Justify Team GB actually been there.

I agree aswell, i think the logo should get an update for the 100 year

however that jersey is definitely not the jersey ( i hope)

that logo is the old CSA logo, with the old font

NEW(er)

See this is the kind of thing that should happen all the time, but they have to make more than alternations that slight. You can still keep a maple leaf, a soccer ball, and the word Canada incorporated into the design but the delivery has to be much better.

I'd recomend something circular, incorporate the ball with a leaf in the middle rather than split each in half. Put the name of the association around the outside, because let's face it not everyone is immediately aware what that logo is when they see it. Other associations have done something similar quite well.

As an example (minus the soccer ball):

220px-DFBEagle.svg.png

There is a SNAFU with the Centenary dates you know. 1912 to 2012 allows no room to Regonise Canadas Olympic Gold Medal win in 1904. Yes I understand it was won by Gault FC, but they have been regonised by the IOC as Canadas representatives at the time. Something that should be more widley recognised, IMO.

Just wait till next year the BBC will be all over 1908 and 1912, They Probably dig a goalscorer for an interview to help Justify Team GB actually been there.

Who the hell is Gualt FC??? Is that like Galt (suburb of Cambridge) who won a Gold medal in the 04 Olympics

Archived