The 2012 Jersey - "A Celebration of 100 years"

Shway

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah....uhm... NO.

I'll wear red, or white with red trim, but blue?!?!

Not gonna happen.

A spectacular fail from the CSA marketing department in creating a limited edition jersey that only a tiny fraction of an already small audience will be interested in to celebrate an organizational milestone for an institution widely reviled amongst its stakeholders.

okay im super impressed by the design. Dont like the blue, but accept it for the significance.

But also super pissed that they didnt do this design for the home and away!

These jerseys would be sheer class...

I think we should start a petition to have the maple leaf as the logo, but still keep the CSA logo for the Association (like how spain does)

okay im super impressed by the design. Dont like the blue, but accept it for the significance.

But also super pissed that they didnt do this design for the home and away!

These jerseys would be sheer class...

I think we should start a petition to have the maple leaf as the logo, but still keep the CSA logo for the Association (like how spain does)

I would sign

Well, I didn't expect it but I actually like the kit. The fact that it's a one-off will make me think before buying it, however. (I guess there's a limited supply, too). I don't mind if they keep the general design, though: simple red and white jersey with trim on sleeve and that maple leaf emblem would be much better than what has come in the last 15 years.

The reason I'm getting it is cause it's a nice enough looking shirt you could wear regularly.

I got a response from umbro regarding the red anthem jacket if anyone wondering, they are going to have all but M available online soon and have M's stocked at their location in mississauga.

I went by the Umbro store in Mississauga today and picked up one of the new centennial shirts and the last small red anthem jacket (only xl left). They did have a lot of the centennial shirts and jackets in all sizes as well as two of the hats. The sale was still on so I got the anthem jacket pretty cheap but the new centennial stuff is not on sale.

The reason I'm getting it is cause it's a nice enough looking shirt you could wear regularly.
Now that you mention it, it is a nice shirt in general just not appropriate to wear to a national team game.

Or maybe I'm just starting to like it after seeing pics of Kara wearing it...

I went by the Umbro store in Mississauga today and picked up one of the new centennial shirts and the last small red anthem jacket (only xl left). They did have a lot of the centennial shirts and jackets in all sizes as well as two of the hats. The sale was still on so I got the anthem jacket pretty cheap but the new centennial stuff is not on sale.

Man, I'm really eager to see what these New Era Hats look like.. Does anyone have a link or photo of what they look like???! Are they fitted?!

This must be nice for some of the other cities across the country with blue teams. Now they can wear this shirt to club games. I know some have been enjoying the red kits at BMO for years.

This also opens up a whole new can of worms in the club gear at national team matches debate.

Also that hat looks DOPE!

Now that you mention it, it is a nice shirt in general just not appropriate to wear to a national team game.

Or maybe I'm just starting to like it after seeing pics of Kara wearing it...

I'd rather think about Kara not wearing it :D

I will not be wearing this jersey to games. Since it will only be worn once for a special occasion i dont want to wear it. im sure it will be hanging in my closet probably with the tags still on ahha.

I'm really torn as to whether I'm going to wear mine or just frame it to put on my wall. Maybe wear it only to the US match (to at least get a beer stain on it) then get it signed by that evening's starting XI, then put it on the wall.

Archived