The 2012 Jersey - "A Celebration of 100 years"

Shway

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yes!!! I'm sure you clicked on this thread in search/hope for some kind of update/leak/news

but here's what i dug up

Jan 10

Sitting down for our @UmbroCanada team meeting! We're getting really excited for 2012!!

Everybody needs to be patient. As far as I know Umbro never told us when the jersey will be launched, they simply said that there will be a new/centennial jersey in 2012, that could mean months from now.

damn... I'm already working on a refresh. Frustrating how the stuff that comes from this board is born from true passion. Where people are volunteering their own time because they genuinely care and the work is often far better than what we see coming from the top. Will post shortly...

I read other people's response before I saw the logo... I thought this is probably the usually "can't please anybody" reaction. Then I clicked on the logo. WOW. What a piece of garbage. I mean no one would approve that. I love how they wrote it up with "we selected blue because of heritage". Zero effort or zero talent was put into this. I cannot tell which. I would assume the amount of effort put into the crest would be similar to the new jerseys as well. Expect another template. TERRIBLE. Of all the things the CSA has tried to improve on they messed up the most simple and widely publicized thing.

In response to the colour blue:

I spoke with an Umbro rep a few months ago who said that a jersey that used to be worn by Canada at some point in time (can't remember all of the conversation) was blue.

And, most importantly, the 100th anniversary shirt would be blue. Unless my memory is severely failing me, I'm pretty sure that's what he said.

Archived