The 2012 Jersey - "A Celebration of 100 years"

Shway

See this is the kind of thing that should happen all the time, but they have to make more than alternations that slight. You can still keep a maple leaf, a soccer ball, and the word Canada incorporated into the design but the delivery has to be much better.

I'd recomend something circular, incorporate the ball with a leaf in the middle rather than split each in half. Put the name of the association around the outside, because let's face it not everyone is immediately aware what that logo is when they see it. Other associations have done something similar quite well.

As an example (minus the soccer ball):

220px-DFBEagle.svg.png

That's precisely what the Canada crest was before the 80's incarnation.

http://flic.kr/p/afgtnL

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's precisely what the Canada crest was before the 80's incarnation.

http://flic.kr/p/afgtnL

Canadiansoccerfan,

Where does your new avater come from? I'm guessing its from the Old Canaian Ensign or the Ontario Standard?

I only ask as the top left had corner carries the Genus of the FA's Three Lions. Apparently they are not actually lions but Heralic Leopards carried over from the Royal Standard.

Hands up all those who know what the next comment may be? (Golden Envelope Round)

G

Canadiansoccerfan,

Where does your new avater come from? I'm guessing its from the Old Canaian Ensign or the Ontario Standard?

I only ask as the top left had corner carries the Genus of the FA's Three Lions. Apparently they are not actually lions but Heralic Leopards carried over from the Royal Standard.

Hands up all those who know what the next comment may be? (Golden Envelope Round)

G

It's the Canadian shield from the old Canadian flag pre-1965

canadian_red_ensign_5.jpg

It's still there in the Canadian coat of arms

What's wrong with the CSA logo? I've never understood the hate for it.. easily better than most federations and I've never seen a better rendition offered up.

My main beef with the logo is in how it appears on the jersey. The 2011 kits had an awesome rendition of the patch because it had several colours and was independent of the uniform design. I hope they keep it that way for the 2012 release.

I like just a maple leaf. It doesn't need anything else. I'd be happy with something like this http://flic.kr/p/adTB7M

No Jugglin' beavers then? Or Prancing Polar bears! Jeeze what is that Senetor on? Does he not know its the symbol of Putins party in Russia?:confused:

I like the Plain Leaf, though. With a bit of Comemorative text it would look nicely understated.

That circle badge from '78 does not look too bad, just a little BIG.

Oh and the answer to the Golden envelope round was.... Canada with having the Heraldic Leopards in the Canadian royal crest are just as entitled as the English, to make a case for wearing Three Lions on their shirt if they so choose to do so.

Not that they would.;)

I personally have no problem with the current or previous Canadian logo at all. It has a Maple Leaf, soccer ball and says CANADA on it. What more do we need?

I'd like to see Canada go with the old school "sash" styled jersey. You know, like Peru and River Plate of Argentina wear? Peru's is a perfect example because they are also sponsored by Umbro....

http://kaneonlinestore.com/peru-jersey-c-219_579_595.html

Sorry for the link but for some reason I can't upload a photo into this post.

• 3 weeks later...

See I think that crest would look sick on our kits right now. I wouldn't be surprised to see them dump the black theme though. I also don't know that it needs to say Canadian soccer association. I would much prefer, "maple leaf forever" or "see the rise" or "strong and free" or something.

I'll tell you though, I have drifted rapidly into the camp of loving our jerseys now. They have grown on me at an alarming rate. I also hated england's 2010 world cup kits and they too grew on me. I'd like to see a classic polo look for one of them and maybe something circa 1986 for the other.

See I think that crest would look sick on our kits right now.(...)

Thanks, I kinda wish we were keeping our current kits, but I understand the need to change them. I'll miss the $60.00 price tag though.

The 2012 kit can't come out fast enough for me, though. I sort of got all the players to sign my 2011 jersey after the St.Kitt's match and I no longer have a national team jersey that fits.

Did anyone ever find a place that could put a name and number the current shirt that was the same font that the CSA uses? I did find a guy on ebay who has the lettering and numbers for the old adidas kits and can do any name upon request.

Also I have an XL of the red adidas polka dot shirt that I'd love to trade for a medium.

Did anyone ever find a place that could put a name and number the current shirt that was the same font that the CSA uses? I did find a guy on ebay who has the lettering and numbers for the old adidas kits and can do any name upon request.

Also I have an XL of the red adidas polka dot shirt that I'd love to trade for a medium.

I'm not sure if anyone has actually inquired about that yet, but any of the the soccer niche stores that sell the jersey should have access to Umbro's info, and to printing places that should be able to do the numbering and lettering. For the polka dot jerseys, I simply went down to our local soccer shop here, Xtratime Sports Soccer Locker, and asked the owner.

Archived