The Importance of Jr. Hoilett

Tuscan

Some of y'all are jokes. Seriously. 

One day its, I'll support anyone who turns out for the maple leaf, now its blah blah blah why'd he take so long? whats the catch? he's using Canada for pt.

Lets stop the bullshit, and enjoy the revolution.

1 player down - 8 more to go!

#CANADAWC18

Best team now?

---------------------------- Larin ---------------------------------

-- Hoilett ---------------- Osorio ------------------ Akindele --

------------- Hutchinson -------------Johnson ---------------

-- De Jong -------- Edgar -------- Henry ---------- Aird --

this is a nice looking lineup . with oso and teibert also in the mix we might score a goal!

I love De Guzman, but with AH, and WJ back in the fold I would love to see this. But won't because he doesn't even get called up.

Osorio has arguably the best feet and short passing in our talent pool.

One day its, I'll support anyone who turns out for the maple leaf, now its blah blah blah why'd he take so long? whats the catch? he's using Canada for pt.

#CANADAWC18

Frankly, spoken like a newer follower that wasn't around last cycle or other years of frustration.  Which is weird, cuz you were watching all last cycle.  Those posters aren't jokes.  The mixed feelings are real, because where were you when we needed you, and why now when your club career is failing?  Dude, let's be honest, most of us are thinking right now that if he was still in the Premier League with great reviews this wouldn't have happened.

Canada as his backup choice.  Canada because England dreams are fully dashed.  

That said, we are all trying to get over it and welcome him aboard, because he HAS chosen us, and that puts him solidly WITH us...but with mixed feelings wondering what would have happened had he actually been a star.  Would he have tried to have been another hogreaves?  Probably.

Edited by madmonte

I wonder if this will be enough to get things rolling?  Does a guy like Arfield, Vittoria or the kid keeper Leutwiler(Swiss/cdn) actually get swayed by this? I know we all,  um most,.um some of us are doing backflips of joy, but will this actaully get us some momentum in regards to dual nationals?  Did Akindele, Aird coming influence Hoilett?  Very interesting.  

#CANADAWC18

Lots of us have different opinions about this matter, I don't think any one person represents everyone's attitude to this situation.  It's a pretty unique one.

Frankly, spoken like a newer follower that wasn't around last cycle or other years of frustration.  Which is weird, cuz you were watching all last cycle.  Those posters aren't jokes.  The mixed feelings are real, because where were you when we needed you, and why now when your club career is failing?  Dude, let's be honest, most of us are thinking right now that if he was still in the Premier League with great reviews this wouldn't have happened.

That said, we are all trying to get over it and welcome him aboard, because he HAS chosen us, and that puts him solidly WITH us...but with mixed feelings wondering what would have happened had he actually been a star.  Would he have tried to have been another hogreaves?  Probably.

I'd argue we have players in our lineup who may not have had Canada as their 1st choice either.  So be it.

As someone who watched closely and postedd during the 2014, 2010 and 2006 cycles, I want to say that my attitude towatds this is more in line with JG's, not with yours. Just because someone is happy to see him suit up doesn't necessarily mean they are speaking like a "new follower".

I was around during the JDG2 hype and frusturation, the Bunbury hype and frusturation, the Begovi....you get my point.

I would have loved to see him suit up last cycle when we were so close but I have long moved on. For whatever the reason it wasn't time for him, who am I to judge.

The reality is that we are getting a player who is still 25 years old. My perspective is that since he held out for so long, he must really be clear that this is what he wants. That is better than someone like Cavallini jumping in and then pulling out, isn't it?

I predict we have ZERO commitment issues with Hoilett from here on in. 

And I welcome him with open arms!

GO CANADA!!!

Whatever consists of someone being a "new follower"...I don't know....but I started following Canada and became an active fan in 2008 when a lot of my friends and guys who I used to play with were coming into the picture. However,  I don't mean to sound offensive but you sound like a bitter female who got flopped on for a date with Junior. JH was NEVVEEERRR going to be the answer for qualifying in 2010( age 18-20), nor would he for the 2014 (age 21-23). So to say "where were you when we needed you" is almost like saying "if we had him earlier we would've been at the world cup by now". Hypothetical shit, that bares no merit especially when we've had known issues with the CSA......Trust me, I share your underlying pain.... I just don't agree with the flack he has gotten for saying "I want to focus on my club career". It nots like he went to a USA camp, and trained to see the experience (we gladly accepted with open arms the guy who did that). But, I agree with you that if he was still in the premier league this wouldn't be happening. But the reality is.... it happens with all young players who play in the English system, and are eligible to play for England(Grealish - Ireland, Sterling - Jamaica, Zaha - Ivory Coast, ect) who are looking at the complete picture of being a successful footballer, and not just a patriotic one. Were just lucky he wasn't that good enough to get called up, or else he would be probably cap tied.

Edited by Jahinho Guerro

#CANADAWC18

Pretty sure one could have both those opinions at the same time.

I'll welcome and whoever else declares for us today. Better late than never.

First of all I have to say I'm a little surprised, like many others I never expected him to suit up for Canada! The cynic in me wonders about the timing, is it to get some exposure because his club career is failing and he is out of contract at the end of this season, maybe he will explain this! The realist in me doesn't expect much from him, he has flattered to deceive in almost 4 seasons at QPR and no one on this board has seen him more than this QPR fan! Could he be a good addition, of course, we are thin in talent in certain positions, maybe all positions so hopefully he comes in with the right attitude and helps us out by playing to his supposed potential!

To the cynics: let it go and enjoy! No need to carry around that frusturation in the form of cynicism any longer. 

As for the timing, perhaps he wanted to come on board before the true test of WCQ arrives? Just as plausable as a theory that says he is joining to showcase himself in the midst of a four-season slump at QPR. 

Didn't realize the CMNT was such a massive platform where players can garner interest from big clubs :) 

#compliment2theCMNT