The Importance of Jr. Hoilett

Tuscan

As someone who watched closely and postedd during the 2014, 2010 and 2006 cycles, I want to say that my attitude towatds this is more in line with JG's, not with yours. Just because someone is happy to see him suit up doesn't necessarily mean they are speaking like a "new follower".

That's fair, and I follow and respect your opinion like most.  I just prefer when me and my friends' opinions are not referred to as "y'all are jokes".  Entitled to our opinions as well, in fairness.

However,  I don't mean to sound offensive but you sound like a bitter female who got flopped on for a date with Junior.

I don't mean to sound offensive, but hold on while I say something offensive.  Anyways, the rest of your post was fairly measured.  I apologize if I came across as rude earlier, it wasn't intentional.  Again, I realize it was all hypothetical, but I think you ignored the part where I said that those of us that feel that way will try to get over it and welcome him aboard, because it's the right thing to do?  Because I did say that as well, did I not?

I just don't agree with the flack he has gotten for saying "I want to focus on my club career".

It's just that we have heard that song and dance before, and I don't mean to say that Hoilett was NECESSARILY holding out for other better options, but Jono was also "focusing on his club career".  As were others.  So usually when we hear that, what we think is "if nothing comes along that is better than Canada".  That is the main reason for the angst.  Since he is now playing for Canada, one COULD say that he was being legit all this time, but in my heart and the heart of many others who share my mixed feelings...we don't really think that this is genuine and we do think he was holding out for other options and treating Canada like a "backup choice."  And since his club career is not sparkling, as zeelaw hinted at, it was finally time for Plan B.

I just hope that he doesn't focus on Canada the same way he focused on his club career, I'd rather he played better than that for us.  That minor burn aside, I will attempt to join you in cheering for him, as I will for anyone who dons the red.  Why?  Because I do believe in patriotic feelings.  Most of the others that feel the same as me are homer Canadians too lol.  So yes, we do get a little butthurt for holdouts, and will continue to do so.  But in a free country, I think that is our prerogative, is it not?

Is all I'm saying helping explain my feelings better? 

Anyway, I'm going to end by saying this.

ABOUT BLOODY TIME, and I hope that calling someone that was holding out for so long does not cause others to feel it is a good idea to hold out and wait for other options!  Because if that happens all the time, our program will go nowhere! 

in fact I hope the opposite happens, as I said in an earlier post, and it causes more holdouts to finally flip the switch, and deepen our pool.  I truly hope this is a catalyst, and I will welcome Hoilett and all, and never shall players HOLD OUT again

Edited by madmonte

There is nothing hypocritical about that statment. Stop making shit up.

Hoilett is telling Canadian supporters to come support the team, despite the fact that he hasn't supported the team one bit until half an hour ago.

If he's here for the long haul, fantastic! My viewpoint on him will change. Until then, we have a reason to be skeptical.

It's definitely a good thing.  But I FULLY agree with Zeelaw and Shermanator.  You shouldn't stay off the team for 8 years and then say to people we need you to come out and be fans.  It's like, we've been there, but where were you?  There's definitely some hypocrisy in that.

Look at the bigger picture.  Holier is poising himself for a big $ contract at TFC down the line.  If he committed to anyone else he wouldn't have that option and he's obviously seen the $ MLSE are throwing around.

He has also said in the past that he wants to play for Toronto. If he does not get the Canadian fan's support then MLSE will not see the value in paying him.

Look at the bigger picture.  Holier is poising himself for a big $ contract at TFC down the line.  If he committed to anyone else he wouldn't have that option and he's obviously seen the $ MLSE are throwing around.

And this would also be a good thing. A Canadian positioning himself to play on a Canadian team...

Let's be happy for good things.

It's definitely a good thing.  But I FULLY agree with Zeelaw and Shermanator.  You shouldn't stay off the team for 8 years and then say to people we need you to come out and be fans.  It's like, we've been there, but where were you?  There's definitely some hypocrisy in that.

That's not aimed at us.

There are thousands of empty seats at these games...

And this would also be a good thing. A Canadian positioning himself to play on a Canadian team...

Oh I'm happy, just not about the fact that it's been so long coming.  If Montego Bay had money to throw around I'm sure he would be playing for Jamaica.

Lloyd Barker@lloydbarker11 7m7 minutes ago

Lloyd Barker Retweeted James Covey FC

Jr. Hoilett does not need team Canada. Team Canada needs Jr. Hoilett. It really is as simple as that.

Jason deVos@jasondevos 5m5 minutes ago

.@lloydbarker11 It used to be an honour to represent one's country; now, it is simply a matter of professional convenience?

Didn't realize the CMNT was such a massive platform where players can garner interest from big clubs :) 

#compliment2theCMNT

Oohhh you didnt know, your ass better call someboddyy.

To many supporters act is if Canada is in the position to turn down any players at any cost. 

Shit, if Cavalini wants to come back.....open arms for me. Why? To deepen our pool in the hope of finally making the Hex, nevermind the WC.

Edited by Jahinho Guerro

Right.  All is cool.  Bitterness slowly fading.  (no sarcasm here, taking deep breaths for real).  

That's not aimed at us.

There are thousands of empty seats at these games...

Okay.  That said, I think zeelaw is rightfully of the mind that a statement like "come and support" means more from someone who has been there for the team thick and thin.  So yeah, while it's not aimed at us, that doesn't necessarily mitigate the hypocrisy.  

I'm feeling a little better lol

Edited by madmonte

Telling us to support the team when he's done shit all?  He's talking like a player who has been around and is urging us to come out and support the team because they need us.

You have no idea what he has or hasn't done. For all you know he has been defending Canadian soccer in the UK for years. Would seem plausable as he is a Canadian and is a TFC supporter (on record).

Saying he hasn't done shit all to support theCanadian national team because he hasn't committed to play for them until now is one of the best examples of making shit up.

Oh I'm happy, just not about the fact that it's been so long coming.  If Montego Bay had money to throw around I'm sure he would be playing for Jamaica.

Ummm lets be real, Jamaica is currently better than us, and also have better players in the pipeline. Some of these comments are a borderline defamation of character. I have never heard Hoillett talk about going where the money is internationally....so why are we making these ludicrous comments?