2024 CanPL attendance

9 hours ago, CDNFootballer said:

In the end, and as a last comment on this, the official attendance was 7395. This is the tickets distributed number which is what pro league's use by and large, not turnstile....

All fine and good so far. The problem with Saturday's Forge game is how they could distribute 7395 tickets when at most there only appear to have been around 5700 seats made available for ticketing, if all 30 luxury suites are in use for Forge games, which is a big if. There is no indication on Ticketmaster that standing room only tickets are being issued so trying to factor in that angle is a red herring. When this sort of thing starts to happen the credibility and usefulness for analysis of the announced number sinks to zero. Bear that in mind if, as I strongly suspect will happen, York United start announcing massively increased attendance over the next few weeks.  

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

Who let the parrot out? Who? Who? Who? Who? Who?

Who let the parrot out? Who? Who? Who? Who? Who?

I guess the other attendance thread focused on the metaphysical meaning of attendance is not going to contain this crap. 

2 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

All fine and good so far. The problem with Saturday's Forge game is how they could distribute 7395 tickets when at most there only appear to have been around 5700 seats made available for ticketing, if all 30 luxury suites are in use for Forge games, which is a big if. There is no indication on Ticketmaster that standing room only tickets are being issued so trying to factor in that angle is a red herring. When this sort of thing starts to happen the credibility and usefulness for analysis of the announced number sinks to zero. Bear that in mind if, as I strongly suspect will happen, York United start announcing massively increased attendance over the next few weeks.  

Mods pls move these posts to the appropriate thread.

^^^it should be noted that I started a separate thread on this topic but a moderator decided to merge the two threads that had been started at that point on CanPL attendance. That means this is now every bit as much the thread I started as the thread Kingston started so this is the appropriate thread based on the actions of that moderator. I am respecting the decision that was made by that moderator. I suggest that other posters do the same and learn to be able to deal with perspectives they disagree with in an emotionally mature adult and respectful manner.

2 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

^^^let's not forget this is the individual who took it upon himself to campaign to have the two threads merged and hence helped to create this situation.

You are the one posting shit nobody wants to see. Not me.

Maybe you should take some time and have some inner reflection. Why are you so polarizing? Why are you obsessed with tearing down the CPL?

Edited by narduch

44 minutes ago, narduch said:

You are the one posting shit nobody wants to see. Not me.

Maybe you should take some time and have some inner reflection. Why are you so polarizing? Why are you obsessed with tearing down the CPL?

You know he tried to start a "pessimist club" but then he thought "no it will never work".😄

^^^it should be noted that I started a separate thread on this topic but a moderator decided to merge the two threads that had been started at that point on CanPL attendance. That means this is now every bit as much the thread I started as the thread Kingston started so this is the appropriate thread based on the actions of that moderator. I am respecting the decision that was made by that moderator. I suggest that other posters do the same and learn to be able to deal with perspectives they disagree with in an emotionally mature adult and respectful manner.

The other thread is now open and has been left up.  As a courtesy, how about we all try separating discussion of the attendance (this thread) from discussion about the validity of the attendance numbers (other thread)?  It's not about perspectives with which people disagree but rather about two separate topics.

3 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

^^^it should be noted that I started a separate thread on this topic but a moderator decided to merge the two threads that had been started at that point on CanPL attendance.

And I will note that it was a horrible mistake by the moderator. They aren't infallible.

There's no fucking way Revenue Canada gives a shit about what number is used in marketing. The don't care about number of tickets, at all. They care about number of dollars, times the tax rate. 

Edited by Tigers

Has VanFC found a way to cut out Ticketmaster? Are they the Pearl Jam of the CPL?  I've neve heard of Show pass, but I don't go out much.

Kudos to them if they have evaded Ticketmonster's greedy claws.

6 hours ago, Watchmen said:

I'm interested to see what tonight's attendance is for Vancouver. Thursday night game is a bit rough.

I predict a historic low, hope I'm wrong. This should've been a $5 beer night, last years was one of the better attended games. I'll be there regardless of course.

No more league weekday games after this at least.

Edited by CDNFootballer

11 minutes ago, shermanator said:

Attendance for Vancouver vs Halifax - 2702

NGL, attendances for VFC do worry a bit. Especially since they now appear to be good...

Its admitedly early in the season so by all means, lets them give them some time to build momentum in their community but we can't have another York United, even if they aren't quite as bad as them when it come to the numbers.

Will leave people to draw their own conclusions about how close the actual crowd was to the announced 41% of capacity based on what was visible on showpass pregame and in the highlights. It should be blindingly obvious. One thing I noted about this VFC game is that it is the first time I have seen most of the side opposite the cameras on general sale on showpass, while the cheaper end sections of the camera side seemed to have more green dots than usual relative to what appeared in year one to be where the bulk of the season tickets sales were. Not sure what that means in big picture terms but they definitely appear to be making some changes on who goes where. Looks like there is now one section on the camera side reserved for group sales.

Will leave people to draw their own conclusions about how close the actual crowd was to the announced 41% of capacity based on what was visible on showpass pregame and in the highlights. It should be blindingly obvious. One thing I noted about this VFC game is that it is the first time I have seen most of the side opposite the cameras on general sale on showpass, while the cheaper end sections of the camera side seemed to have more green dots than usual relative to what appeared in year one to be where the bulk of the season tickets sales were. Not sure what that means in big picture terms but they definitely appear to be making some changes on who goes where. Looks like there is now one section on the camera side reserved for group sales.

Wrong thread

On 4/18/2024 at 10:15 AM, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

You need to respect the decision that the moderator made. This is now as much the thread I started as the thread you started. I will not respond further to you on this point.

The moderators have changed their decision.

I have been outspoken about the need for people to accept views they disagree with and be civil.  I have discouraged name calling.  I have replied respectfully to points you have raised even when you have repeated them.

There are now two threads for two different topics.  I don't know why the moderators initially merged the one you started but it has been replaced.  Consider it a recognition of what you initially intended.

If, having been provided with a thread for a topic that is very important to you, you continue to post about that topic in this thread despite requests not to, then I can only conclude that you are deliberately trolling.  I see no reason why you would want to do that when, again, there is a thread dedicated to the specific topic you want to discuss.

1 hour ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Why don't you change the name of the other thread into whatever you want and discuss whatever you want there? As the opening poster you should be able to do that. 

Seriously, mate.  Grow up.  You wanted your own thread to critique attendance figures.  You got it but it’s not this one…..at least not anymore. Do you seriously want to have someone have to start another thread for attendance figures and then have someone else change the name of this one to critiquing attendance figures so you get some hollow victory out of it.  How old are you?  Do you get some joy from that?  Some tiny emotion win. What happened to you as a child to make you this way?  I am sure that if you persist this is what will happen.  If that is what it takes to get you some joy out of life, well done and then go back to your miserable life in the real world.  

Went to the VFC game last night, was happily wrong about predicting a historic low crowd for the weekday game.

By the time it filled in 30 minutes after kickoff, was thinking over 2k for sure on the unreliable eyeballing. Ads in the local newspapers apparently this year (this weeks anyway), hope it continues, increase in marketing and visibility for the team is key this year to increasing attendance.