Atlético Ottawa - 2023 Season Thread

9 hours ago, narduch said:

They're going into the mountains north of as Madrid as in previous years, El Espinar. Snowed up there this past week, as we saw with Valladolid.

That's well over a thousand metres above sea level. It's going to be cold, below zero, most mornings.

We've had cool temperatures and little rain in Spain this year.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

5 hours ago, narduch said:

Pretty cool.

Very good result, though I imagine Sanse played some subs. 1RFEF is a much higher third tier than ever before in Spain, now there are only two divisions instead of 4, so this is a strong level to be matching, regardless of who played.

Goals by Malcolm Shaw and trialist Walker. Played at the San Sebastián de los Reyes stadium in north Madrid.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

3 hours ago, jordan said:

That's against the Real Madrid B team, RM Castilla, in Spanish 3rd tier, coached by Raul González Blanco. Zidane's son plays for them. Raul could be in line for the first team job as he's been with the B for a few years now.

Hard to judge how things went if you don't have a match report, don't know which Castilla players were in the mix.

1 hour ago, red card said:

They're rebranding OSU's PLSQ teams as OSU Atletico and will wear the red/white stripes. 

I like that a lot. Local partner.  And Means they have two levels of reserve teams and there is a clear pathway to the first team.  Perhaps its a model for some of the other CPL sides to follow in the League 1s

7 hours ago, An Observer said:

I like that a lot. Local partner.  And Means they have two levels of reserve teams and there is a clear pathway to the first team.  Perhaps its a model for some of the other CPL sides to follow in the League 1s

Valour do something similar, although I prefer this model. In Valour's defence though, there isn't really a League1 level league in Manitoba. One would assume that this is also Ottawa's way of operating without a dedicated reserve side.