Pacific FC - 2023 Season Thread

13 hours ago, tovan1 said:

^^^doesn't sound quite as good as the tweet I recently posted on the stadium expansion.

...Beirne said the club would discuss plans with the City of Langford and the newly elected council in the future, but would likely use some of the mobile bleachers they already have on-site at the stadium come the new season.

“In the coming months, the newly elected council will review concept plans and budget for the proposed stadium expansion and will make a decision during the 2023 budget approval process,” a city spokesperson said in a statement.

40 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

^^^doesn't sound quite as good as the tweet I recently posted on the stadium expansion.

...Beirne said the club would discuss plans with the City of Langford and the newly elected council in the future, but would likely use some of the mobile bleachers they already have on-site at the stadium come the new season.

“In the coming months, the newly elected council will review concept plans and budget for the proposed stadium expansion and will make a decision during the 2023 budget approval process,” a city spokesperson said in a statement.

True, seems they may be reconsidering the expense of an entire new east-side stand. Perhaps looking at attendance, not sure. 

My feeling is that if you build it, they'll come. If you can expand a few thousand even, and not with some tinny contraption, then you can tier your pricing better. You can draw fans into cheaper sections without that meaning such a high % of total gate. If anything, Langford is missing more seats near the centre line.

6 hours ago, Pottsy3 said:

Bring Simon Thomas home, he might match his career professional starts through two CPL seasons.

Sean Melvin might be the more likely option.

Simon Thomas would be cool. Remember when this team was almost entirely players from Vancouver... now I think Gazdov is our last player from the lower mainland?

Edited by Aird25

On 12/8/2022 at 9:58 PM, yothat2 said:

he must not be very good lol 

Who, Simon Thomas? He has a lot of experience in Norway. If you mean Gazdov, I think they’re high on him, but he’s young. Our Vancouver players have just been scattered around Canada and abroad in recent years, but I’d guess a few more find their way to Vancouver FC soon 

Edited by Aird25

• 2 weeks later...