Pacific FC - 2023 Season Thread

• MM3/MM2/MM changed the title to Pacific FC - 2023 Season Thread

I expect Pacific to make a big splash this offseason. Too many big losses last year without recuperating much.

These guys might not perfectly fit the team's need but here are some of the island-based/born players who are available as contracts end/they graduate:

Simon Thomas: not really a need in net, but I've always hoped the Victoria-born netminder would make the move home.

Callum Montgomery: Sat on the Minnesota bench all season with no minutes. Had some stints in Next Pro, but he has to be mostly frustrated with his lack of playing time since being picked highly in the MLS SuperDraft.

Michael Henman - Victoria-based striker who led USPORTS in scoring this season and was named Canada West player of the year.

I'm guessing Adam Straith is unofficially retired, but he still seems to be kicking around the island and not with a club.

Shame about Mavila, he is solid. Could be needing a completely brand new set of full backs this off season. He could also count as a domestic player next year if another CPL team picks him up, per Northern Tribune:

'Should a new CPL club pick up Mavila, it’s worth noting that he’s on track to secure permanent residency next year, which would see him count as a domestic athlete in the league’s roster rules.'

https://northerntribune.ca/pacific-fc-mavila-ricci-leave/

I don't think either are a massive loss on the pitch, but it sounds like Nate was great in the locker room and with fans. He's solid enough that I think we maybe could have kept him as a depth piece. 

Is there a roster tracker for this offseason? I don't have a clue who's signed for next year, and who's contracts are up. 

7 hours ago, sandman said:

im surprised Pacific FC can afford this. Believe he was on 50k USD at MLS Next pro. 

That's about $66,000 CAD. If a team is spending near the cap this season, I would expect them to have multiple guys upwards of that number. I'd expect Bustos/Didic and maybe even Aparicio to be the highest paid on the team and Ongaro to be right behind that group.   If spending to the $1.125million cap, the average salary carries nearly $49,000 CAD.