Class of 2008

MM3/MM2/MM

38 minutes ago, Footyeh said:

Disappointing performance from the players.  I would say this is a good moment to highlight the importance of more camps and matches before arriving at these tournaments but the boys today were just simply out worked/hustled.  No excuses for that.

Such a lack of urgency in the first half, when it could have been there for us. We are clearly more skilled. Haiti just sat back with 11 behind the ball and let us pass it backwards and sideways. When we did go forward, there was potential just not enough push. There is tons of talent on this team. 

This is U-15. Not much to project. At this age, athleticism, especially on a crap field, can override skill & technical ability. We were outworked big time. Haiti looked like they  could run at full tilt for the entire game. I was really impressed with their #10 though. Very talented and industrious on both sides of the ball. 

Edited by Kadenge

• 3 months later...
On 8/8/2023 at 2:22 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Did not realise that, just looked, Andre Ali-Gayapersad. He must have a European passport or parents living in Spain. I see he regularly started with his club this past season and scored 5 in nearly 30 appearances.

https://www.fcf.cat/acta/2223/futbol-11/preferent-cadet/grup-4/pc/damm-cf-b/pc/lhospitalet-centre-esports-a

That was the team last season, the CF Damm u-16 B team. Run through the foundation of the beer company Estrella Damm and around since the 1950s, it is an only-youth academy, kids have to find another place to play after u-19 ends. Probably the best in Spain of its kind, has produced many pros and players are regularly recruited by the top Liga club academies, especially in Catalonia. Now it is starting to produce quality female youth. They also regularly feature on Spain youth NT rosters. Maybe the best known now active is Gerard Moreno the Villareal striker.

They used to have rather basic turf field in the upper reaches of the city, now they are doing a new stadium and facility on Montjuic, with a swim club by the same name up that mountain, near the Olympic stadium (I live nearby). It was supposed to open this year. Here's an article in English related:

https://johancruyffinstitute.com/en/latest-news/the-sports-city-of-fundacion-damm/

CF Damm is probably right now the fourth or fifth best academy for development in Catalonia.

The CF Damm u-16 A team is in the top national division, and I see they are listing him on the roster for the A, with only 13 others so far (the roster is clearly not complete yet). That is a high accomplishment, they could have dropped him as they probably did with a few of his B teammates. It would put him into an elite level of play this year.

Really surprised, if someone can tell me where he's from or how he got onto the Damm team, I'd appreciate it.

Edit: here's the registered Cadet A (u16) roster with the Catalan federation, their season starts in mid September

https://www.fcf.cat/equip/2324/hc/damm-cf-a

Update: he's started 4 of 10 matches for the Damm CF u-16 first team. Usually as a striker, one game as a mid. No goals so far. The team is midtable, this weekend they won 3-0 with him starting up high.

I did not check if he's played for their u-16 B team.

• 2 months later...

On 1/27/2024 at 7:42 PM, phresh said:

15 year-old Sergei Kozlovskiy started the first half in Montreal's friendly against Minnesota United

Good player, IMO could struggle physically/athletically moving forward.  You can tell by his body in person he's filled out muscularly and he's not that tall.  Could mask it playing him on the Left side of a Back 3 system.  He doesn't have much speed either to compensate. 

3 hours ago, Footyeh said:

Good player, IMO could struggle physically/athletically moving forward.  You can tell by his body in person he's filled out muscularly and he's not that tall.  Could mask it playing him on the Left side of a Back 3 system.  He doesn't have much speed either to compensate. 

Crazy thing is that the 3 best CB prospects IMO in this upcoming u17 group are all left-footed (Chukwu, Kozlovskiy, Kapor).

11 hours ago, Footyeh said:

He should grow bit more, if he was 17 I’d be worried. I guess they loan him out this year.

9 hours ago, AnonymousInsider said:

Crazy thing is that the 3 best CB prospects IMO in this upcoming u17 group are all left-footed (Chukwu, Kozlovskiy, Kapor).

Stefanovic is left foot too no? Not U17, but those guys will all be competing for the same spot.

On 1/28/2024 at 11:26 AM, Dominic94 said:

Dam, heard he’s highly rated but I won’t lie I’m surprised they were willing to give minutes to a kid that young.

Montreal subbed their entire lineup at half and made a few additional subs too. Even Jesse Saputo got run.

If Kozlovskiy looks like he filled out as a slower/shorter guy with a lot of strength- how does he compare to Sam Piette? That’s the first name I think of with that profile. 

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

If Kozlovskiy looks like he filled out as a slower/shorter guy with a lot of strength- how does he compare to Sam Piette? That’s the first name I think of with that profile. 

He reminds me exactly of what Piette was around this age and I played against Piette so I have a good idea haha.  Very stocky.  Usually with young players, you get an idea of if or how much they will grow based on how filled out their legs are.

11 minutes ago, Footyeh said:

He reminds me exactly of what Piette was around this age and I played against Piette so I have a good idea haha.  Very stocky.  Usually with young players, you get an idea of if or how much they will grow based on how filled out their legs are.

That’s good to know, solid baseline to at least have a nice career with CF Montreal. Piette is 5’7 I think, and Transfermarkt has Kozlovskiy at 180 cm which is like 5’11. Would you say that’s accurate? If he reminds you this much of Piette I assume his height is way over what it actually is, but a taller Piette could be an interesting player. 

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

That’s good to know, solid baseline to at least have a nice career with CF Montreal. Piette is 5’7 I think, and Transfermarkt has Kozlovskiy at 180 cm which is like 5’11. Would you say that’s accurate? If he reminds you this much of Piette I assume his height is way over what it actually is, but a taller Piette could be an interesting player. 

Thing with Kozlovskiy is he’s never played midfield before, so you don’t know if he’ll be comfortable not seeing the whole field when he has the ball. He may, or may not, and he’s still young enough where he can develop that, but from what I’ve seen of him he’s really a pure CB, even if he’s 5’11 which I would say is pretty accurate (maybe 5’10), but I’ve only seen him once on the field a little while ago. I think him as a full-back is interesting because I don’t think he’s that slow, but I don’t know how good he’d be going forward. It’s not like he showed at Concacaf U-15 a need to get forward with the ball. He’s also a great tackler so even if he’s on the shorter side I’d still say he can play CB at the next level.