HFX Wanderers - 2022 Season Thread

Big_M

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bent didn't quite have the same impact as 2020 but really glad he is sticking around. Thought he would be off to the UK to join his dad after the Island games. 

Retained a good core there another quality CM, couple of Wingers, CB and Full back cover and they are set. Garcia surely can't stink up the joint two years in a row can he?

I'm somewhat neutral on the Salter situation, I like the way he plays, bigger body up front but needs to finish better in 2022 than he did in 2021.

I thought Marshall looked ok at times last season but finished the season poorly, not sure how much injury factored into this, I think there's some upside there.

We need the PEI bubble Garcia back, if he can find that form again then I think this will prove to be a good move.

The one that jumps out at me the most is Santos, he's a bit slow at times and I don't think he's going to get any quicker ☺️.  I didn't think he'd be back 🤷‍♂️.

Disclaimer:  I don't consider my scouting abilities to be any higher than the average joe so I'm ready to be called incorrect on all my observations.  

Fantastic pedigree, former Real Madrid academy coach and recent understudy of Rafa Benitez. Also good to hear he's enthusiastic about the city and club. Probably no coincidence he's coming from a club based in a lesser-known, but football-mad city in China to a similar situation in Halifax. Obviously a good candidate to succeed Hart once he decides to retire, as toontownman says.

Was reading this long interview in Spanish, apply translate. He's a really interesting guy. 

https://futboldebanquillo.com/cafe-y-charla-con-alex-dorado/?v=6351aefd1e5e

It's from 3 years ago, talks about Bielsa, Mourinho, Zidane, Pep, Pochettino... and especially coaching kids. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist