HFX Wanderers - 2022 Season Thread

Big_M

46 minutes ago, red card said:

CTV interview with Derek Martin - looks like they looking to get Canada's women rugby team onboard in HFX's quest for a better stadium.

https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=2419218&binId=1.1145518&playlistPageNum=1&

The Wanderers Grounds is such a great location.  It doesn’t seem like they could turn it into a permanent spot unless the museum gave up their parking lot along with the Bengal Lancers and the Lawn Bowlers.

I wonder if they could fit something on the Garrison Grounds, better yet, let’s use the top of Citadel Hill… don’t mind me I’m day dreaming 😁

Edited by Lurker

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

In all serious, wish him all the best.  Will be interesting to see how Hart deals with this. Perhaps Daniels can fit the role (he looked dangerous against York) or we change the formation entirely.  The lack of a tall man who can put the ball in the net is a gap imo.

3 minutes ago, Big_M said:

hes under contract for 2023 so they will take care of him for sure...international slot gets opened so interesting...maybe they bring someone as good or better

Do you know how this works from a salary cap perspective?  

After a great start at York I’m worried for Halifax this season. The young fullbacks look promising and Daniels is a fine player but they were so toothless without Morelli last year. Really hoping they add another attacking piece or two with pedigree. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just because HFX are playing Guelph United on Tuesday....

Result and details of the Saturday May 7/22 L1O game between Pro Stars FC and Guelph United played at Victoria Park in Brampton. Includes post game interview with Guelph co-head coach Keith Mason. next foe HFX Wanderers in the Canadian Championships !! http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports22/22l1o012.htm

This may be a silly question but is it possible to get tix (resale or otherwise) to the HFX vs TFC game next week?  I am thinking about at PEI > NS road trip but (unsurprisingly) tickets seem to be sold out.   I suspect I am out of luck, and not even sure I can swing it with my work schedule, but I figured I would at least find out more about the ticketing situation before going too far down the rabbit hole because the whole idea may be an impossibility.   

Edited by dyslexic nam

14 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

This may be a silly question but is it possible to get tix (resale or otherwise) to the HFX vs TFC game next week?  I am thinking about at PEI > NS road trip but (unsurprisingly) tickets seem to be sold out.   I suspect I am out of luck, and not even sure I can swing it with my work schedule, but I figured I would at least find out more about the ticketing situation before going too far down the rabbit hole because the whole idea may be an impossibility.   

I see a re-sale available right now in The Kitchen, just one ticket though!

I think this is a keep checking situation on Ticketmaster… resales are definitely showing up.