HFX Wanderers - 2022 Season Thread

Big_M

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

No knowledge of the lads, but I enjoy Halifax, certainly my second favourite team, the fanbase are what I would love to see everywhere in Canada. As mentioned, a couple of diamonds for CanPL have emerged from Quabec. Such a shame a local CanPL team hasn't emerged. Certainly the talent exists beneath Montreal.

Maybe a lateral move but its still a success for the league.  A 20 year old playing L10 has managed to keep playing, do well and turn it into a USL-C gig for hopefully a decent pay day.  He probably never rises to CMNT level but we keep a lot more guys like him in the game and you never know which one will blossom.  Good on Yallop for bringing him in.  Nice to hear this and not the doom and gloom, so and so retired at 25 to become a fireman or an arborist.  

Derek Martin is answering questions from supports on a daily basis - some good insight around a lack of loan players, the stadium situation (modular was just a proof of concept - permanent is in the works), what they focused on for the kick-off season (fan experience and stadium situation) and some shortfalls they've learned from based on the results of the 2019 season. 

4 minutes ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Looks like the HFX weekly Wednesday (today at 2PM) announcement will be about capacity expansion of the stadium and not a player signing.    I think 3 of their last 5 weekly announcements have been administrative and not player signings.  Or maybe both?

Really? The graphic on twitter sure looked like an outline of the Colorado Rapids logo, and today they followed it with a tweet using a four leaf clover. Hence all of the speculation about former Notre Dame Irish and current Colorado Rapids midfielder, Mohamed Omar. Hopefully both.

Edited by Pottsy3

8 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

Really? The graphic on twitter sure looked like an outline of the Colorado Rapids logo, and today they followed it with a tweet using a four leaf clover. Hence all of the speculation about former Notre Dame Irish and current Colorado Rapids midfielder, Mohamed Omar. Hopefully both.

You are correct definitely a player signing and looks like Omar will be the player.   I think capacity increase will be part of this weeks or next weeks announcement.

I didn't realized Colorado did not retain him, what a signing! I think between this and Daniels, HFX has made some sneaky good moves to improve their long term quality. The atmosphere created by Halifax is clearly becoming a sought-after destination for Canadian talent, a barrier they had faced at the start of year one.

Poking around Ticketmaster for fun, it looks like there aren't a lot of available season tickets left in the 100 sections.  If they do expand the seating I can't wait to see where they would do it.  I don't think they can go any higher.  There's an opportunity to repurpose some of the table / box seating under the scoreboard on the Summer Street side, that seems to be the most logical spot to expand.  Exciting times for the boys in blue.

P.S. Great news about Omar.