Match Thread: CONCACAF League - Semi-Final - Leg 1: Forge FC v CD Motagua (Honduras) - November 24, 2021

Although Forge are the most hated team amongst all but our fans what they have done is impressive and is certainly good from a league perspective, the Concacaf League matches have been some of the best nights at THF! I think the success of Forge should really translate to other spots in the competition for other CPL teams, when we first entered this I feared Forge could get run over by some of these teams but that hasn't been the case at all so far!

7 minutes ago, gator said:

Although Forge are the most hated team amongst all but our fans what they have done is impressive and is certainly good from a league perspective, the Concacaf League matches have been some of the best nights at THF! I think the success of Forge should really translate to other spots in the competition for other CPL teams, when we first entered this I feared Forge could get run over by some of these teams but that hasn't been the case at all so far!

Wait...I think you forgot about Calgary?? 😈

Just home from the match, what a turn of events as this Honduran side looked like they couldn't be broken down by a Forge side who weren't at their best tonight! The first goal was after Krutzen went off injured and 10 men Forge didn't deal with things well at all and some bad marking lead to the 2nd , Forge looked down and out but didn't give up and some how came away with the tie still alive! We were already debating whether Forge should field a weakened side in the away leg and not risk anyone for the CPL final but this isn't over, tbh this team didn't show much going forward but pounced on mistakes at opportune times, their Honduran National team defenders looked unbeatable until the end! I look forward to the match in Honduras next week now!