Match Thread: CONCACAF League - Semi-Final - Leg 1: Forge FC v CD Motagua (Honduras) - November 24, 2021

21 minutes ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Most of it, also thought he was very weak in the last Champion's league match. 

As someone who has watched virtually every minute that Forge has played I can't agree with you at all, he is a solid LB and when he missed a few games it became clear how valulable he is, of course every player has his poor moments and last night he didn't look good on the goal when he was in the middle of the pitch, he is not very tall! I think he more than made up for it with his cool finish deep in to added time which keeps this tie alive! 

Kwame plays best when he has a winger on the left that he can overlap with. Nanco hasn't really looked like himself the last month or so, and I don't think he helped Kwame much on the outside. 

I know some casuals might think this is bold given some of his flashy moments, but I honestly think our weakest link at times in Omar Browne. He plays a selfish game at times, and I think it's led to us trying to do too much in the final third and never fucking shooting the ball. Seriously, for the amount of possession we have in the other teams half we do not nearly put the ball on target enough. Great player but I think he inspires some poor habits.

Edited by Pottsy3

Fabulous win last night for Forge! Regarding Kwame, I don't think he's been playing his best for a few games now. But, he's still a starter for Forge and a key part of their team. I do have a soft spot for Kwame as he was on a zoom call with my son's U12 team in 2020. Our family were all on the call and decked out in Forge gear. I know he was (pleasantly) surprised as we're in Barrie (140 km from Hamilton). He was quite inspirational on the call.