WCQ: Third Round - Window 1 (September 2-8, 2021)

Shway

14 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Half of the teams in the Octagonal would be on the Red List at that point (Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama and Jamaica).  Jamaica would clearly be the hardest hit if they can’t get their England based players - very unfortunate for them.

The UK should put itself on its red list

6 minutes ago, jtpc said:

With the 3-match windows, we were already thinking squad depth would be vital for success, but when you add the potential layer of travel restrictions on top of the 3-match windows, it's even more important.

If Honduras is still without Elis and Quioto, and Jamaica is unable to get their England-based players, we could be in a really nice position right out of the gate with 2 home wins.

Elis is out, Quioto has been called up. 

6 minutes ago, jtpc said:

With the 3-match windows, we were already thinking squad depth would be vital for success, but when you add the potential layer of travel restrictions on top of the 3-match windows, it's even more important.

If Honduras is still without Elis and Quioto, and Jamaica is unable to get their England-based players, we could be in a really nice position right out of the gate with 2 home wins.

Will our UK based players be allowed to go to Jamaica in October?

58 minutes ago, jtpc said:

For the 2nd home game I thought we were playing El Salvador not Jamaica?

2 hours ago, Cblake said:

Well it just became that much easier for all across Canada to watch the Canada USA game on the 5th, TSN has picked it up.  This will be a great showcase for them. 

image.png.1cebd3526a23fabce9675d1ee9271b3f.png

1 hour ago, narduch said:

They only have the rights to Canada's home WCQ. 

They have to negotiate with each other FA for our road games.

One valid complaint against One Soccer is that they have been advertising that they will have all of Canada's matches. That is obviously not the case. Makes you wonder if TSN will swoop in for others.

They sure have!

Here are a few tweets to reply to:

(I encourage people to reply to them until they give us a straight answer)

As much as I respect OneSoccer's commitment to step up and broadcast #CanMNT & #CanWNT matches when no one else would, I dislike arrogant and presumptuous people.

Like people who claim they have the broadcast rights for matches they don't actually have. It is unprofessional too.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

1 minute ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

They sure have!

As much as I respect OneSoccer's commitment to step up and broadcast #CanMNT & #CanWNT matches when no one else would, I dislike arrogant and presumptuous people.

Like people who claim they have the broadcast rights for matches they don't actually have. It is unprofessional too.

Larson has always been a clown

6 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

They sure have!

Even though I will be in the stadium for the match, I am greatly relieved no one in this country will have to suffer through Wheels over the top call. Even though TSN from my understanding will be showing the US Broadcast, there is no doubt in my mind Davies, David etc will not be ignored. This is great, it will give many more in this country the chance to witness this golden era of soccer Canada is experiencing. 

On 8/23/2021 at 10:50 PM, Cblake said:

Even though I will be in the stadium for the match, I am greatly relieved no one in this country will have to suffer through Wheels over the top call. Even though TSN from my understanding will be showing the US Broadcast, there is no doubt in my mind Davies, David etc will not be ignored. This is great, it will give many more in this country the chance to witness this golden era of soccer Canada is experiencing. 

It also likely means a quality broadcast in French.

Although there is nothing so far on RDS:

https://www.rds.ca/emissions/horaire

And TVA Sport's schedule does not go that far into the future:

https://www.tvasports.ca/television/grille-horaire

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

14 minutes ago, narduch said:

I'm certain they will. 

Hopefully Caldwell won't be doing commentary 

Not sure why you think Caldwell is inferior to Dunfield, but I don't think he's bad at all.  I will say that I would do just about anything to avoid Wheeler's play by play.  In fact, last US-Canada game I deliberately watched the Fox broadcast and it was so much more enjoyable - it was like someone replaced the nails on a blackboard soundtrack with Sinatra.  I suppose it does come down to taste though - it is possible some prefer the former to the latter...

5 hours ago, scullion44 said:

I’m guessing Pulisic wont be travelling for the USA games as he just now is in quarantine with covid? Even if he’s testing negative before then I doubt he’ll travel.

His quarantine ends Aug 30 so he should play.

13 hours ago, narduch said:

One valid complaint against One Soccer is that they have been advertising that they will have all of Canada's matches. That is obviously not the case. Makes you wonder if TSN will swoop in for others.

That is pretty bad by One Soccer. When I purchased my membership I thought I was getting all the games. I still probably would have bought it anyways, but you expect that you’re gonna get what you paid for.

Edit: Typo - put wouldn’t instead of would.

Edited by archer21

44 minutes ago, narduch said:

I never said that.

I just don't like Caldwell as a commentator.

It's a bit of a running joke among TFC fans at this point.

@GasPedI definitely prefer Dunfield over Caldwell. His vocabulary is limited, I feel life I hear the same thing every game. “Massive this, massive that”

Also I’m tired of hearing a British accent. It’s almost like there’s a perception that if they have one…they’ll be more accepted as “they know more”. Now TSN has brought in Kevin fuvking Kilbane- give me a break.

Not sorry I prefer the jobs going to born and raised Canadians. Give ‘em a shot.

Pretty sure Wheeler would have different opinions if he had a British accent.

10 hours ago, narduch said:

My paying the 1 year payment for 14 WCQ games and Gold Cup seems a little less value for my money now. I've been bamboozled. 

14 minutes ago, nazzer said:

My paying the 1 year payment for 14 WCQ games and Gold Cup seems a little less value for my money now. I've been bamboozled. 

Rightfully so. My plan of going month to month makes even more sense now. September and October might not be necessary.