Gareth Wheeler

SpecialK

Gareth Wheeler  

203 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gareth Wheeler be doing the play-by-play for Canada games

• Yes
    • No

Is there a way to at least give us a couple of minutes grace to edit a post without the "edited just now" coming up.  I can understand not wanting people to change their posts to alter the story but shee-it, if you just want to change a typo after 5 seconds...can we have that?  That really gives my OCD some grief.

1 hour ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Is there a way to at least give us a couple of minutes grace to edit a post without the "edited just now" coming up.  I can understand not wanting people to change their posts to alter the story but shee-it, if you just want to change a typo after 5 seconds...can we have that?  That really gives my OCD some grief.

You can put a reason for your edit. Does that not satisfy your OCD? It satisfies me.

48 minutes ago, Kent said:

You can put a reason for your edit. Does that not satisfy your OCD? It satisfies me.

Why should I have to write a reason for correcting a typo within five seconds of posting it, other sites give a grace period.  If doing that satisfied my OCD I wouldn't have written the post, two people so far seem to agree with me.

Just now, Joe MacCarthy said:

What's the deal, you shouldn't be three thingies behind me.  I didn't think my charm, wit, and curmudgeonly schtick was worth three extra thingies.

They docked me three levels for formerly being a member of the axis of evil posters, wrestling Grizzlies and using the Swartz.

Just now, Joe MacCarthy said:

Would it be wrong to ask where in PI?  Charlottesville?  Toronto?  Near the Hunter River Irving?  Just curious.

Lol.  “Near the Hunter River Irving?”  Hahaha.  That is pretty damn specific.

I live in Stratford, just on the other side of the river from Charlottetown.   

Just now, dyslexic nam said:

Lol.  “Near the Hunter River Irving?”  Hahaha.  That is pretty damn specific.

I live in Stratford, just on the other side of the river from Charlottetown.   

I used to know the Island quite well. I believe you're a young man so you may not have heard of Guy the Painter.  I used to live near his studio at Harbourside beside the Yacht Club.

The Hunter River Irving was always a stop on the way home from up West.  Once I stopped a full motorhome of TV crew and talent for my favourite, Licorice Cigars.  Everybody came out smoking them, even the women, a few even had pipes.  Man, I gotta get to sleep.

6 hours ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

I used to know the Island quite well. I believe you're a young man so you may not have heard of Guy the Painter.  I used to live near his studio at Harbourside beside the Yacht Club.

The Hunter River Irving was always a stop on the way home from up West.  Once I stopped a full motorhome of TV crew and talent for my favourite, Licorice Cigars.  Everybody came out smoking them, even the women, a few even had pipes.  Man, I gotta get to sleep.

OK, here's my story about PEI hospitality.

When I hitchhiked across Canada after high school we ferried to PEI. So one guy who picked us up along that road said we could stay in a house he had, in Hunter River. Perhaps he felt for us as we told him we'd slept the previous in the open air under a building ledge in Charlottetown. It was an old wooden home on the road in, just before town on the highway, sitting alone on the left.

Thing is, he gave us the keys and we never saw him again, we left the keys inside, shut the door and went on our way. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

It's funny how back in the day everybody knew the ferries and had a rating system.  The Lucy Maud was the worst (reeked of fish), the old Abby was next worst.  The there were the twins Holiday Island and Vacationland and probably the favourite John Hamilton Gray.

When I meet an Islander today I talk their ear off and find out what's going on.  Pretty much all the restaurants and bars I used to go to are now gone.

1 hour ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

It's funny how back in the day everybody knew the ferries and had a rating system.  The Lucy Maud was the worst (reeked of fish), the old Abby was next worst.  The there were the twins Holiday Island and Vacationland and probably the favourite John Hamilton Gray.

When I meet an Islander today I talk their ear off and find out what's going on.  Pretty much all the restaurants and bars I used to go to are now gone.

Yeah, things have changed quite a bit. I think the Holiday Island is still moving people and cars across the Strait but I suspect much of what you knew is gone.  And for the record - I am not young at this point lol.

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

OK, here's my story about PEI hospitality.

When I hitchhiked across Canada after high school we ferried to PEI. So one guy who picked us up along that road said we could stay in a house he had, in Hunter River. Perhaps he felt for us as we told him we'd slept the previous in the open air under a building ledge in Charlottetown. It was an old wooden home on the road in, just before town on the highway, sitting alone on the left.

Thing is, he gave us the keys and we never saw him again, we left the keys inside, shut the door and went on our way. 

Ie. The good ol days.  There are still some old souls around that are probably like that but PEI has been dragged into the modern era with all that entails.  Not even many hitchhikers any more.   Funny enough, I had a long conversation with someone about hitchhiking on the Island last night.