The Voyageurs Soccer Supporters Corp.

Lofty

What has happened to the group of fans called The Voyageurs? They used to have a forum, a place where they could go to communicate, organize, and make decisions. That forum has been intentionally ditched and replaced with this one, Canadian Soccer News. The Voyageurs no longer have a place where they can discuss things and make group decisions. That process has been replaced by a Corporation which apparently now unilaterally makes decisions for The Voyageurs. There is zero transparency. Does anybody even know who its members are, let alone what it is up to? Does this Corporation really represent The Voyageurs?

I've attached the Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation (pending -- doesn't seem to like pdfs), both of which are publicly available (thank you to the person who dug them up -- it wasn't me). I was surprised to find there are two classes of members: voting and non voting. Since when did the opinions of some Voyageurs not count? And is anybody actually a member, other than Jamie? Who are the Directors? Who are the members? These are not rhetorical questions.

Edit: It doesn't want to let me upload a PDF but you can easily download both docs yourself from here:

https://www.ic.gc.ca/app/scr/cc/ext/cps/dcmnts?corpId=11034014

I'm posting this in the MNT section because of course there is no Voyageurs section and The Voyageurs started out with the goal of supporting Canada's National teams.

Edited by Lofty

He talked about this over a year ago when the forum was on thevoyageurs.org..that he was incorporating and was the only director..so not a surprise to me..it has been clear for a while that he is at the top of The Voyageurs and making all the decisions..if I remember correctly some of the reasons were that he put a lot of time and money into it and thought he knew what was best for Voyageurs so didnt want to lose control by adding more ppl as directors..he could correct me if im wrong but that was my understanding..now some of the questions are was it acceptable to do this alone, how to become a member and have a bigger voice, is it good or bad overall for Voyageurs to not have their own forum etc. and ultimately will the decision making stay closed and limited to one person or will it change..what is the plan

As we are on CSN now I think its also important to know who is the owner or director of CSN and who are the decision makers here as we are seeing some members banned and not able to get clear answers on why or who did it

Dont think there are any members currently other than the director

1 hour ago, Big_M said:

He talked about this over a year ago when the forum was on thevoyageurs.org..that he was incorporating and was the only director..so not a surprise to me..it has been clear for a while that he is at the top of The Voyageurs and making all the decisions..if I remember correctly some of the reasons were that he put a lot of time and money into it and thought he knew what was best for Voyageurs so didnt want to lose control by adding more ppl as directors..he could correct me if im wrong but that was my understanding..now some of the questions are was it acceptable to do this alone, how to become a member and have a bigger voice, is it good or bad overall for Voyageurs to not have their own forum etc. and ultimately will the decision making stay closed and limited to one person or will it change..what is the plan

As we are on CSN now I think its also important to know who is the owner or director of CSN and who are the decision makers here as we are seeing some members banned and not able to get clear answers on why or who did it

Dont think there are any members currently other than the director

So more of a dictatorship than a democracy then.

I seem to recall things being discussed on the forum and then voted on by the members.

^ Thanks. That is good history regarding how we got to where we are today.

But the question remains: does The Voyageurs Corp. actually represent The Voyageurs Supporters Group?

In other words, have The Voyageurs Supporters truly agreed to bow to the greater knowledge and wisdom of the one or two enlightened individuals running The Voyageurs Corp?

3 hours ago, Winnipeg Fury said:

Doug may have contracted 'chinese-virus,' from this very forum.

He'll possibly be back at a later date, when feeling better.

I've only myself to blame. I should've washed my hands, as many others have done.

Live and learn.

Did the email extortion I received come from someone at this site?

Yesterday, after a few days of posts that expressed my critical views on the moderation and management of the Voyageurs, I received an email citing my personal password on this site and attempting to extort me for money. It claimed to have a sex video of me (which of course I wish were true) which they would show to everyone if I did not pay 2000 in Bitcoins.

The password I used here is only used in a few other places, this is the longest standing and most used, so that makes me suspicious.

Using personal data of a user on a website is not legal.

I will be sending a message to the moderators on this board reminding them that email extortion is a crime. 

For those who want to encourage me to laugh this off, let me just say I have knowledge of email scams. I organised a travelling exhibition on the 419 scam quite a few years back, and I am personal friends with technicians and activists working against such fraud. So I am not exactly what you would call naive, I have my eyes open. This email was totally different from any other scam, malware or phishing attempt I have ever seen. 

https://elpais.com/diario/2006/11/23/ciberpais/1164252267_850215.html

Let's not over-react, fine. But let's be careful that people in positions of responsability who may feel their backs are against the wall, are not making decisions they'll regret.

I've told the mods and admins that I'll report to the RCMP if necessary.

Jeepers!  This is turning into a cheap spy novel.  UT knows too much we have to silence him....use the incriminating tapes!!  Do you really suspect someone on this site is targeting you for blackmail?  Even if someone had their "back to the wall"...oh boy.  We need some soccer back before everyone loses their minds.  

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Let's not over-react, fine. But let's be careful that people in positions of responsability who may feel their backs are against the wall, are not making decisions they'll regret.

4 hours ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

There are two types of Votageurs: paying customers and the ones who watch on TV.

There used to be only one type of Voyageur; and that type did fundraising so that everybody could contribute so that there would only need to be one type of Voyageur.

1 hour ago, Kent said:

Yeah, I think it's unlikely that it's a moderator from this site trying to silence you UT. But you may have an account somewhere on a website that was breached (maybe it was even this one).

Sounds like you are describing this scam. https://blog.malwarebytes.com/cybercrime/2019/02/sextortion-bitcoin-scam-makes-unwelcome-return/

As I mentioned I am not only aware of various email scams, I have researched them and did an exhibit about them. I even have a collection of them. And as you rightly mention, most are typified and have certain patterns that are repeated.

That is what I would suppose here.

This was the first I've received that directly cited a personal password accurately. My password for this site. So yes, maybe this website was breached. Timely for that to happen just now don't you think, at a rather sensitive moment in the domain's history.

If someone is screwing around, they are making a mistake.

9 hours ago, Winnipeg Fury said:

Doug may have contracted 'chinese-virus,' from this very forum.

Given that there are those in society, who are using the Covid virus to aid in their long-standing anti-white racism, I really don't think using such language is necessary. 

Please stop it, it's offensive, and unnecessarily politicizes the subject - which is surely touchy enough without raising the spectre of race.